It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists In WI Assault Citizens With Violence And Extortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Your right to carry a gun stops at the front door of my restaraunt.

Tell that to the next guy that robs your restaurant at gun point.

I find that most violent criminals have a deep respect for gun laws and private property rights.

I have guns. I know how to use them. I do not need some average shmo coming in to my private property in the hopes of saving me in a gun fight. I know that I know how to shoot. I do not get to check the skill and care taken by everyone that enters my restaraunt. If someone wants to hold me up with a gun, he will get the same treatment as someone who wants to eat with his gun. He can take it back outside or see if he is faster than me. You leave your guns in the car, mmmk.

Besides, my potential of being held up does not do anything to change the constitution and I am a little sick of people pretending their right to have a gun trumps my right to do with my private property as I wish. You do NOT have the right to bear arms on MY PROPERTY. Sorry. Cannot pick and choose which rights to honor.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have guns. I know how to use them. I do not need some average shmo coming in to my private property in the hopes of saving me in a gun fight.

Exactly.

What happens when one of these would-be heroes accidentally shoots a customer while getting into a gunfight over a robbery?

Some guy with a gun trying to play hero can make a bad situation absolutely horrific.

I'd leave that sort of thing to the police, not some stranger that just sat down to order a pie that I know absolutely nothing about, other than the fact that they have a gun.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Excellent.

Eventually you'll learn that other law abiding citizens are not the threat and that you are safer having them around.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Excellent.

Eventually you'll learn that other law abiding citizens are not the threat and that you are safer having them around.

How am I supposed to know which customers that open carry are law abiding citizens and which are not? You know criminals eat out too, right?

If you can explain to me how I determine who comes in with a gun with only good intentions, you might turn me all around.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Easy.

If they aren't pointing a gun at you demanding your property, they are the good guys that are sane and will help defend you if necessary.

Criminals will either carry concealed because they have a felony record or they will be pointing the gun at you.

Concealed carry requires a permit because in a free society, only criminals need to conceal the fact that they are armed.

edit on 28-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
To prove my point.

The safest place to shop in America is a gun store.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

You don't need a license to open carry.

this......

now to add more so as to avoid getting kicked in the gullet! if open carrying doesnt require permission, then these 5 were in their right to EAT. even if it is while armed.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No offense but that is the lamest blowoff answer I have ever read on ATS.

Face it. You thought I was some anti-gun liberal you could bully. NOPE.

Just do not lie. You do not have the right to carry your gun on my private property. Stop trying to argue or justify. It is the truth, just deal with it. The only person that I trust with a gun is me. The only person that needs to protect my money, is me.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Your right to carry a gun stops at the front door of my restaraunt.

Tell that to the next guy that robs your restaurant at gun point.

I find that most violent criminals have a deep respect for gun laws and private property rights.

I have guns. I know how to use them. I do not need some average shmo coming in to my private property in the hopes of saving me in a gun fight. I know that I know how to shoot. I do not get to check the skill and care taken by everyone that enters my restaraunt. If someone wants to hold me up with a gun, he will get the same treatment as someone who wants to eat with his gun. He can take it back outside or see if he is faster than me. You leave your guns in the car, mmmk.

Besides, my potential of being held up does not do anything to change the constitution and I am a little sick of people pretending their right to have a gun trumps my right to do with my private property as I wish. You do NOT have the right to bear arms on MY PROPERTY. Sorry. Cannot pick and choose which rights to honor.

and as you in the role of the restaurant owner, you would be in your right to not allow armed persons in your establishment, and they, under charge of trespassing or worse, are obliged to obey, but you also would have to post a sign at most, and verbally inform them of your wishes since they are on your property. so it's common courtesy on both sides i guess...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Yup!
If I shoot someone, I will be going to court to prove it was justified no matter what happens and I trust me. I have no need for strangers with guns to get involved as well. Best situation is to let the cops handle robbers and have no one get shot but if I really need a gun, I have one.

I think it is great that people on this board just assume anyone that owns a gun knows how to use it and can shoot straight but I do not share that same faith. Just a few moments on a gun range will teach anyone that.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

I was specifically responding to the claim that the 2nd ammendment gives you the right to take your gun anywhere you want to.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I didn't assume anything other than the fact you want to keep law abiding citizens out of your restaurant because they chose to arm themselves in the same manner the police do.

In my OP, I'm clear its your right as a property owner to set your own rules.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Still waiting for a real solution to how you know who is law abiding and who is not as they get to the door.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Still waiting for a real solution to how you know who is law abiding and who is not as they get to the door.

In America, felons can not own or carry guns.

If a person is openly armed, you can be sure they aren't a felon.

If a felon enters your restaurant armed, you'll never know unless he pulls the gun out of his pants.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

So people are born felons?

Only felons commit robberies?

Don't you have a thread about what an idiot Enstein is to maintain? If you are not even going to try, stop wasting my time.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

So people are born felons?

Only felons commit robberies?

Don't you have a thread about what an idiot Enstein is to maintain? If you are not even going to try, stop wasting my time.

You asked:

" how you know who is law abiding and who is not as they get to the door. "

So I told you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

No you didn't.

You only talked about previously convicted felons. Hardly covers all criminals.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

No you didn't.

You only talked about previously convicted felons. Hardly covers all criminals.

If a person is going to rob you, your "house rules" aren't going to matter much anyways.

Now if a person tries to rob you while you have armed customers in the house, I'll bet he doesn't succeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

reply to post by ahmonrarh

I was specifically responding to the claim that the 2nd ammendment gives you the right to take your gun anywhere you want to.
eyah, i know, and i was agreeing with you, and that's where some people go wrong in their assumption with 2a. but it's a wrong assumption, like a smoker thinking that because they have a personal right to smoke in their own house if they choose, then they can do it in anyones house, which, if the other person doesn't mind, is right.....but if they do not like smoking, the smoker is wrong. common courtesy. respect other peoples rights, like we want our own rights respected. i think respect has failed alot of people in this day and age and that's what has bred alot of problems.

edit on 28-9-2010 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Dance around an issue long enough and eventually the truth will out itself...

I personally think we should ban democrats.

I disagree but still brave of you to say what you feel.
Many others feel the same way but are too PC to say it.

Bottom line is we can't do that... so let's move on to the part where we cooperate and get something done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join