It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon.com Sells Pedophile Guide For Kindle!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I had no problem talking to my kids about it. And warning them of the dangers, and telling them it is likely to be a teacher or friend or close relative.

Parents dont need kids if they cant talk to them about the dangers the world presents, along with ways to empower yourself.

This book was NOT a parents guide, it was pedo fantasy. No parent worth his salt is going to buy a parents guide to pedophilia (which this is not, it is called child lovers guide but I digress) from Greaves and read it with their kids when the author stat4es he wrote the book so pedos could get liter (his spelling) sentences.

I admire your gumption defending this.

But I have to disagree.

There is really nothing to defend, because the man retains his rights, none of his rights were stomped.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I had no problem talking to my kids about it. And warning them of the dangers, and telling them it is likely to be a teacher or friend or close relative.

You are two generations younger than my parents. And I don't appreciate you judging them, though I shouldn't be surprised. I did, too, for a while, but I have grown past that. They did the best they knew how. I'm sure you didn't make any mistakes as a parent. Good on you.

I admire your gumption defending this.

I know you like to repeat that I'm defending this book, but that simply isn't true, no matter how many times you say it. I haven't read the book and cannot attack or defend it. My position is that of wanting people to talk about it more so the children can benefit. I don't give a crap about Greaves or his book. It's the idea that people would judge ANY BOOK without reading it and relegate it to the dark corners BEFORE reading it, that makes me sick and has me disappointed.

But life is full of disappointments.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What do you mean, you dont appreciate me judging them?? I never said anything about your parents, I knw your age, and would assume your parents are older than mine, or my grandparents age . I know things were diferent back then, but now is now, and I was just saying I had no problem with talking to my own kids. That says a lot doesnt it? How things have changed, for the better? I am sorry you thought I was judging your parents, but I am sad you jumped to that conclusion in the first place, esp. since I did not mention them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Judging this book would be the definition of ignorance.

I'm also finding it difficult to understand how everyone is still labeling it as "disgusting" even though it has been pointed out that the book addresses common problems for people with pedophilia, such as finding alternative outlets for their sexual energy...

The book is there to stop pedophiles from becoming child molesters. To argue against its sale is counterproductive to the "protect the children" argument and makes me think that people who take harsh stances against pedophiles are really just interested in pointing out how sexually disturbed other people are to take the focus off of their own perversions if not to simply babble about nothing.

Also, I'm assuming nobody here has read this book... I'm sure I don't have to regurgitate the obvious cliche that everyone is abiding by like it's a religion

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Under my avv ie is a link in my drop down menu. Please choose the one that says posts in this thread. I sampled the disgusting book, and put many quotes from Greaves himself. I dont need to read the entire filthy book to know what is in it, I read the sample Amazoin sent me.

And there are plenty of people in this thread defending and judging this book withoput reading anything at all about it. At least I downloaded the sample to read! Its free.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Instead of bitching and moaning about a stupid book, I would be a bit more worried about this.

www.reuters.com...

Want to fly with your kid, either they go through a nice full body scanner, showing them nude, or they get a nice agent putting their hands all over them. Child molester's dream job eh?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Instead of bitching and moaning about a stupid book, I would be a bit more worried about this.

www.reuters.com...

Want to fly with your kid, either they go through a nice full body scanner, showing them nude, or they get a nice agent putting their hands all over them. Child molester's dream job eh?
Im too poor to fly and my kids are grown.

But please start a thread of your own about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I suppose we should send in the Firemen to find this one distributed book and burn it and the house he/she lives in.

I'm referencing a book here, not sure which one
, I wouldn't normally have bothered reading it based on the cover or title -- thought it was some lame science book about combustion.

Anyways, hopefully we kill the kid that bought it in the process, that way, since we don't like reading the title of the book and he won't get to read it for the help that was advocated about it, he will grow up to be just like this guy and write a book to help another confused child who felt not unlike him at one point... we must intercept this train of guidance and experience so that we are not "subjected to looking at it" on Amazon.com while browsing under the pedophelia section of our book search.

Who is this really a triumph for? The children? Society? Control?

Congratulations.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Fahrenheit 451...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
there's a hell of a lot of difference between writing a book and molesting a child.

Thought preceeeds action.You keep saying "dont judge the book, dont judge the book" - but why not? Why arent we allowed to judge the book as tasteless, perhaps even as inciting illegal acts?

If he has the right to promote pedophilia, we have the right to criticize it.

There are 1 Million things the PC-police could defend and stand for, but they keep choosing people like this

edit on 12-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
lol, this sounds like when people wanted to ban the da vinci code and the harry potter books.....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
damn....accidentally hit the "edit" instead of the "quote" button. Mods...could you fix this?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I for one appreciate your views on this and applaud you for taking what you discovered a step further when you contacted Amazon.

I talked openly to my son when he was young about everything I could, I wanted his first "perception" to be given with healthy advice and healthy answers to his questions. I was told their first impressions were the one's that made the greatest influence on them.

As time passed and more subjects needed to be brought up, he would act like he wasn't listening but I knew he listened to every word I was speaking, lol.

You should get an applaud not only for following through on this but also for standing your ground on your convictions.

Thank you.
sl

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

You're welcome, sl.

But it was not just me, it was literally thousands of people, according to the girls I spoke with at Amazon.

