It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights, UFO's or Orbs over Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 8th Oct 10

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I was also showing how bright those object are compared with the distance of both craft. You can clearly make out the helicopter in my video even when they are not firing. Even being military helicopters they have the flashing lights on some which you can not see in OP video.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
due to the music and the fact that these tours can be seen all day every day in vegas im gonna call deliberate hoax.

no offence, but thats how i see it.

thanks

rich
edit on 18-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

the old compresion artifact huh
well i have no way of debating compresion artifact effects as that explination can be used for any video that is uploaded to you tube but you must admit one point for me

if the sun was reflecting of multipul sources spaced far enought apart then only one object at a time would be at an incidental angle to reflect sun light to that degree

Coincident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Coincident is a geometric term that pertains to the relationship between two vectors. Vectors consist of a "magnitude" and a "direction". Vectors can be said to be coincident when their direction is the same though the magnitude may be different; that is to say, they lie one on top of the other. If two coincident vectors were to be normalized (shortened or lengthened to be one unit long), the resulting vectors would be identical. The dot product of two coincident vectors is the product of their magnitudes. The cross product of two coincident vectors is a vector of all zeros.
Source en.wikipedia.org...

thanks for the splanation bro

xp

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
due to the music and the fact that these tours can be seen all day every day in vegas im gonna call purposeful hoax.

no offence, but thats how i see it.

thanks

rich

reasoning
because there are helicopters in the sky ufos cant be as well
or the most simple reason is always right?

bad music and choppers do not make this a hoax

thats like saying there are no planes because they may be helicopters

you aret being bright helicopters dont exclude them being planes nor ufos

your to quick to call hoax

xp

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

due to the music and the fact that these tours can be seen all day every day in vegas im gonna call purposeful hoax. no offence, but thats how i see it. thanks rich

RICH-ENGLAND.....

Please note my earlier post.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

you are welcome to your opinion, my reasoning is i think hes put the music over it to cover the sound of the helicopters. las vegas is an extremely busy place, there's probably hundreds of planes and helicopters take that route all day every day, if these were ufos then plenty of people would have seen them and also they would have caused problems with the tours.

this is a hoax.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

if the sun was reflecting of multipul sources spaced far enought apart then only one object at a time would be at an incidental angle to reflect sun light to that degree

I believe if the H/C's are flying directly into the sun (i.e. there is a low angle of incidence of the sun relative to the H/C's), each H/C will be "illuminated" in this manner.

thanks for the splanation bro

Since when aren't you ever very welcome!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I saw at least ten of them fly in some sort of formation south then east to west

so if these things were going in different directions first south then east to west
how was the suns reflecting towards the camera unless they were round or saucer shape?

and pulsating?

xp

if this is a cgi then this guy is GOOD AT IT

xp

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

if the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection then all the choppers would have to form an arch to have each reflection as a sun strike like a parabola to the observer
this means unless the exact right parabola is formed by all the air craft
distence to observer
curvature of the parabola
hight in degrees of sun vs reflecting objects
if each reflective surface was the same there would be a point at which each aircraft would twinkle as the angles coincide with the focal point

but were talking 5-7 objects at different heights and moving

xp

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Im still curious as to where the airport was in relation to the way he was facing. That is one busy airport with them lined up in the air to land. I know there are three main runways at least that I remember all going in same direction for sure if not 4.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

you seem to not be factoring in the moving and zooming digital camera! rotor blades, and navigation lights!

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

you seem to not be factoring in the moving and zooming digital camera! rotor blades, and navigation lights!

thanks

rich

ok example

you are on the side of the road and your looking at cars coming towards you
at some point the angle of the sun reflecting of the windscreen will be equal to your point of observation
ie it would twinkle the suns reflection
it moves on
another car comes along and at the same point in the road the next cars windscreen twinkles

this is bacause the incident angle has an inverse relation to the angle of reflection on a curved surface
and an equal one on a flat surface

now for all these air craft to reflect to the observers position equally
over varying distences and heights

can only be achived by a very precise parabola

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

no, because the camera is always moving and zooming so the observers view is always changing, factor in spinning rotors, flashing navigation lights and digital camera zoom problems and you can get allsorts of strange effects.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

no, because the camera is always moving and zooming so the observers view is always changing, factor in spinning rotors, flashing navigation lights and digital camera zoom problems and you can get allsorts of strange effects.

thanks

rich

Coincident
Coincident is a geometric term that pertains to the relationship between two vectors. Vectors consist of a "magnitude" and a "direction". Vectors can be said to be coincident when their direction is the same though the magnitude may be different; that is to say, they lie one on top of the other. If two coincident vectors were to be normalized (shortened or lengthened to be one unit long), the resulting vectors would be identical. The dot product of two coincident vectors is the product of their magnitudes. The cross product of two coincident vectors is a vector of all zeros.

your explination side steps the point
and is besides the point

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

reply to post by XPLodER

thanks

rich

Coincident

your explination side steps the point
and is besides the point

xploder

eh? not at all! it doesn't have anything to do with what you've now posted in about 3 totally different threads

how does that take into account the imaging problems? it doesn't at all.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok people I'm here to answer a few questions, firstly this is NO hoax, I've had many UFO sightings before but never caught any on camera.

1/At first I thought they were helicopters, I'd estimate I was at least 4 miles away from them, so no noise. It was shot from the 4th floor of The Sahara Hotel of the south side of the strip

2/The lights were pulsating to the naked eye and I could make out a bright white light with a red pulsing up and down red light within it.

3/The wind was coming from the SSW that day, I've checked the data, the lights were coming from the north, so ruling out lanterns.

4/The reason for the music? Nothing of note on the soundtrack, I was on tour with a band The Stuns and thought a track off their album 'lights' would fit nicely

5/I have the raw footage which is obviously less compressed than the youtube clip, much more detail can be seen.
edit on 18-10-2010 by piema1970 because: n/a

6/The Airport was approx 2 miles south (behind) my position, the planes I saw lining up to land came from an entirely different area and position.
edit on 18-10-2010 by piema1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

las vegas to grand canyon helicopter or plane tours?

thanks

rich

Not from that direction (North), the Grand Canyon lies to the East of my position.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
These were shot on auto mode ISO 800 1/30 + 1/25 F4.3 @ 9 megapixels, the camera was a Canon Powershot SX110 IS with 10 X Optical Zoom, a very good piece of consumer kit. The first two are the normal shots the second two are close ups

img256.imageshack.us...

img404.imageshack.us...

img529.imageshack.us...

img156.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

my reasoning is i think hes put the music over it to cover the sound of the helicopters.

And my reasoning is that he put the music over the video to promote the band he's touring with, whose website he links to, and whom he's hoping will benefit from all the hits on the "UFO" video. Which would be very clever.

Sorry for any offense, OP, but I can't help but put these things together, having a conspiratorial mind and all.
edit on 10/18/10 by burdenofdreams because: oopsy daisy

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdenofdreams
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

my reasoning is i think hes put the music over it to cover the sound of the helicopters.

And my reasoning is that he put the music over the video to promote the band he's touring with, whose website he links to, and whom he's hoping will benefit from all the hits on the "UFO" video. Which would be very clever.

Sorry for any offense, OP, but I can't help but put these things together, having a conspiratorial mind and all.
edit on 10/18/10 by burdenofdreams because: oopsy daisy

As we say in England "No # Sherlock" if you knew me as an individual you'd understand. Want great UFO footage from a genuine believer, thats me. Like great music then listen to the soundtrack, just don't diss me for being in the right place at the right time, open your mind, I have.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join