It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists In WI Assault Citizens With Violence And Extortion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Very good analogy. This should help people understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

That is doubtful.

Mnemeth1's posts are more helpful.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by mnemeth1

Still waiting for a real solution to how you know who is law abiding and who is not as they get to the door.

If I walk into your restaurant with my two small children and wife; carring my sidearm openly on my hip, you can bet I'm not likely to cause a problem.

Consider, however, that if I do so, and you tell me the gun isn't allowed. (If it's posted, I don't shop or give business). I will leave.

It is my right to protect my children, and my wife. If I am not allowed, to do so, it is infringing on my rights.

Oddly enough, some of the worst murder sprees have happened in "gun free zones".

Secondly, if you post "no guns allowed" and have one of your own on site with you under the counter. well. I won't go into how that will work for you legally. I certainly think it's a bit underhanded.

Thirdly, police are not required to prevent crimes, only "clean-up" afterwards. So someoen comes in and starts shooting.. Game over.. people dead, etc.

True enough tho, your business, your right to choose. But be sure to let those of us know what place this is, so we don't mistakenly waltz in for a bite to eat.

Some FOOD for thought.

Be safe.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
americans!!

even the comments here are crazy. and u all sound like it would be totally normal to carry weapons. CRAZY

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well I live in wisconsin and I have to say there's really no point in having a gun in this state because their are absolutely no self defence laws here. So there really isn't a point in carrying a gun even if your on your own property and you shoot to kill the law in wisconsin is basicly if you done the crime you do the time it really doesn't matter who started what here its really who the first one to call the cops is, is the one to get away with what ever they did. Sucks but hey we have a town called sux in wisconsin too.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A lot of comments sound like people are scared of armed citizens. That would be an awfully scary scenario, to have to fear everyone. Because after all, a fist is a weapon too.

Some of your opinions are that people should not go to a restaurant with a gun because it just provokes attention and makes people nervous? Police officers around the country go to restaurants with a gun on their hip everyday.

Guns are not only for police officers! They are for you! You have been fear-mongered by the media into believing that a person with a gun is out to do you harm.

Star and flag for this story, good job!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I strongly suggest that you put a sign
on your front door indicating your wishes.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I had to pass tests,including a shooting test
and pass a police background check before
I got my CCW.Everyone who has a CCW had
to go through the same hoops.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

If a person is going to rob you, your "house rules" aren't going to matter much anyways.

No, my guns will do. The police will do. A room full of complete strangers need not apply. Where did you learn to handle guns that they suggested a crowded room full of strangers is a good place for every gun owner to start shooting?

Now if a person tries to rob you while you have armed customers in the house, I'll bet he doesn't succeed.

Unless it is 2 or more of my customers who now have more guns on my property than me, right?

Nice logic. Try thinking. Tell me where these great robbers are that announce they are robbers before they enter.

edit on 28-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

If I walk into your restaurant with my two small children and wife; carring my sidearm openly on my hip, you can bet I'm not likely to cause a problem.

Sure I can take that bet. Then I can go into the real world where a family of four makes up less than 10% of my clientile. Nice try though.

Consider, however, that if I do so, and you tell me the gun isn't allowed. (If it's posted, I don't shop or give business). I will leave.

If you feel you need to bring your gun to my place as a guest on my property then I am not sure I need you there. That is not the environment I want my children in. They need not be around a room full of complete strangers so in love with their guns they needed to take their gun out for a piece of pie.

It is my right to protect my children, and my wife. If I am not allowed, to do so, it is infringing on my rights.

Uh....no. You do not have the right to bring your gun on my property. You just do not have that right. I am not infringing on anything. If you choose not to patronize, THAT is your right. My point is simply that you do not have the right to carry your gun anywhere you want. That is not guaranteed by the 2nd ammendment. Stop trying to cry victim.

Oddly enough, some of the worst murder sprees have happened in "gun free zones".

Secondly, if you post "no guns allowed" and have one of your own on site with you under the counter. well. I won't go into how that will work for you legally. I certainly think it's a bit underhanded.

Works out just fine but I am not sure why people assume I have not already made it quite clear that you do not bring your guns on my property? Believe me, it has not been an issue thus far.

Thirdly, police are not required to prevent crimes, only "clean-up" afterwards. So someoen comes in and starts shooting.. Game over.. people dead, etc.

I know.
Cops=bad.
Room full of armed complete strangers=good.
Right?
The reality is my guns=good. Everyone else guns=?

Got it?

True enough tho, your business, your right to choose. But be sure to let those of us know what place this is, so we don't mistakenly waltz in for a bite to eat.

Trust me, you will not make that mistake.

Please take your food for thought and throw it in the pile of stories about how dangerous autmobiles are, OK! See if you can scare people into open carrying their SUV because when you don't have a car, everyone else with a car is going to kill you!

edit on 28-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Have you ever taken in consideration that
"your" restaurant may not be the only place
to eat out? I don't know where your place is
and I don't really care.I see a "no gun" sign
I just go somewhere else.There is always a
burger joint on every corner.
About 90% of the time,I don't carry.When I am
traveling by myself I do.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Have you ever taken in consideration that
"your" restaurant may not be the only place
to eat out?

