It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Lots of great stuff on this thread, wish I had time to comment more.

You point out some really good stuff, such as, that our image of the Milky Way is based on what we see of other Galaxies, and only based on our tiny perspective of the Universe.

Most importantly, what is this mysterious dark matter that scientists keep talking about? What are asteroids, planetoids, planets, and gas giants? Could it be that space between the giant luminous stars is filled with matter very much like that which composes the Earth. That not all of this matter rotates around stars?

What are stars? Giant masses of plasma, essentially of protons, otherwise known as Hydrogen, which has an atomic weight of 1, as in one proton without a neutron, and is typically positive in charge, which means it is a free floating proton.

Sun - positive in charge, Earth - Negative in charge. Yes, yin yang baby.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Great thread, i loved reading it.
I dont have anything to add to the subject, but it was really worth the time it took to read this.

S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And if I was an astrophysicist with a super computer to simulate it I would go for the grant.

My advice to you is go for the grant anyway. There is a lot of money out there... you simply need to ask (or find a grant writer) Your project would come under education, so that puts it higher on the grantor list than my theme park plan

I think these computer simulated animations are neat but we can do a whole lot better and , more importantly, we need to do a whole lot better. Just in the known motions of the objects in our solar system would give us an understanding that I don't think anyone now could describe.

For instance do you know why the Moon eclipses the Sun (both lunar and solar eclipses)? The Moon's orbital plane is inclined to the ecliptic by 5.145°, the ecliptic being Earth's solar orbital plane. Orbit1.svg‎ ... Wiki Source.
At two points in the Moons orbital plane it crosses the Earth's plane, node crossings, and if the Moon is between the Earth and the Sun or behind the Earth we have an eclipse.

These node crossings move in a 18.6 year cycle. Wiki- Lunar node.
Not many people understand these apparent motions and an animation of this would explain it fully in a matter of seconds and this type of understanding would never be forgotten.

A good example is librations. For me I didn't understand these motions as they were described literally but now that I have seen the animation I understand what they are and it is something that I will never forget. This is the oscillating motion of orbiting bodies relative to each other. The Moon does this as it orbits the Earth. The Moon rocks back and fourth a bit in its monthly orbit and shows a tidal lock with Earth, one side faces Earth. It is also in an elliptical orbit, getting closer and further away.

Here is a simple animation of one lunar month that perfectly describes these motions.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b109fbd4932.gif[/atsimg]
Notice how the Moon gets closer to Earth when its full and farther away when its new.

The planet Venus does something similar with Earth and is quite difficult to explain. During a node crossing and inferior conjunction Venus transits in front of the Sun. Inferior conjunctions happen 5 times in 8 years and then these respective alignments repeat making a pentagram. Here is an illustration I made showing this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86b75318359f.png[/atsimg]
The conjunction points are numbered in their sequence and dated and these are true alignments on their respective dates. Notice the 6th alignment, on June 6 2012, is off just a little bit (by about 2.44 days). Both the 1st and 6th alignments are transit dates as this is also a node crossing. This alignment is moving making transits a little rare.

This is an 8:13 orbital resonance yet it is not perfect. It moves clockwise 2.44 days throughout its 8 year cycle (that's 13 orbits for Venus). Part of this motion is the movement of the node crossings which are very difficult to imagine without an animation. It gets even more complicated than this.

Wow, I went off on a tangent there. My point was to express our need for an animation of galactic motions yet I haven't even got there yet. I was also trying to show how important such an animation would be. I am not talking about the simulation of galaxies colliding, those don't do much for me, but actual galactic motions as we know them. There are a lot of them many of which we are aware of. It is a very complicated cosmic dance of oscillating and swirling motions that needs to be shown.
edit on 12/13/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia
I don't get the connection with the outer planets and the plasma torus between Io and Jupiter, sorry.

None that I am aware of... I was intending that for a separate thread and it got mixed in to this one when I copied posts from Word. Seems it wasn't much of a distraction

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Note: Off topic for a minute...

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Whether a sea of star light or a sea of star fish, the Navy is right on it. God bless their souls.

Well I for one think that the NAVY, even with their 'secret space program' is one of the true good guys and really does have our best interest at heart
I say this because they are very forth coming with info when I ask them the right questions and will be very clear and polite when I ask the wrong questions

What if those two big gamma rays at the center of our galaxy have something to do with the naval interest? It's worth a thought.

Thanks for that link. It seems these bubbles were hidden behind a fog of gamma rays. Seems if you were intent on flitting around the galaxy that gamma radiation of such intensity would cause problems to a space craft unless you had Star Trek type shields...

So a little side step off topic... but in light of the NAVY's interest in these bubbles, and the fact that the NAVY runs HAARP
perhaps there really is something to the theory that HAARP and EISCAT facilities are indeed working on a planetary shield... and maybe... just maybe theu can extrapolate that technology to make Enterprise class shields. But I guess if that were true, there would be some evidence of that... somewhere...

