It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebs who sold their soul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by Beyond Creation

"darkness is not stupid and understands human psychology intimately. "

For some reason that really creeped me out at a gut level.

I'm one of those who is on the fence, but if it came down to it, I know where my allegiance lies.

To use the word of the day... At a ''stretch'', I'd say you felt a resonance in your sacral chakra, which is in that area.

Allow me to share some further information. This website I visited last night was amongst those that lead me to the 'celeb..'' video.

thealienproject.blogspot.com...

It also opened me up to 'gematria'. mysticalinternet.com...

With regards to the fence, remember:

One is unconditional, the other is very much conditional.
One is infinite, the other is finite.
One is, the other, without, is not.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
Its surprising how candid, and even proud the soulless are.

Aren't we supposed to be proud?

So why would it be surprising?

The 'proud' reference was concerning the soul-less. I'm not affilated with such a group so no further comment.

Why suprising? Based upon my own beliefs, to sell ones soul is not an act deserving applaud, perhaps only to those in the club.

Have fun whilst you can.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I just can't buy any of this. I will tell you why, well that Roseanne little interview clip, exactly me to a "T" it's like she knew me as a kid, at 6 I wanted nothing more than to be a singer/pop star/ actress, and I did try to summon the Devil, so bad I was crying because I had no response at all...well except in my case my entire family told me I could not sing (that isnt true BTW thanks to technology I found out I am closer to pitch than everybody claimed and can match all of witney houston's notes all perfectly) but that's neither here nor there, the real point is Satan, the Devil, Lucifer the demons whatever, never came and I tried & tried real hard I did, I mean I became seriously engulfed in the occult and not the light nature stuff I am into now. No I was deeply into the dark stuff. It only did one thing for me, well maybe two, neither of which was to get me that much coveted record deal or breakout stardom that I wanted. So this is what shaped my beleifs and I beleive there is no devil. Or what? Maybe my soul wasn't good enough for him? What? Did he already own my soul? Do I maybe not even have a soul? Well I have to have a soul and something loving wanted to save me because when I was depressed and ready to die because I realized my dreams will never be realized, I tried to commit suicide and something saved me. So I must have a soul, no? So what then? Am I just too Good or am I protected beyond the normal soul? I really don't understand; you don't understand, I mean when I tried I was not joking, I knew what I was putting on the line and I really didn't care, but all I got was a couple of consolation prizes, ha, they made me feel worse than if I had sold my soul, at least it was mine to do with what I wish, but what was given to me was a life and some petty retribution. I just can't buy this...if there was a devil at that time in my life I made that step to give my soul to him, I was or should have been as close to the darkness you speak of than anybody. I even knew I would have to die at 27(this is largely accepted as the usual age of collection), but you see, my fame would have immortalized me, so I didn't give a rat's patooty. I even went to a haunted crossroads to make the deal once. If you do not beleive me check up that scary places website and look up the newport new jersey haunted "hanging" tree! I went there oh yes I did! But he did not meet me at the crossroads either! If he is real you know I am real pissed off at him you better beleive that!

edit on 20-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: sp.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

''wow...looks like some in this thread have a problem with respecting the opinions of others...keeping it under control, but it still shows.''

Ok, thanks for your opinion, greatly respected. You let me know who's to blame for the 'wow' and I'll make sure the mods keep an eye on him/her.

''By your statement about light and darkness, it appears you subscribe to the idea of balance...so in that case you may wish to rethink the idea that Light stands alone. Looking at it differently, you may say that once light enters darkness, that darkness is no longer and becomes part of the light. ''

To use Tori Amos' words, darkness is ''distorted energy''. It is not pure. Light does not enter darkness, darkness IS Light, albeit with a bad attitude (to put it very, very simply).

Perhaps what you are inferring to is the concept of duality, which I hasten to add, to which I do not subscribe.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Before there was anything, there was darkness, and God said "let there be light" to me this infers, that God was originated In darkness, light and dark has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Good and bad there certainly is plenty of, but I subscribe that evil is a purely human bore trait, which we partook in when we disobeyed and bit that nasty apple, and the serpent was our "inner" or rather "eve's" inner deamon. Her concousness that materialized into a mad hallucination, that came from her desire that blinded her from right and forever seperated our souls from the divine.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

First of all I wish I could sit down with you over a nice cup of tea and explore this further but resources/opportunity permitting, I'll attempt to consider the most signifcant observations.

You speak of suicide yet you say ''..fame would have immortalized me..'' . Whichever is your desire, suicide or immortality, the way in which you facilitate these outcomes leads to the same result - an eternally imprisoned existence.

''didn't give a rat's patooty'' - Pretend for a minute that the premise of the original video post is accurate, that all the 'celebs' you see are soul-less. Do you give as much of a a 'rat's patooty' as their ego believes? I doubt its possible, as their ego is so over inflated that no amount of adoration could ever justify it.

My point being, even if the devil had agreed with you to take your soul, in reality, no-one would really give any more of a toss than they did before.

The only thing that can make a difference is finding peace in yourself and re-addressing what it is you have dreams in becoming and for that, you require nothing from the outside world, or demonic forces.

To be angry at satan for not buying your soul is rather silly. You obviously have work to do as the being you are, so get to work. Like I said in my initial thread intro, if you fail, get over yourself. Learn the lesson or it will be a lifetime(s) in class, and once that's over, its play time.