What are you talking about? What kind of idiot would own a business and not be aware of competition. What? There are other places that serve food???? The heck you say.
When did I ever even hint that anyone had to come to my place. Want to carry your gun around, please go to Burger King. I will not miss you. If I have to choose between your couple of bucks and not having every person who has a gun bring one in my face, you can keep your money. I have no idea what you are even getting at. You make it sound like I demand people only patronize me or something. I never said anything to even hint I was not aware that people had a choice.

The fact is, people are trying to say the 2nd ammendment gives them the right to bring their gun anywhere they want to. No, it does not. Case closed. What are you trying to argue still? What does the above statement by you even address? So confused.

I don't know where your place is
and I don't really care.I see a "no gun" sign
I just go somewhere else.There is always a
burger joint on every corner.
About 90% of the time,I don't carry.When I am
traveling by myself I do.

Good for you. The last time I checked, your rights stopped where mine began. You eat and carry whereever you want and legally can. I will do the same. Can you please explain to me where the constitution gives you the right to decide how I use my rights?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

YOU keep going on and on and on....
about your property,your business
and your rights.
I am telling you that I don't care!
You want to enforce your rights about
having no guns on YOUR property,then
post a sign on your door.If I am packing
and I see a "no gun" sign on the door,then
I go somewhere else!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is bad, it will cause other good citizens to think twice before carrying out their second ammendment rights. That is what will make the difference between a complete take over in this country when the bottom falls out of the dollar and anarchy hits the streets whether from citizens or cops who over step their bounds.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

YOU keep going on and on and on....
about your property,your business
and your rights.
I am telling you that I don't care!
You want to enforce your rights about
having no guns on YOUR property,then
post a sign on your door.If I am packing
and I see a "no gun" sign on the door,then
I go somewhere else!

You keep going on and on about your second ammendment rights.

I DO NOT CARE.

You do NOT have the right to carry your gun anywhere you want. You DO have the right to go to whatever restaraunt you choose.

You need to put a front door on your house.

If you want to go somewhere else, please do. See how I am not trying to push my rights onto you but you seem to believe you have the right to push yours onto me? Private property is private property and the moment gun-owners feel they do not need to respect that right, they need to lose their guns.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is impossible to be rational with irrational people.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I keep telling you...
GET A SIGN ON YOUR DOOR!
Unless you serve alcohol, I can carry
in your business.I don't open carry,I
have a conceal carry.My gun is in my
purse and I'm also a grandmother.
Are you going to search everyone for
a gun,or would it be easier to get a sign?

I think you should have a talk with your
business attorney.Since you seem determined
to undermine the rights of others,make sure you don't
undermine your own.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I keep telling you...
GET A SIGN ON YOUR DOOR!

I am telling you
PUT A FRONT DOOR ON YOUR HOUSE!

Unless you serve alcohol, I can carry
in your business.

No, you cannot. I have asked you to show me where the right to bear trumps my private property rights.

I don't open carry,I
have a conceal carry.My gun is in my
purse and I'm also a grandmother.

I have two cats. They like to look out the back door during the day. Sometimes I drink wildberry tea. I need new slippers.

Are you going to search everyone for
a gun,or would it be easier to get a sign?

Keep assuming things, that is getting you somewhere aint it?

I think you should have a talk with your
business attorney.Since you seem determined
to undermine the rights of others,make sure you don't
undermine your own.

Undermine the rights of others? Are you insane? No one has the right to bring a gun onto my property if I do not want them to. That is NOT A RIGHT.

You act like I am forcing people to come to my restaraunt. People have the right to NOT COME. I have no problem with that. Why do you need to pretend I am doing anything to anyone? I am carrying out my rights on my property, as you can do with yours.

Please explain to me why you believe you have any rights on my property that go against my wishes??????

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It is impossible to be rational with irrational people.

Tell me all about it.

In Wisconsin, there are no regulations pertaining to the open carry of firearms. As long as you are on public land or the property owner you are visiting approves of your being openly armed, you are free to open carry a firearm.

Yet somehow I am wrong for not approving of that on my property?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I suggest reading Arguing with Idiots.

It is rather enlightening. I see you brought a couple out.

Here is the thing Idiots-

I have the right to carry anywhere that is public. If you prefer I do not go to your place of business, which is private, that is YOUR RIGHT. I also have the RIGHT to not go to your place of business. Being that Wisconsin is an open carry state and we here exercise our rights, it tends to be one of the lowest crime states in the nation. Except of course where the progressively idiotic tend to congregate. One of those places being Madison. That is why the president always goes there.

Also have to add that thanks to the Police breaking the law and infringing on those 5 people's rights, you will have to pay for the lawsuit. I hope they move the case to my area, I am thinking about 28.2 Trillion dollars. Hell, they can just print up the money right?

OP, I have called the Madison Police department and they said a public relations officer is going to call me back tomorrow. Told them I was writing a small article on this and wanted there input. We will see if they actually say anything. I am sure we will get the standard answer though, since there is a pending case, we cannot comment.

By the way folks, if you are not a Democrat weenie that thinks you have rights given to you by your government, you can give your support to those 5 gentleman by joining your areas Right to Carry organizations.

I am actually a member of the organization that is helping with the lawsuit being filed.

If you would like to check out the organization, it is called Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Exercise your rights, or lose them.

edit on 28-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join