Oh wait!! Almost forgot... there is THIS

Shields for the Starship Enterprise: A Reality?

Image Credit: EISCAT
www.eiscat.rl.ac.uk...

A team of scientists at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (part of the Science and Technology Facilities Council) are set to construct an experimental magnetic shield that would protect explorers in their journeys between the planets.

In the last year space agencies in the United States, Europe, China, Japan and India have announced their intention to resume human exploration of the Solar system, beginning with the Moon and perhaps ultimately moving on to Mars. But travel beyond the immediate vicinity of the Earth carries significant risks for astronauts, not the least of which is the exposure to sometimes high levels of radiation. Now a team of scientists at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (part of the Science and Technology Facilities Council) are set to construct an experimental magnetic shield that would protect explorers in their journeys between the planets. Dr Ruth Bamford will present this idea in her talk on Wednesday 18 April at the Royal Astronomical Society National Astronomy Meeting in Preston.

Cosmic rays and radiation from the Sun itself can cause acute radiation sickness in astronauts and even death. Between 1968 and 1973, the Apollo astronauts going to the moon were only in space for about 10 days at a time and were simply lucky not to have been in space during a major eruption on the sun that would have flooded their spacecraft with deadly radiation. In retrospect Neil Armstrong’s ‘one small step for Man’ would have looked very different if it had.

On the International Space Station there is a special thick-walled room to which the astronauts have had to retreat during times of increased solar radiation. However on longer missions the astronauts cannot live within shielded rooms, since such shielding would add significantly to the mass of the spacecraft, making them much more expensive and difficult to launch. It is also now known that the ‘drip-drip’ of even lower levels of radiation can be as dangerous as acute bursts from the sun.

On the surface of the Earth we are protected from radiation by the thick layers of the atmosphere. And the terrestrial magnetic field extends far into space, acting as a natural ‘force field’ to further protect our planet and deflecting the worst of the energetic particles from the Sun by creating a ‘plasma barrier’.

Now scientists at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire plan to mimic nature. They will build a miniature magnetosphere in a laboratory to see if a deflector shield can be used to protect humans living on space craft and in bases on the Moon or Mars.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Of course, unknown to many, NASA was already working on space craft EM shielding back in 1964. Maybe that is where Gene Roddenberry got the inspiration from

ACTIVE SHIELDING CONCEPTS FOR THE IONIZING RADIATION IN SPACE

prepared for
NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
R.C. GOOD, S.P. SHEN, AND N.F. DOW
Contract NASw-502 Final Report Rev. 31 Jan. 1964

ntrs.nasa.gov...

Sooooooooooo what if the U.S. Navy is militarizing the SagA zone?

Well they are certainly 'out there' Still trying to hook up a ride though

Starblossom at your service Sir.

Welcome aboard
and check out this thread if you haven't already. I will add this material to that thread as it is more relevant there. Thanks for the info... and thanks to Zero Ghost for sowing me that picture
... just opened a whole new can of worms

NAVY Space Command Uncovered
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmm, you take a large atom, and with a series of varying frequencies, force out a large numbers of the neutrons, so that you have a much stronger proton nucleus that can hold larger numbers of electrons. These electrons create an outer barrier that makes these atoms negative on the outside, although fairly balanced overall.

The strong negative outer shell would then attract a layer of protons in space that create the plasma shield which blocks out radiation, neutrons and protons, which would go straight through normal solid material as we know it.

The key is to keep the protons on the outside from pulling the electrons in the middle away from the primarily proton nucleuses of the material.

Umm, on subject, dark matter, large numbers of asteroids and planets? Could that be the situation. The wide spread Sagittarius stream? Kind of like our oceans that surround our continents, surrounding the Milky Way?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I just grabbed this from the nasa site...is this normal this black line or probs some glitch.

img8.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
ive read odd stories stating things like jupiter was going to be turned into a smaller star,
but they didnt have enough power in the universe to do it.

what if they got the power from outside our universe!
we know nothing

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
amazing amazing information! this forum rocks !

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE115
I just grabbed this from the nasa site...is this normal this black line or probs some glitch.

It is normal... the black line is the arm that holds the little black disc with the circle on it. The disc protects the camera from direct sunlight...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by EBE115

It is normal... the black line is the arm that holds the little black disc with the circle on it. The disc protects the camera from direct sunlight...

This thread is incredible... meaning it has no crediblity. Your response above is indicitive of such incredibilty.

The device you attempt to describe is actually called a Coronagraph and it is NOT intended to protect the camera from direct sunlight. It is a device which blocks out the sunlight so that the corona and/or smaller objects near the sun can be viewed and studied. Those objects would otherwise be invisible due to the bright sunlight.

Lots of stars and flags for a theory that was debunked 7 years ago and all you really offer as evidence is some conjecture and pictures. Most of the links provided in the OP do not offer any shred of evidence to support your claim that Terra originated in the Sag DEG and most don't even speculate the possibilty. In fact most of your sources even confirm that the Earth is indeed orbiting around the Milky Way galactic center.

