It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Leader dined at the Pentagon months after 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Anwar Al-Awlaki may be the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list, but he was also a lunch guest of military brass at the Pentagon within months of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, Fox News has learned. Documents exclusively obtained by Fox News, including an FBI interview conducted after the Fort Hood shooting in November 2009, state that Awlaki was taken to the Pentagon as part of the military’s outreach to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the attacks.

Fox News

In reality, this doesn't surprise me at all. It is however, awkward that The Pentagon knew who the main people of Al Qaeda were, but yet the leader gets to dine with the top brass after the events of 9/11? This gets me thinking.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKingpin

Anwar Al-Awlaki may be the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list, but he was also a lunch guest of military brass at the Pentagon within months of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, Fox News has learned. Documents exclusively obtained by Fox News, including an FBI interview conducted after the Fort Hood shooting in November 2009, state that Awlaki was taken to the Pentagon as part of the military’s outreach to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the attacks.

Fox News

In reality, this doesn't surprise me at all. It is however, awkward that The Pentagon knew who the main people of Al Qaeda were, but yet the leader gets to dine with the top brass after the events of 9/11? This gets me thinking.
Sounds like a debriefing to me.Al-Awlaki then becomes the next terror mastermind a few years later...
edit on 023131p://0526 by mike dangerously because: reworked my response.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well he is a American born individual.

And the way the CIA works the DOD did not have access to the information that the CIA did.

All the DOD knew at that time was he was a Muslim religious leader.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ahhh....ok. Obviously it makes more sense that the CIA knew much more than the DOD. Gotta love the CIA..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Anwar al-Awlaki was added to the kill list in April of this year. At the time of his trip to the Pentagon, he was only considered as a Muslim leader....NOT a member of Al Qaeda.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKingpin

Fox News

Documents exclusively obtained by Fox News, including an FBI interview conducted after the Fort Hood shooting in November 2009, state that Awlaki was taken to the Pentagon as part of the military’s outreach to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the attacks.

The incident was flagged by a current Defense Department employee who came forward and told investigators she helped arrange the meeting after she saw Awlaki speak in Alexandria, Va.

The employee "attended this talk and while she arrived late she recalls being impressed by this imam. He condemned Al Qaeda and the terrorist attacks. During his talk he was 'harassed' by members of the audience and suffered it well," reads one document.

Anwar al-Awlaki spoke out against al-Qaeda shortly after 9/11?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
"cough" False flag! "Cough" I can't believe many Americans still believe the official 9/11 story. I wish everyone knew the ugly truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I have no doubt that 9/11 was an inside job.

But what was Anwar al-Awlaki's role back in the 9/11 timeframe? And what is it now?

Did he actually speak out against al-Qaeda back then? Or was that staged?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

You know? This reminds me of a plot from the Saw franchise. What is this? Who is that guy? Did that person survive? If you're familiar with the Saw series then you'll see where I'm coming from.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm not.

What's your point?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Well the Saw series is a franchise of horror movies. Which every movie has a twist that results in a cliff hanger. That will make a squeal more likely.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This Time magazine article dated January 13,2010, "How Dangerous Is the Cleric Anwar al-Awlaki?" makes reference to the same thing:

After 9/11, al-Awlaki swiftly condemned the hijackers. A PBS NewsHour program in October 2001 shows him in a sermon criticizing U.S. foreign policy but arguing that it did not justify killing Americans. On the contrary, he told PBS, "Every nation on the face of the earth has a right to defend itself and to bring the perpetrators to justice."

Maybe he is best described as a CIA-controlled patsy.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Clearly 9/11 was an inside job. The same government that were clever enough to pull it off weren't clever enough to stop someone who was involved popping in for a meal at the pentagon. Clearly the reason he was there was to partake in a debriefing, on U.S soil, the same place he helped the government kill thousands of people.

Are you guys serious?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Yes clearly 9/11 was an inside job.

The question is what role, if any, al-Awlaki, played in it. Was he a knowing operative or a patsy? Or neither.

Have you read the whole thread?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yes surprisingly I have read the whole thread but thank you for being patronising and asking anyway.

You really think the U.S, after such a huge supposed cover-up of them killing thousands of their own people would have him in the country if he was involved and take him to the pentagon where a lot of people would have seen him? People who may well also think the same as you, that the 9/11 attacks were performed by the government.

The more arguments that I read, that are actually supposed to persuade me to, 'see the truth', the more ridiculous this whole conspiracy theory becomes. These sort of threads are not going to make people change their mind and side with you, its desperation.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Oh I get it now - sorry - I missed your original sarcasm. I often do that. Miss sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The Wikipedia article on al-Awlaki says:

In July 2010, a Seattle cartoonist was warned by the FBI of a death threat issued by al-Awlaki in the Al-Qaeda magazine Inspire.[103]

Reference 103 is from CNN dated July 14th, 2010, "FBI warns Seattle cartoonist about threats from radical cleric"

It states:

"She should be taken as a prime target of assassination," terror suspect Anwar al-Awlaki purportedly wrote about cartoonist Molly Norris in an English-language magazine called Inspire that claimed to be a publication of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. . . .

I'm very curious about this "English-language magazine called Inspire that claimed to be a publication of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula."

edit on 11/1/2010 by Mary Rose because: Remove text.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKingpin

The Obvious BIG LIE is not working Anymore Mr. President , we are AWARE of your Game , and in the End it will Destroy you and those who Pull Your Strings......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

Yes surprisingly I have read the whole thread but thank you for being patronising and asking anyway.

You really think the U.S, after such a huge supposed cover-up of them killing thousands of their own people would have him in the country if he was involved and take him to the pentagon where a lot of people would have seen him? People who may well also think the same as you, that the 9/11 attacks were performed by the government.

The more arguments that I read, that are actually supposed to persuade me to, 'see the truth', the more ridiculous this whole conspiracy theory becomes. These sort of threads are not going to make people change their mind and side with you, its desperation.

I guess the thought never occurred to you that those in the Pentagon who invited the third in line to al-Qaeda to dinner were not part of the 9/11 plot and thought he was merely a Moslim community leader?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by jexmo

I guess the thought never occurred to you that those in the Pentagon who invited the third in line to al-Qaeda to dinner were not part of the 9/11 plot and thought he was merely a Moslim community leader?

The above comment was directed to jexmo, not Mary Rose.

Addendum:

I also guess the thought never occurred to you that the fact that this guy was allowed to attend a dinner at the Pentagon, where the dinner list would surely have been vetted by a US government intelligence agency, proves that he was made through this invitation to look as though he was not a CIA agent? If he had been a REAL terrorist (and the CIA would have known that by then), he would never have been invited.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join