It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Biggest Ever' Fox Caught In Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I feel bad that this big fella ate a kitty but I feel even worse that the fox was killed for it. Has anyone there ever heard of a tranquilizer? Extraordinary size but no longer, he's dead. This ticks me off big time!!

What do you mean "anyone there?" Are you trying to suggest that because one guy killed a fox, the whole of the UK is equally as blood thirsty? Seriously? One person's single action has made you generalise over 60million people???

And trust me, anywhere in the World, in any rural area, the fox would likely have faced the same demise. Especially in the USA. It would be an extremely, extremely lucky wee foxy if it came across not only someone who had a tranq gun to hand but was also kindly enough to use it.

Originally posted by CX
I must admit to being on the fence with the whole killing of the fox issue.

I live in the forest where hunting was always the norm, i have seen the destruction that foxes can bring.

Then again, they are amazing creatures which you can't stop and stare at when you see one.

CX.

Beautiful, elegant and extremely interesting creatures, aren't they? I love 'em! And still hold such a passionate hatred to those upper class toffs who would chase them on horses, with their dogs, which would absolutely rip them apart upon capture (and they would be captured around 80% of the time. What a sport, eh?? Only the British aristocracy would come up with such a bloodthirsty "sport" where there is absolutely no chance of harm or failure for them!
They might as well be chasing octogenarians around a shopping center.

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

I would ask that all of you make representations to the RCVS - The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons about the conduct of this vet. Why were these wild animals killed? Vengeance?

However you feel personally about this, the RCVS would do no more than give you a polite reply. It is common practice in rural areas around the World to destroy foxes.
edit on 2-1-2011 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If you watch the video they kinda show them measuring the fox.

static1.sky.com...

edit on 3-1-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is no proof the fox killed the cat, and it should NOT have been killed! This is just a large dog fox, and I've seen many dog foxes which have been very large. It's nothing unusual. It is supprisingly VERY rare for foxes, even dog foxes, to attack and kill cats, they prefer chickens, rabbits & guinea pigs, as they do not put up a fight. Domestic cats can be really vicious, and foxes are lazy killers, they prefer to scavange from bins & dumpsters or kill captive prey.

I bet this is just more anti fox propaganda from David Cameron, who wants so badly to justify lifiting the ban on hunting with hounds.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Trying to find some decent pics.

Is this actually the biggest fox ever caught in the UK?

The little one this guy is holding seems really small..... granted the bigger one is big, but I live in a pretty rural area and have seen some decent sized foxes before.

Hmmm

edit on 3/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Who ever the Turkey was who killed the foxes then I've got a new target for you.... see the attached link...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Meet Stewie, I expect to see him strung up like the foxes ASAP....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Its certainly a big one, probably one of the lucky ones that managed to find an abundance of food to sustain it so well. Just in the past year big rats and now this big fox have been reported, it makes you wonder if theres anything else 'big' going to show up on this small island.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I see that this article has already made it to the wikipedia page on Red Foxes, I guess that makes it official whether it's true or not

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Mutant freak of nature
This happens when wild animals go eating the thrown out remains
of our human processed fast food

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Having lived in London most of my life I can tell you for a fact that I have seen foxes larger than that on a regular basis.

I'm actually a bit bemused as to how they could possibly say that is the largest fox "ever". I'm with a few friends ATM and they all agree with me. Wierd.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Really.... oh well.

I guess hearsay and speculation is all that's needed for wikipedia.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'd bet good money on that vet being a hunt supporter probably even the vet that they use when their horses need a vet (I don't know many hunts that would use a vet for a sick hound when a shot gun works just as well).

I used to be in the league against cruel sports and follow hunts with a camera (catching them out in their lies about the 'humane' nature of the hunt) and I've seen a fair few injuries to horses during hunts that I'm sure the vets make good money from...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thw wording in the article makes it sound like the foxes were caught in seprate traps, I would guess you lay more than one trap to catch something and foxes are a pest so why shouldn't they of been shot?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
could this fox be a result of cross breeding perhaps?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

So we have our very own "Foxzilla". That certainly is some size of fox, and it does raise the question of how big these and other wild animals can become if left to roam free?

Key words..."free to roam". I know the fox ate a cat, but that is what wild carnivores do. I find it shameful that every time a we find some amazing animal, be it of enormous size or new species we kill it. We will probably never know how big most animals get because of this.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
its chemtrails and swine flu, you cant deny this.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I can't believe they killed the fox! I love cats, but if you allow them outside, you know the risks involved. That was a beautiful and healthy fox and should have been left alone!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
like i said, perhaps its possible this was cross bred some how

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
maybe its an alien fox from the planet neptune, probably something to do with 2012...

and then again maybe it's from uranus...

edit on 4-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join