It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

go to 4:11 frame by frame. notice the separation of fingers. now try that yourself while holding either an iphone or small notebook at an angle. i think that somewhat proves that there is something being held.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
9. "Lady" is actually a reptillian alien on a scouting mission

Thanks!!

2nd line.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What's more important to me than the time traveller theory, is the fact what it tells us about each
and everyone of us on the forum. We are just a collection of observations and we try to explain
what we perceive on the basis of what we experience.

Sure a time traveller is a ludicrous theory. A more likely culprit is a CGI but then again I'm just a collection
too!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I thought the music would be appropriate....

My first thought was someone suffering from a mental disorder. My uncle makes the same gestures with the cupping of his hand...

I cant tell due to the quality of the film....

As for the cell phone part of this...

no you do not need towers...

When I was younger someone explained cell phones this way... They are ham radios natural evolution... Phone companies developed a way to profit from them..

Remember the cell phones you have are just that evolved ham radios. The dials and ect are handled by the chips inside and the bases of the towers or the boards somewhere operate as the switchboard. The program ids your phone as good or bad (paid bill can use network)

With this in mind, the next few generation dont have to have the encumberance of some of the software required. The main problem would be no areas available to transmit to. You might need a larger device to overcome such a lack of towers and sats. A time traveler would need a base to transmit to.

I hope this next part is marked off and ignored by others. I hope the person listening is the one that needs to be...

I got a flash that perhaps we do have time travelers. I think the person who might build one is a member of this site.

The whole reason for the photo might be inspiration for the budding genius. Might prove to them it works...

Your really not going to get the info you need off mainstream...

just a thought

good find op... fake or not it is interesting

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I think the update is was the funniest no matter how many times I read it I cant help laughing, reptilian alien on a scouting mission, haha classic, that was its bodyguard walking up front thats why they had the same walk>?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Perhaps this has already been mentioned. If so, I'm sorry. I only read the first page. (I'll go back after this post.)

I believe I know what this might be.......

The age of the woman and context gave it almost immediately away for me.

I think it's a hearing-aid!

Internals of the Western Electric No 66B hearing-aid.

In 1903 H E Shreeve was given the job of designing a practical mechanical amplifier. He discarded the microphone and earpiece diaphragms, and replaced them with a simple plunger that was driven by the receiving coil and pressed against the carbon granules of the transmitter.

ELECTROMAGNETIC/CARBON HEARING AIDS.

...a carbon microphone in itself is an amplifier. Until miniature valves became available in the late 1930's, a valve hearing-aid was not very practical. Early valves were rather large (imagine a hearing-aid constructed with octal valves) and battery drain was high for the filaments. There were a few large hearing aids with valves, but the majority of the electrical hearing aids sold between 1900 and 1938 were electromagnetic/carbon.

...the hearing-aid carbon microphone employed a carbon ball technique rather than the carbon dust used in telephone transmitters; these apparently gave more amplification than the carbon dust transmitters, but were never used in telephones.

Source.

edit on 21-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by netron

well thats what i think to, but it still needs confirming for those who think she is not holding something. regardless i was just explaining that untill certain things are eliminated or confirmed, then ever theory is speculation (read the post i was replying to before this one).

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
1) What makes people think she is speaking into a 'device'? Have we zoomed in on said 'device' and proved it was one? No we haven't or we can't. But the term 'device' comes up because the OP video plants the thought in your head that it MUST be a device.

2) Crazy people existed all through time. I've seen people have conversations with fire hydrants and shopping carts.
They are not from the future, they are schizophrenic.

3) She is an old lady (or man in drag for those that insist). Either way, she would be unfit as a "Time Traveler" taking her height, size, obesity, and old age.

4) She appears to be holding something because her finger make s straight line at the knuckles. Why is it assumed it is a "cell phone"? Because again, the OP video puts the thought in your head and people fit the story around the evidence.

5) There is no evidence of anything extraordinary.

