It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The irrationality of Liberals

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Annee
I would not go back to those times if a gun was pointed at my head.

I bet - if they had the chance - that most of the 40 million+ aborted children, since legalised abortion in the USA, would go back to those times, though.

My first pregnancy was a spontaneous abortion.

My 2nd and 3rd produced healthy daughters.

My 4th pregnancy I aborted.

But - - of course - you know more then I do.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is obviously a very charged subject, but may I ask what your thoughts are on the "morning after" pill?

umm... second line?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousstranger
This is obviously a very charged subject, but may I ask what your thoughts are on the "morning after" pill?

umm... second line?

Still murder my friend. Condoms, Birth Control, etc... Does not kill living things so they are 100% fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

umm... second line?

I welcome the morning after pill.

What is it? The morning after pill must be taken within 72 hours?

How many people think "its going to happen to them"? Human nature.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Still murder my friend. Condoms, Birth Control, etc... Does not kill living things so they are 100% fine.

That is YOUR personal belief.

It is not mine - - and it is not the laws.

If you believe it is murder - - then don't do it. But YOU will NOT Dictate to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

umm... second line?

About 3 days after conception: The zygote now consists of 16 cells and is called a 16 cell morula (a.k.a. pre-embryo). It has normally reached the junction of the fallopian tube and the uterus.

The medical definition of the start of pregnancy is about 10 days after conception, when the blastocyst implantats itself in the inner wall of the uterus.

Source

I have a very passionate and caring heart... But this does not, to me, qualify as "murder'

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
About 3 days after conception: The zygote now consists of 16 cells and is called a 16 cell morula (a.k.a. pre-embryo). It has normally reached the junction of the fallopian tube and the uterus.

The medical definition of the start of pregnancy is about 10 days after conception, when the blastocyst implantats itself in the inner wall of the uterus.

I have a very passionate and caring heart... But this does not, to me, qualify as "murder'

~Heff

Since I believe the "energy intelligence/consciousness" is separate from the physical body - - and does not enter the physical body until after physical birth.

What you describe is a parasite on the female's body.

YOU will NOT Dictate to me - - - YOUR belief - - - because I have My Own.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'd kindly ask that you read my comments in this thread as I have been consistently asserting that I will not tell YOU what to do with YOUR body.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'd kindly ask that you read my comments in this thread as I have been consistently asserting that I will not tell YOU what to do with YOUR body.

~Heff

That is good.

EDIT: I have a very passionate and caring heart... But this does not, to me, qualify as "murder'

~Heff

Apologize. Thank you.

I am very passionate about this subject. As a woman of 64 years - - I remember before Women's Lib - - I remember during the Women's Lib movement - - - and I have two daughters. I have had an abortion and one of my daughters has had an abortion - - in addition to two children.

NO ONE - - has the right to interfere or judge personal decisions that were made.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You have misread what I wrote I think... I said that I do not consider it murder.

I said

~Heff
edit on 10/29/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You have misread what I wrote I think... I said that I do not consider it murder.

I said

YES - I did.

And I edited accordingly. Apologize. All is good

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Also whatever happened to the option of adoption? If a mother does not wish to have her child there are plenty of orphanages for these children instead of being murdered in the name of ‘women’s rights’.

How many children have you adopted? We already have a lot of children that do not have a proper home and up bringing. We already do not have enough willing parents to care for the children that are out there.

If you feel that every conceived fetus should be born then maybe you can help out and start adopting some children. I always hear this statement used, that any unwanted children can just be adopted. As if that solves anything.

If you want to advocate a pro-life stance and that any children that cannot be cared for by the parents should be adopted, you need to start helping and adopt a child or two.

You, yourself make your own exceptions. Some people might not agree with your exceptions, so why should other people have to agree with yours?

Abortion is acceptable in the event of a threat to the mother’s and/or babies life or rape, other than that no exceptions.

Life is life, as soon as the sperm enters the egg the life of the child has begun and murdering that child without a rational reason should be cause for the woman and the abortionist to be placed in prison for murder.

Is it up to you to decide what a rational reason is. You first claim that life is life no exceptions but then you go on to make exceptions when there IS a rational reason. Your rational reasons=rape, incest, health/safety of mother. But other people choose to make other "rational reasons", like the potential well being of a child that will not have a proper up bringing because the mother is possibly too young and without a support staff.

You are defining your own acceptable definitions of when abortion is ok, but you want to judge other people on what they define those rational reasons to be.

You do realize that there are people who will consider you a monster because you make exceptions for rape, incest and health/safety of the mother?

edit on 29-10-2010 by iamcamouflage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Liberals (not all Liberals fit into one group mind you) are very irrational in their beliefs on Social issues. Why do Liberals support murderers yet oppose the death penalty?