I feel, most of us have phones and google. A phone call to an 800 number or an email IS the least, the very least a person should do, if they disagree with a business practice of one of their favorite vendors!

Wht disgusted me was the author's admission he wrote the book so pedos could get liter (his spelling) sentences if they got caught.

The book was exactly what the title promised, a child lover's guide, not some kind of bed time story book for tots.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
there's a hell of a lot of difference between writing a book and molesting a child.

Thought preceeeds action.You keep saying "dont judge the book, dont judge the book" - but why not? Why arent we allowed to judge the book as tasteless, perhaps even as inciting illegal acts?

If he has the right to promote pedophilia, we have the right to criticize it.

There are 1 Million things the PC-police could defend and stand for, but they keep choosing people like this

I'm going to try to reply to this again, hopefully this time it won't conveniently be deleted after counter-posting facts and valid information about the falsities of your post as if this is a police report in Philadelphia or something, coincidentally scoring some stars out of mutual ignorance.

First of all, paedophilia is not illegal, it is a mental condition.

paedophilia or pedophilia (ˌpiːdəʊˈfɪlɪə) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n
the condition of being sexually attracted to children

[Dictionary.reference.com]

Child molestation is the illegal act and it is in no way condoned by this book. This book was written to help any children that might find themselves in a situation where they are in a "relationship" with an older individual and how to make sure that the "relationship" doesn't turn into child molestation. It also provides pedophiles with alternative outlets for their sexual energy as opposed to molesting children.

I don't condone child molestation, obviously, but I am aware that pedophiles will exist no matter what we try to do about them and if this book does help a single child make the right decisions in this situation so they DON'T end up as mentally screwed as other pedophiles then it was well worth it, even despite the ignorant people that thrashed Amazon.com's reputation for holding their initial mission statement to not be the publication police.

This is sadly just lack of human knowledge resulting in harsh siding and hasty conclusions as usual. A.K.A. ignorance defining societal moral standards -- typical. The provocation comes solely from the title of the book and that's pretty much where everyone stopped investigating with logical rationale.

Amazon.com: demonized by ATS for denying ignorance. The only thing this book offends is misinformed peoples' egos and ignorant stereotypes.

The problem is not PC, it's people not knowing where to stop with STEREOTYPES. They go trampling all over companies' reputations and peoples' rights over something that they have clearly done ZERO RESEARCH about.

Why arent we allowed to judge the book as tasteless, perhaps even as inciting illegal acts?

What illegal acts are condoned by this book? Or are you just judging a book by its cover? Oh, that's right... you don't know what you're talking about...

P.S. I do not appreciate the personal attack and labeling of "PC Police" while following this basic rule of equality:

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

I'd appreciate it if you could direct your frustrations at the topic and not the people, Mod. Thank you.

I hope that after this we are mature enough to just realize that sometimes we have no idea what we're talking about when we condemn people, realistically expect nothing from failure of perspective from members of this site and I sadly bid you adieu, you can enjoy ranting about things you don't know anything about with a gavel in one hand and a burning book in the other -- I will have no part in this fallacy.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

First of all, paedophilia is not illegal, it is a mental condition.

I didnt say pedophilia was illegal. I stopped reading here because you are obviously not talking to me but to someone who said pedophilia is illegal.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

So you read the book? Can you share some excerpts with us? I am assuming you read it, because you are accusing others of judging a book by its cover.

Also, I put a lot more research into my posts on this thread far beyond the TITLE of this book.

The author of this book, as I have uncovered, has admitted to writing the book so pedos get liter (his spelling) sentences if/when the pedo gets caught. That is so far from in the best interest of the victim.

Now if this is truly a book where the author cared about children, he would want the harshest sentences for those who steal children's souls and innocence.

Anyway I noticed you announced you are dropping out of the debate, that speaks volumes for your stance.

And ATS had nothing to do with censorship or book burning or stomping rights.

No one is preventing the man from selling his book.

Amazon as a business with sense, decided it was NOT the correct venue for the book.

Since you speak as if you have read the tome, please provide quotes to prove he only wrote the book to help kids.

The title claims otherwise, and the authors words say otherwise, but maybe you can clear this up for us.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I was going to order a copy of The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure, but amazon has discontinued it's sale.

Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of it?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

I looked this afternoon, and could not find it anywhere. If anyone wants me to, it will take forever because my kindle for pc does not allow me to copy and paste, I will type by hand the sample Amazon gave me, the entire thing.

I did excerpt some of the sample upthread.

I thought about buying the entire book, but I went ahead and judged this book off of the sample, and the authors words in the description and the smoking gun interview, where he admitted he "could have" molested, then turned around and said he never did anything illegal.

For what its worth, the author had another book pulled, the amazon uk site still shows the picture, it was called the gardens of flesh. Now I wondr what that pulitzer prize winning tome contained.

Amazon pulled it for a reason, and I suspect it has to do more with what they discovered in the book than the couple thousand complaints.

Brood I believe has downloaded it, or read it, I am assuming from the way he worded his last post he must have read it to give the answer he did.

I hope he will grace us with some excerpts to prove some of us are unfairly judging the book according to others.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
I was going to order a copy of The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure, but amazon has discontinued it's sale.

Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of it?

Check Ebay in about a few days..will probably pay 2-3 times the retail price

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join