It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous are attacking INTERPOL / Mastercard / post finance / pay pal / advbyra.se (CURRENT)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Amazon europe has been taken down for a short time.

thenextweb.com...

It does appear that some offshoot of Anonymous is behind the attacks. In a now-deleted Tweet, it was noted that the sites are down, but no credit was taken:

However, according to Adrian Chen from Gawker, the talk inside of the Anonymous IRC channel is all surrounding an attack on MasterCard and there is only confusion concerning the European Amazon servers.

Strange.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I can't speak for everyone, but most of anonymous take pride in their own equipment and their own computers and tend not to get innocent people involved - since they wish to take the credit for it. As supposedly malicious anonymous seem to be, they are a focused, organised group who have 'unspoken' rules - such as not attacking innocents, or government websites (in America at least).

Excuse me what is LOIC and what does it do. this should be fun.
edit on 12-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Not telling people it dosen't hide ips until called out on it
Using random people with out filling them in on dos laws
Sure the list can keep going.
edit on 12-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
People, I am surprised nobody yet thought of this..

I strongly suspect that the Imageboard Community isn't behind the latest 'accomplishments' of Anonymous.
Though I can not provide any evidence to support my suspicion there is something fishy here.

Taking sites hosted on single computers or simple load balancers is possible with a DDOS. At first the sophistication of the attacks is greatly exaggerated by the press. Second the performance accessible within a grid computing environment is way higher than anything else.
That's why Wikileaks used the Amazon services in the first place, it is practically immune to DDOS attacks.

My concrete suspicion is that Anonymous had help from either inside. (The 'victims' playing dead on purpose or a few hours) or People with access to high speed Internet connections (major backbones, transnational fibre links, you know who that would be....)
edit on 15-12-2010 by kybertech because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

The recent events around wikileaks call to mind a concept used in old style intelligence operations know as a false flag operation.

dc406.com...:what-ifanonymous-was-used-as-someones-personal-army

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join