Anyway... nice job on the stars and flags....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
It is a device which blocks out the sunlight so that the corona and/or smaller objects near the sun can be viewed and studied. Those objects would otherwise be invisible due to the bright sunlight.

So your saying the black line is not normal?
that it doesn't hold the 'device' that 'blocks out the bright sun'

Just what Blarney are you actually saying here?

Anyway... nice job on the stars and flags....

Funny but it seems you are the only one having issues... if your jealous of the stars and flags, go start a productive thread instead of throwing red herrings

:shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I dont know how I missed this thread? I just came across it today. What an absolutely epic, thought provoking, make you feel tiny thread!! Zorgon, this thread is awesome. Its almost like we're spinning out of the milky way. I wish I knew all these terms to understand this better!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Amazing OP Zorgon.

When searching certain terms within Dr. Alexie's report I apparently landed on the Millennium projects copy of it.

Do I have a better link? or is there some cherry picking going on?

From the conclusion

It is reasonable to point out that our Planet will soon be experiencing these new conditions of growing energy signifying the transition into a new state and quality of Space-Earth relationship. The living organisms of those regions of Earth having the major "inlets", or attractions, for cosmic influences will be taking the lead in evolving life's appropriate reactions, or processes, to these new conditions. These zones of vertical commutations and energy transfers are already becoming the heart, or hotbeds, in the search for new systems of adaptation and mutual transformation. The general list of these zones includes the polar regions, the eastern continental extremities of the equatorial regions [Caribbean, Madagascar, Philippines, Yellow Sea, etc.], and the inner continental zones tending to folding and uplifting [Himalayas, Pamir-Hindukush, Altay-Sayan systems, etc.]

The most significant of these areas are the helio-sensitive zones which have intense responses to geoeffective solar activities [Note #1]; responses that include the very dramatic and unusual manifestation of non-homogeneous vacuum, or classical non-mechanical ether, domain structures. These structures, or objects, then interact with the heliosensitive zones producing deep and powerful effects upon the environment such as the alteration of seismic activities, and chemical compositions. Because these non-homogeneous vacuum domain objects display not-of-this-physical-world characteristics such as "liquid light" and "non-Newtonian movement" it is difficult not to describe their manifestations as being "interworld processes". It is important to note that those heliosensitive zones that exhibit middle and large scale processes are also those that are closely associated with these "interworld processes" produced by physical vacuum homogeneity disturbances.

Such disturbances cause, and create, energy and matter transfer processes between the ether media and our three-dimensional world. The multitude of such phenomena, which is rich in it's quality and variety, is already growing quickly. Hundreds of thousands of these natural self-luminous formations are exerting a increasing influence upon Earth's geophysic fields and biosphere. We suggest that the presence of these formations is the mainstream precedent to the transformation of Earth;an Earth which becomes more and more subject to the transitional physical processes which exist within the borderland between the physical vacuum and our material world.

All of this places humanity, and each one of us, squarely in front of a very difficult and topical problem; the creation of a revolutionary advancement in knowledge which will require a transformation of our thinking and being equal to this never-before-seen phenomena now presencing itself in our world. There is no other path to the future than a profound internal experiential perception and knowledge of the events now underway in the natural environment that surrounds us. It is only through this understanding that humanity will achieve balance with the renewing flow of the PlanetoPhysical States and Processes.

End Paper

from my link

edit on 14-12-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: adding stuff

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
When searching certain terms within Dr. Alexie's report I apparently landed on the Millennium projects copy of it.

Far as 1 know the Mellennium Group's copy is the real deal.

You might be interested in one of Dr Alexey's other papers (not related to this thread0

Towards Lunar Archaeology
Dr. Alexey V. Arkhipov
Institute of Radio Astronomy, Nat. Acad. Sci. of Ukraine

The Society for Planetary SETI Research (SPSR)
spsr.utsi.edu...

New Frontiers in Science, Vol. 1 No. 2, Winter 2002 PDF
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oy! Thanks for sharing all that with me!!! And it's great to be on board.

I'll meet ya over on your other thread.
I like this one too!!!!!

Shields Up,

Starblossom

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks zorgon

That SETI link is sweet. I'm going to have fun with those lunar coordinates.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thats really neat, just shows how when you think you found an answer...YOU DIDNT!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Whether the Galaxy is Arthur, or Marthur is a moot point when you talk of a Dark Matter thread

Curious name huh?... call anything Dark Matter which cannot be understood ?

A child with a colouring book could understand the concept better than science... seeing all known matter revolves with GAPS

edit on 15-12-2010 by Somamech because: Why not? I have a big whilstle !

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
Whether the Galaxy is Arthur, or Marthur is a moot point when you talk of a Dark Matter thread

Yeah I will do a Dark Matter thread soon... but haven't started collecting data on that yet. The stuff is hard to find
Funny though that science seems to imply 90% of the Universe is DARK matter and energy. Maybe the Dark Side of the Force truly is stonger

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join