Peace

edit on 20-1-2011 by Beyond Creation because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

''Before there was anything, there was darkness..''

By deifnition, darkness is the absence of light. Darkness would not exist without first, Light. Therefore, to reiterate, darkness depends on light and so it can not stand alone. It cannot precede and so cannot begin.

I hope you understand, as this is a significant confusion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Whatever I asked one thing why no talents make it and they obviously sold their souls to the devil then why could he not or would not take mine and freaking give me the fame I wanted? Obviously jessica simpson did not work hard, pfffft I heard fighting CATS that sounds better than her crap. What I want to know is what made the devil choose them and not me, or there really is no devil and they just got extremely wildly lucky? That's the point the suicide attempt was over not being able to reach the devil. And being aggravated that my offer of all those he may have taken, my offer was denied. Right now I am way over expiration date to ever get what I want now. And I am going after other things like knowledge. However come the time of my death, this is it, I regardless Of how I die, will be walking through that left door that Sylvia brown talks about, screw this crapola! I don't wanna learn I don't wanna be enlightened, I only wanted one thing which I did not get, So I will refuse to go to the light. It's sad that is how I feel but only one thing to blame that on, a child can only be neglected for so long before they turn their back on the Father.
A Little About The Left Door

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'll have it be known that I have offered my soul in return for fame and fortune. I have yet to receive my bounties, although I feel my soul is gone. Is their customer service in hell.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Are you for real? Anytime someone disagrees with you you declare "THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER COMMENT"- ego much?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Let me state my view in regards to "selling your soul" in order to gain popularity, monetary gain, etc...

When it comes to musical artists, when one states that "I've sold my soul," I think that refers to that particular artists signing with a prominent record label company. When an artist, through their creative minds, composes a song, that usually implies that they've put in all of their "soul" into creating the song. For example, I'm sure you've heard someone mention this, "that song came stricktly from my soul." Now, when one accepts a contract with a record label, the producers of that label will use your creative mind to censor some of your lyrics and put out there the music that they want you to put out. The producers are basically using your creative mind (soul) into making a lot of profit for themselves and sharing a tiny bit with you. So when one states that they've sold their soul to the devil, it basically refers to the idea that your intellectual property is now controlled by someone else.

That's what I think when it comes to music artists.

ReAlIzAtIoN
edit on 20-1-2011 by ReAlIzAtIoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

Thank you-someone who understands metaphors and figures of speech...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah I think it's a crock what they really mean is they prostituted (sold) their body, at least the no talents did. I mean come on, a lot of them did spend a lot of time on their knees than in any recording studio or dance studio or acting classes, like Jessica Simpson, Snooky, Brittney, you know she spent a lot of time on her knees, still does now, only now it's not with producers, just regular Joes lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I always thought it was the result of a more attractive personality as well as physique...but I guess you could say its because they sold their souls to the devil. That makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think you're on the ball mate! You know what's going on...

Funny thing is, a million "stars" could come out and openly say they sold their souls to the Devil and most people still wouldn't believe it's possible. Don't have the time to watch all your vids, but I've probably seen most of what's in there anyway.

Not sure if this is in there, but here's an obvious one for you. Highway to Hell by ACDC:

Hey Satan
Paid my dues
Playin' in a rockin' band

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm assuming a ginger joke was made in one of the 3 pages of this thread, I won't look back at all of them but I will say good job. If not then somebody needs to get on it, we can't have a thread about souls without mentioning gingers.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Rascal flats...

I do not know why but it hit me like a ton of bricks...They sold their souls...

This song came on the radio and their rise made perfect sense.....

I am still debating on this man...

Brad paisley....

Still doesnt matter I like their songs...

I have always wondered about that... The selling of souls... Some geniuses I know put them in a pot for a poker game...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good post OP, a lot of people would actually laugh at the subject....."oh we do not have a soul etc etc". We have energy within ourselves that generates muscle movements etc, And we can consider this being our soul. Or scenario two would be that selling your soul would mean you do part of the devils work for him and commit blasphemy to God/Allah/YAHWEH...in exchange for a better life on earth for a certain period of time before the 'contract expires'. As someone who believed in becoming a famous musician all my life i was very hesitant to release any of my material because i always felt that something in the business wasn't right.

The music Industry FYI is full of child molestation and rape (B2K, Jackson Five, Criss Cross, Bow Wow, Rihanna etc), homosexuality (B2K, Marques Houston, Timberland, P.Diddy, Lil Wayne etc) and enslavement. Once you sell your soul by physically signing paperwork with your blood or performing rituals of initiation the only way outta there is in a box or in jail. Lots of artists have tried going against the 'game' only to be brought down with charges and sued over and over again etc (MJ, DMX etc). I'm sure most of you have heard Eminems recovery album, Who do you think the b**** he is referring to in all his songs is? The game/the music industry/the fame. Another excuse i would expect to get would be "Ah its all about publicity and fame and record sales, they say/do these things for attention", That sir is far from correct. Once you leave the music industry your back in your moms basement, You probably would make around 150,000-200,000 off a platinum album and we all know very few artists go platinum these days. The people who own the record labels are so damn wealthy they don't care about the money, Their main objective is to brainwash the youth.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What a load of crap ! There is no such thing as selling your soul !!
They succeeded because some had talent , and some got marketed very well , and they were at the right time and right place....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's been done in a movie. George Burns made this movie back in 1984.

Oh God You Devil

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join