It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama ranked world's most powerful woman (not a joke!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
I am no prize... really... but the first lady, no matter how much she is made up....is just plain UGLY..

That's unnecessary.

While it's true that ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder'', I don't think that Michelle Obama is an unnattractive woman.

Besides, her physical features ( which she has no control over ) are irrelevant to the legitimacy - or not - of her being awarded this title by Forbes magazine.

Unless you think that a woman's worth and importance are defined by their looks.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sorry ladies, but the allege powerful woman in the world title tends to be some random fatuous bint - who holds no really significant power over human life. The fact Oprah was the recent main representative of the powerful "sisterhood" speaks volumes. Really it is a depravity.

I mean, whose next? Paris Hilton?

We might as well pump poison gas into public buildings and start all over again if these polls are the true vox populis.

Urgh. This thread has really pissed me off now.
edit on 7-10-2010 by infinite because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
and how does palin enter this whole thing?

she was a Governor, btw and mayor.

mo was a no show job holder for 250k a year and happens to be married to the potus.

it is just more adulation for the anointed one.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But she does have more power than Michelle Obama.

Really...in what way?

WHY do they? She hasn't done anything .. not really.

I can't speak for the world...but I would say that it is because she is actually a lady...and not some pitbull alaskan whose main goal is to attack (even when the attacks are false). Michelle appears kind, respectful, and intelligent...and when she involves herself insomething...it is for a good cause...not a political rally with signs showing the opponent as Hitler.

Just a guess...but I would say it has to do with that. Elegance vs Trash....Elegance will always win.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
EhhHem.... The Queen.....

Korg.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The word "powerful" must be taken literally.

They mean she is a very strong woman, obviously even as strong as a man.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Man you owe me a new keyboard.....................
Makes sense now though......star for you my friend.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ridiculous!

As far as I know, she as absolutely ZERO power! Are we really to believe that just because she gives up the booty to Obama that she has influence in world politics? If we do believe that, then what does it say about Obama or men in general?

So sleeping with a world leader gives you more power than running a billion dollar corporation, or being the queen, or the prime minister of a country?

I see so many implications from this. If we are to believe this and take it as fact, then don't we have to also believe it in a courtroom when some poor schmuck is pleading his innocence and that he was manipulated by a woman? Don't we also have to admit that Strippers and Hookers have more influence in our cities than our elected officials? Don't we have to admit that sexual harassment and sexual equality is impossible, because all the power lies with the one controlling the booty?

Either this is the most ridiculous ranking every, or it is the most honest and forthcoming ranking ever and it should work to destroy all political correctness in the world!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The word "powerful" must be taken literally.

They mean she is a very strong woman, obviously even as strong as a man.

lololol!!

this trumps all!

she's packin!

dam, sarah only has licensed firearms!~

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You and I have VERY different views on what is trash and what is elegance. Palin isn't the brightest bulb on the planet, but she isn't trash. On the other hand, based on the writings, actions, and words spoken by Michelle Obama, I believe her to be a racist, and therefore trash.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Either way, her only claim to fame and power is who she decided to have sex with?

Surely there are some high-priced hookers giving it up to more powerful men than Obama. Where are they on the list? Who ranks higher Hillary or Monica? I mean Hillary was giving it up for years and probably helped get Slick Willy into the office, but in a matter of a few elicit moments Monica brought the whole thing tumbling down! So, who had more power? It appears a few moments of Monica's time had far more impact than a lifetime of Hillary's?

What about Marilyn Monroe? What about Helen of Sparta? The more I think about it, the more I think maybe these sexy women are the most powerful people in the world?

In order to do next year's ranking, it will be necessary for me to sleep with a number of these "powerful" women to decide who has the most influence. I do it for my country, and in the name of science!
edit on 7-10-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Very Nicely put my friend. Another Star.

Also, I saw some comments about this being a business decision... Well, I think it was a very bad decision then (unless you actually agree with the honor bestowed on the 1st Lady).

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm with Korg.

Only one women in the world has the power to make MULTIPLE countires go into war.

Even the President of the USA can't mobilize as much power as the Queen.

Edit to add:

I would even go so far as to say that Pratibha Patil, president of India, has more power than M. Obama.
1 billion + citizens is a lot to work with.
edit on 7-10-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hillary has more power. Angela Merkel the chancelor of Germany. Sheila Bair - Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.U.S. Billionaire Christy Walton. Bildeberger H.M. Queen Sofia of Spain. Heck, Oprah has more power. She is the one who put the Obama's in the White House. Without her, Michelle would be sitting in Chicago still having to pretend to work for that big salary she got (simply for being the wifeypoo of a senator).

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Absolutely agreed. The Queen of England has no competition when it comes being ranked most powerful. If more people understood just how powerful the Queen is they might actually feel a little frightened by it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Do you mean the 54 soveriegn states that she is currently head of, or that fact that a lot of us WILL follow her commands?

Regards from Canada

Edit to add:

Wholly crapola...current Commonwealth Population Est. 2,107,694,550.
edit on 7-10-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You and I have VERY different views on what is trash and what is elegance. Palin isn't the brightest bulb on the planet, but she isn't trash. On the other hand, based on the writings, actions, and words spoken by Michelle Obama, I believe her to be a racist, and therefore trash.

I don't know...spreading fear mongering rumors kind of equates to trash to me. Stirring up fear and hate kind of sounds like trash to me. Whoring out your children for your own political gain kind of seems like trash to me.

So...I'd love to see sources of these "racist" writings of Michelle Obama. Could you provide some?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There is something to say about the powerful women behind the throne,

She may control, O.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'd love to see sources of these "racist" writings of Michelle Obama. Could you provide some?

Read her college thesis. (if it hasn't been scrubbed from the internet)
She embraced that racist Black Liberation Theology cult in Chicago for 20 years.
Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
Those are a good place to start.

BTW ... how did Palin pimp out her kids?
They went to political events just like everyone else's kids .. Obama's kids included.
Oh .. I disagree that Palins speeches are 'hateful'.
She disagrees with the far left and says why. That's not hateful.

If you want to say she isn't qualified to be POTUS I'd fully agree with ya'. If you want to say that you don't want someone who thinks the world is 6,000 years old in the Oval Office .. I'd agree with you. But I'm not seeing 'trash'.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I see nothing wrong with her thesis at all. She is discussing the issues with dealing with HER own race while attending a college that is mostly white (which in 1985...it was very very white). She never bashes another race...she says that her "blackness" comes before any of her other attributes in the eyes of "whites"...and at that time (and probably for a lot of people still today) is true. That doesn't mean she is calling them racists...it's just that people are still adapting to civil rights and trying to adapt to everyone being equal.

If YOU are going to claim what she wrote is racist...please give me some examples...or don't make that claim.

As far as her church goes...I have no problem with that either. I go to a church where I don't agree with a lot of things the church does....but I dont' go to worship the church...I go to worship god.

And yes...Palin used her children directly...used her pregnant daughter to appeal to pro-lifers...used her handicapped child to appeal to people with children of disabilities...she used her son going into the military to try to appeal to military people. She didn't hide this...she put these things in her speeches with her kids sitting in the audience. Obama's children may have been at some events...small in comparison to the number of event Palin's kids went to...but I never heard him using their mis-fortunes for his gain...which is exactly what Palin did.

If you don't think exploiting your children for your own gain is trashy...that's fine...but I absolutely think it is trashy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join