It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronaldREAGAN
reply to post by dneudecker

Can someone solve for x in the following equation below? Based on the results it could support the idea that it is a missile and not a plane. I copies the equation from a site that is taking the position that the object is likely a plane and not a missile. uncinus.wordpress.com...

intersection of (y=r+x*c/d) and (x^2+y^2 = (r+a)^2) where a=29 and d=35 and c=0.05 and r=3963

I changed the values from plane of 6 miles altitude to a missile of 29 miles altitude based upon when space shuttle would lose their solid rocket boosters. also see www.aerospaceweb.org...

The little triangle is Catalina. “d” is the distance to Catalina (d=35 miles). “c” the amount of Catalina that is visible above the horizon (c=0.05 miles, really a bit more, but let’s be conservative). “a” is the altitude of the plane, (a = 6 miles). “r” is the radius of the earth (r=3963 miles).

hey my friend two unknown x,y need more.

y= 3963+x*.05/35

x>2+y>2= (3963+29)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
According to the latest several SIGNAL magazines, they (NATO) are planning to launch more satellites in the coming months than in the space age to date. Pacific dominance is a reoccurring theme as well as "Spectrum Exploitation". The increase of sensors will be both proprietary sats as well as commercial partnerships.

To put it mildly, any electronics that emits anything whatsoever, not just IT equipment, are in this spectrum.
Read the last year of issues and you've got a good picture of where things have been going and will continue to grow.

Might be related, might not be. I think it will be considered a "commercial" satellite launch.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

Good video, so after 24hours they still dont know??
Why dont they post here..Some ATS members seem to know the answer,lol.....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Sorry to disappoint you but I saw it. Part of it, because I was in the mountains, inland from Ventura.
I know what a jet contrail looks like and what size and shape they take in their normal flight paths.
Taking into account the prevailing weather, bitter cold and quite windy, as the sun was going down, there was an intense redness that bathed the area.....more intense than I've ever seen.
Even if the wind and temperature had an effect on the vapor trail, nothing could have produced such a thick, round spiraling trail as what I saw.

THIS WAS NO PLANE !.....and I saw it with my own eyes, at lest the upper portion of it from an inland mountain view towards the coast, at 5pm.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As of note, this is my first post on ATS.

I would have to say the missile launch was more than likely the military or navy testing some new technology. I would say they were trying some deep sea launch. If it was a surface launch there would have been more confirmation from the media on what the launch was or who launched the so called missile. The main thing that fascinates me is the little coverage I've noticed on the incident in question.

link   
More news.

link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Myendica

I didn't know I was posting to "The Gray Area". I just posted under the same category as the previous post about a mysterious missile launch, that one being the one over Phoenix.

Same launch. You heard it here first on ATS!! That thread was long before this hit the news.

news report is full of bs. The luanch was in the states and near or on vandenburg.

link   
I stated earlier about the green flash of light at the nose of this "plane". Did any one else notice it in the footage? If it was a plane, then explain why there would be a green gas like light?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, a couple summers ago my husband and I were camped on the Oregon coast. One night at sunset I was startled to see what I thought was some kinda missile launch among the offshore clouds, my mind racing to think about a sub off the coast, war games. I didn't say anything to my husband, as I was a trifle scared, plus he might think I was crazy.

I kept watching this rocket contrail, it was beautiful, but I got a feeling that this thing was moving kinda slow for a rocket. I got out my scope. Sorta to my disappointment, I saw the far off body of a jetliner, complete with red and white strobes.

Maybe over the ocean contrails can look different. So I slept soundly that night, no missile launches. In truth, my husband knows I'm crazy, but I didn't want to let him know I was a trifle scared out of my wits. But I wanted to say, Phage, that I think you're right.

link   
second missle shot today 5-5:30
www.youtube.com...#!

link   
www.youtube.com... missile or whatever it was (Was not a plane doesn't match the size)
www.youtube.com... From earlier this year a jet contrail.

For plane believers watch this again slowly
i posted this video from a reply from someone earlier.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Heres the first siting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right here on ATS.

Put to rest the illogical "if it was true i wouldve seen it on the news..." argument. You hear it in blogs first nowdays.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I'm certain that this has already been mentioned, but there was a set of corresponding NOTAMs issued from NAS Point Mugu, and Los Angeles ATC, pertaining to weapons range restrictions from Surface to FL390. They explicitly mention a missile launch accompanied by radar intercept tests. The current NOTAM stands at 09 NOV 20:00 2010, to 10 NOV 08:00 2010. I don't know if they had a NOTAM issued at the exact same time as the previously witnessed event, but they could have very easily recycled a NOTAM for another 24 hours.

Someone posted the entire alert earlier, and I responded that the date was off a full day. It was for today. Could it be that a low level individual just made a mistake with the authentic announcement? Or was that a coverup alert just issued today and they still got the date wrong? Such fun!

Or maybe they dont want anyone near that particular area today while the investigate??

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Phage,

I am in agreement with your norway spiral analysis and I can see how you draw your conclusion about this one but I think your wrong.

I was watching fox news tonight and they said the object moved away from the mainland to the NW. That means from the POV of the camera on the helicopter it was moving away. The "contrail" clearly goes to the horizon and yet the object is moving away. That means the contrail has to be coming from the ocean and is not at a level altitude. If it were a jet contrail and moving away the contrail would not meet the horizon from that POV. If Fox News was wrong about its direction that would change things. If it were coming toward the general direction of the helicopter camera then you would expect the contrail to meet the horizon from whence it came. In other words a jet. I hope this is clear enough to understand. Also if it were moving away it would explain the appearance of it traveling slowly. Objects would look slower if the line of sight is similar to the flight path as opposed to line of sight being perpendicular to flight path.

Bottom line: It depends on which way it was moving - Westward? Missle from the ocean. Eastward? Jet
edit on 9-11-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage this is the one we already spoke to..... You have to be kidding as holding this one again as a contrail

Wow , such tenacity

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you're interested, here is a five minute interview on Fox news with Ret Adm Stufflebeem

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
hey my friend two unknown x,y need more.

y= 3963+x*.05/35

x>2+y>2= (3963+29)

Ya, I was pretty good in math, but dropped out at 17. Still, I'm pretty sure this is solvable.

I got x = 10.54 repeating

y= 3963 + 2.75x

then you plug this into the second part of the equation to find x

when you simplify, you end up with:

2.75x = 29

so x = 10.54 repeating

nope, my math is wrong, but I'm still pretty sure you can substitute. Someone else solve this, please
edit on 9-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yeah, I watched that earlier.

Problem is folks, you are not going to be told what is going on.

That is SOP.

You know, kinda like the economy, we have all heard how it is getting better right?

Hey, pay attention to the MSM or the LSM. You will get all kinds of useful sheeple information.

link   

Originally posted by maluminse
Heres the first siting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right here on ATS.

Put to rest the illogical "if it was true i wouldve seen it on the news..." argument. You hear it in blogs first nowdays.

thats not the first sighting thats a SEPERATE rocket and day. Ive said this on this thread and the last one i saw this ones (trail not actual launch) and i simply cont convince myself that the most logical was an airplane.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

link   
This is a joke.
On 9/11 we knew the four planes and the 19 hijackers names before lunchtime..
We should now know every detail about this supposed plane including what the pilot had for lunch.

Whatever we hear now will be just made up to appease the masses.
If it was a missile, be it US or others, we will NEVER be told..

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join