Women who have an abortion without a threat to the life of themselves or the baby are murderers and are killing an innocent life that never asked to ever be conceived yet when what is classified as a murderer by legal standards kills a person they are opposed to the death penalty for a convicted murderer. What sense does this really make?

Claiming the right to murder is giving women a choice over their body is completely irrational. The freedom to murder is not freedom, it is despicable and abhorrent. Why can’t a mother kill her child when he/she is 2 or 15? What is the difference? Maybe the mother can no longer afford her child or recognizes that having the child was a mistake. She should be allowed to abort it should she not?

Liberals oppose the Death Penalty for serial killers and other murderers on the grounds it is a violation of human rights. Can they not see the absolute hypocrisy of their thoughts?

Abortion = Good, Murder = Bad. Somehow they have missed the part that common sense should tell them, Abortion = Murder, Murder = Bad.

I am not understanding their reasoning here. As soon as a baby is conceived it is alive, how can that even be up for debate?

Obviously you are not a liberal.
You are a conservative.
Conservatives are predators.
They believe others are property to be controlled for THEIR benefit. Others are to be used as slaves and canon fodder. Thus from that point of view it is logical to
believe you can have total control over a woman's body.
Politics is Personality not Rationality.

In ancient Rome 1/3 of all newborns were exposed to die.

edit on 29-10-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, so am I! Talk about unrealistic scenarios! How realistic is this?

Are you asking if it is unrealistic to have a women choose whether she is ready to have a baby before she has sex??? No...it's not unrealistic...many women do it...I'd say the more intelligent women do this. Even if you are pro-choice and have no problems with having an abortion...it is still an invasive medical procedure...so any intelligent women should think about the consequences of having sex.

It's no fantasy. It's happening in China.

When a woman gets pregnant, who do you want to make the choice? Her or the government?

Good thing we aren't in China...lots of bad things are happening in China.

Tell me this...what would make it EASIER for a government to force abortions....having abortions already legal...or having abortion illegal and considered murder???

I've never seen you argue so illogically BH...this scenario is pure fantasy and from my above argument falls apart fairly quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good questions BH. I have noticed, just in this thread, that some would have the gov't dictate to the people, if it served their stance. That's not democracy. That's not even defensible imo.

I find it funny that many people in this thread (not you cause I don't know your stance) are using "government involvement" as a negative and evil thing for an argument to support pro-choice...and in other areas (healthcare, bank regulations, etc.) they support "government involvement".

Which was decided by the SCOTUS back in the 70's. Whether one likes it or not, abortion isn't murder.

I'm sorry...I don't look to the SCOTUS to define what is murder and what is not. I look to them to see what is constitutional and/or legal.

This line of "well teh SCOTUS says so, so it is true" is IMO dangerous...kind of like "Just following orders" line of thinking.
edit on 29-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes - - along with women being given the right to make a Choice - - - we also got the rights to our school and medical records.

Those are not linked in any way.

rights to school and medical records were an equality issue...abortion is soley for the ability to take the easy road if she "chooses" and abandon her responsibilities.

I have had an abortion and one of my daughters has had an abortion - - in addition to two children.

NO ONE - - has the right to interfere or judge personal decisions that were made.

Well that is where you are wrong. I can make a judgement about your personal decisions...I can't have you arrested for them...but I can still make a judgement. I do have that right.

I'll withhold from making my judgement known...because I'm pretty sure it would be against the T&C. It's safe to say it isn't favorable.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You are a conservative.

So you are making this call based on ONE issue???

Talk about ignorance and keeping the left/right division strong.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Pro-Life" Protesters chew out woman getting an abortion of fetus with no kidneys and legs fused together

This baby probably could have lived for a few days in agony. If only abortion were illegal, so that children with fatal developmental deformities could suffer for a few days.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RRokkyy

You are a conservative.

So you are making this call based on ONE issue???

Talk about ignorance and keeping the left/right division strong.

Its not an "issue". Its a way of thinking or personality.
People do not think. They feel.
Twain-90% would rather die than think.
Liberals=altruists
Conservatives=predators
Libertarians=independents

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Annee

Yes - - along with women being given the right to make a Choice - - - we also got the rights to our school and medical records.

Those are not linked in any way.

rights to school and medical records were an equality issue...abortion is soley for the ability to take the easy road if she "chooses" and abandon her responsibilities.

Oh yeah - - - no connection at all. Has nothing to do with Government "owning and controlling" your body and mind - etc.

The rest of your vapid diatribe is not worth my time.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join