It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a piece of something this morning.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just thought about this after making my almost worthless post about the lamps.

But that would be the perfect way to display your find.

Make a small wooden box with a lamp in it. And mount a piece of frosted plastic on top. An old CD case that has been scuffed up with sand paper should fit the bill. Place the rock on top and it should glow nicely. A great addition to any desk. Heck now I want one.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
JESUS! you should have a disclaimer warning for all us Kryptonians! Just looking at a picture of it weakened me!

Must...regain...strength.....

But seriously...I had to post that funny before I read the thread. It looks interesting, off to figure out what it is!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi all

I havent read the whole thread, so I dont know if any other have suggested Moldavit?

www.google.no...:nb-NO
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=a_XKTNbQO5DsOfC9sPoE&sa=X& oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEAQsAQwAw&biw=1116&bih=536

Sat Nam

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whatever it turns out to be its kinda cool and can have many uses. The first thing I'd do is run around as Lex Luther for Halloween!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

No dont die! we need you! Quick someone throw him at the sun to regain powerz!

Nice story op, and what a ncie piece of rock. i read somehwere that it is a rock after lightning strikes. I didnt knwo that was possible but if its is, COOOOL :O

Other than that hope it makes you very rich, and if this thread helped you become rich then you owe us some gems!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey There, I was asking the state your in because if it was New Mexico or Nevada, or (southwest) it could
be the results of Nuclear Testing Grounds. The sand turned to glass in some spots, and it could still be radioactive.
Judging that your from the southeast, I would be inclined to think this is not the case.So, probably no danger.
Any way, do keep your hunting grounds a secret, but just out of curiosity, do let us folks at ATS know what the
test results turn out to be. Either way, it sure is a beauty.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Still no email from UGA. I was hoping I would get an auto reply or something but go figure. I will try to give them a call Monday. I was thinking that the geology department could analyze it. Anybody have suggestions as far as other departments go?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Hey there, you know,,,, if it does turn out to be a precious or semiprecious stone, you may actually NOT want
to let us know. I would respect that. So either way, I would pass it off as glass. Otherwise, your quite peace
of land(and mind) might be over run by a multitude of Yahoo nutter prospectors. .....Regards

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You might try your local jeweler. If they are reputable, they can tell if it's glass as soon as they look at it. O--maybe someone has already mentioned that. If so, sorry. I love gems, and have been around some for quite some time now (sigh). Even if that is "just glass," it's one of the loveliest I've seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Photoshop.

5/10.

You missed the correct shadow and the deep dark line on the bottom. Nice try on the blending on the top though.

Edit: Originally gave ya a 6/10...took a down a notch after looking at it again.
edit on 30-10-2010 by SadisticPope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadisticPope

Photoshop.

5/10.

You missed the correct shadow and the deep dark line on the bottom. Nice try on the blending on the top though.

Edit: Originally gave ya a 6/10...took a down a notch after looking at it again.
edit on 30-10-2010 by SadisticPope because: (no reason given)

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not photoshop.
Edit: Feel free to "analyze" the other pictures as well. That deep dark line is a hinge on the desk. The keyboard tray slides into the desk and then has a piece that folds up that is flush with the front of the desk concealing the keyboard out of site when not in use.
edit on 30-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX
the insulators were mostly considered trash and left where they lay.

Here is a link with some examples.
railrunner42.tripod.com...

...thx for the info... i've got some of those but didnt know they were worth anything...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well I finally got a reply back from UGA. They advised me they would forward it to the right department head. More waiting to come!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have been getting a lot of messages about this and I just wanted to let you folks know that I am still awaiting a reply from the other department. i guess nobody can make a decision so I keep getting shuffled around to different people etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Typical university!!
Keep on them.
We're waiting with bated breath....

Let me know when you get something.
Thanks and 73's,
Tom

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
oooooh...pretty...me want....
You're so lucky. I love rocks and shells and lumps of stuff found in its natural state. I am intrigued and can't wait to find out what you have come across. I hope if its not precious or semi-precious it is none the less interesting in some way!
By the way, have you looked around for anything similar? My garden reveals all manner of strange things after a heavy rain. I even found an old rusty horse shoe once! Also a pewter salt shaker and an old little dish, for rings or pills I think, fully intact, stamped Germany. It pays to dig around in the dirt!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread either so I don't know if its been identified, but I have a chunk that looks exactly the same as yours sitting in my old room in my Mother's house. We had a glass factory in the town I grew up in and the story I was told was, every so often they would go into the big 'chamber' (or whatever the hell it was) where they make glass or do something to it (?) and take a jackhammer to the residual glass that was on the sides of the room.

I obviously don't know jack about these glass factories, and how they clear out these rooms, or chambers, whatever they are....but I have a chunk of glass that looks exactly like that. If you found yours in a field, I'd ask if there was ever a glass plant/factory in the area? I doubt it is naturally occurring.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well here is another uneventful update. I am still waiting for a reply. I called today and left a voice mail on the general line so maybe somebody will call me back. I am not holding my breath. I need to find a different school. Maybe a smaller one will be more responsive.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Call your congressman and tell him that you vote for him every time he is up for re-election. Tell him of your plight. I am sure there are plenty of tax dollars spent at that school.

Ask him to prod them a bit, and you will make sure to support him in his next bid for re-election. You would be surprised how they can help, just with a phone call.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join