6) Music boxes by companies like ROUGE made small wooden and metal music boxes for personal use. Many people bought music boxes with their favorite songs on them frequently.

All that is just a distraction though. She is really David Rockefeller sent by the NWO to have a fun moment on Hollywood Blvd. in front of hundreds of witnesses with a communication device, so we can see it mentioned on YouTube and ATS in 2010.

Rockefeller OWNS you once again. Game over. The world will end in T minus 54232 seconds.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Do the hearing aids not have a seperate box and ear piece?
Why would she have the box and the ear thingie in her hand.
Also why does she appear to be talking into something?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Other early hand held hearing aids.

Hearing aid and music box...most plausible yet.

link   
reply to post by loam

Loam hun great find!!
No proof of anything, but that closer to anything else so far, and it was around then,
Could she afford it? And why is she speaking into it?
we'll never know...

link   
double post

edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
I believe the man in the video is actually wearing a backpack under those clothes...

it is how he is trying to fit in with all that equipment on him..yes , i know..if he was a time traveler weedwhacker

would say he just needs to touch his chest to speak...but.

back in the day, he needed heavy gear so that when he got to his "meeting " place, he would have supplies..

just my .02 cents...

link   

Originally posted by fleabit
What a silly 12 page thread on something ridiculous.

She is using a wireless phone.. although there are no towers, no plans, and probably no one else with one? This is a MOVIE SET. This isn't an accidental capture on film of someone on a phone - every single person in that scene is an actor or an extra. And near the end, you can see her scratching her head as if confused - she looks like she has her hand there because she is confused and lost, and she moves her fingers like she is scratching her head, and there is no phone or anything else there.

Some folks really REALLY want to believe certain things.. wow.

The 3rd Geesh!
This is NOT a movie set! It is the movie premier at Mann's Chinese Theatre! Please pay attention before posting...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by loam

Do the hearing aids not have a seperate box and ear piece?
Why would she have the box and the ear thingie in her hand.
Also why does she appear to be talking into something?

I am pretty sure, as sure as the quick google search I did earlier on these hearing aids can get you, that these early ones had no ear piece...that you had to hold it up to or close to your ear to hear the amplification of the sound.

Not positive on this...but that is what it seems like.

Here are pics I found of early hearing aids...I posted them earlier...I'll post them again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/229e60ee8704.jpg[/atsimg]

Whether it is a hearing aid or not...I am just fascinated how much these look like cell phones. Show these to any kid today...and I bet they try to flip them open to start texting.
edit on 21-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So you hit in the same idea.

I think this one is right.

Certainly more plausible than a time traveler talking on a cell phone!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
if it is some random old hag I think the hearing aid is on top of the list of what is in her hand.

although the guy in front bugs me 2.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Look at around 4:27 and 4:28 she appears to almost close her hand or move her fingers in. Which means it is almost impossible for a phone to be there.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maceov

One thing that I would VERY much like to point out to you, is that you are looking so hard at the lady on the cell phone talking to her interplanetary craft, that you are COMPLETELY missing the gentlemen that just proceeds her. He is NOT human. He looks like a Gray alien, or something to that effect. There are 58 species last I heard, but I think they've found more now.

His face and head are COMPLETELY misshapen. His skin looks very weird, and he has no real ears to speak of, but some bumps or ridges that just kind of stick out slightly VERY FAR BACK on his neck.
=

Yes I mentioned this twice earlier. It's quite strange that almost nobody is noticing or mentioning anything except a few of us.

Anyway I'm replying to page 11, I still need to read past page 11, maybe there is more discussion I'm missing on this.

edit on 21-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

If you reread the post, it clearly states that this was "of the primere" of the movie and was probably shot in front of the theater, not on the set of the movie. And as for your rules of time travel, I would have to agree with you, but as with anything else, there is always the possibility of something accidental happening.

And just to make things a little more interesting, think about this. What was going on in 1928 Los Angeles, that would be of interest to a time traveler, if that's what this person is?

All in all, an interesting post.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join