It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism of the US Justice System...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

Thank you for your kind and generous words... i am glad that you viewed my opinion for what it was... just a little constructive criticism. On the whole, i agree with your sentiment.

Why is it that whenever someone tries to discuss issues of Racism towards black people you get the outcries of the hard done by white man... screams of affirmative action injustice etc...
A man who cries because his neighbour has been given advantage in the job market for the last 20 years... when that neighbour has been kidnapped, beaten, raped, starved, shot, spat at for the last 400 years... somehow seems a little silly.

Dont get me wrong... I personally do not agree with affirmative action. I think it is unfair and divisionary... however, get some perspective people!!

jambatrumpet, you may like another thread i started...

The pain of the middle classes

edit on 25-9-2010 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
ARE THE METH AMPHETAMINE LAWS RACIST OR JUST THE CRACK LAWS ?

Answer the question and stop screaming 'racism'.

Peddling lies to excuse criminality is pathetic.

www.city-journal.org...

The media love to target the federal crack penalties because crack defendants are likely to be black. In 2006, 81 percent of federal crack defendants were black, while only 27 percent of federal powder-coc aine defendants were. Since federal crack rules are more severe than those for powder, and crack offenders are disproportionately black, those rules must explain why so many blacks are in prison, the conventional wisdom holds.

But consider the actual number of crack sellers sentenced in federal court each year. In 2006, 5,619 were tried federally, 4,495 of them black. From 1996 to 2000, the federal courts sentenced more powder traffickers (23,743) than crack traffickers (23,121). It’s going to take a lot more than 5,000 or so crack defendants a year to account for the 562,000 black prisoners in state and federal facilities at the end of 2006—or the 858,000 black prisoners in custody overall, if one includes the population of county and city jails. Nor do crack/powder disparities at the state level explain black incarceration rates: only 13 states distinguish between crack and powder sentences, and they employ much smaller sentence differentials.

The press almost never mentions the federal methamphetamine-trafficking penalties, which are identical to those for crack: five grams of meth net you a mandatory minimum five-year sentence. In 2006, the 5,391 sentenced federal meth defendants (nearly as many as the crack defendants) were 54 percent white, 39 percent Hispanic, and 2 percent black. But no one calls the federal meth laws anti-Hispanic or anti-white.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thors Hammer
Oh and does anyone want to talk about the disproportionate rapes of white prisoners in US prisons by black males as a feature of racism ?

Nah, thought not.

You are right... not a pleasant subject...

Quick Google search seems to back up your statement...

According to Scott Anderson's article, Rape in Prison www.loompanics.com...
13% involved white inmates raping white inmates
29% involved black inmates raping black inmates.
56% involved black inmates raping white inmates.

"This comes to a grand total of 85% of prison rapes being committed by blacks, with 69% of the victims being white. The rapes of white inmates are normally done by gangs of blacks and somewhat in the open so that other inmates, but not staff, can witness the attacks. The blacks involved are generally in the joint for crimes such as armed robbery or severe assault cases.
One of the reasons for this situation is that whites lack solidarity while in prison and unlike the population on the outside, are the minority on the inside."

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thors Hammer

A quick check with snopes shows that Rush was lying through his teeth. Which shouldn't surprise anyone considering he called for the death penalty for drug abusers and turns out he's an addict.

As far as prison rape is concerned prison is a whole different world from the outside. Rape happens to put people in their place. It truly comes from a place of violence as opposed to homosexuality. It also is a rare occurrence because there is plenty of gays in the system that make their rounds.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So Rush, a well respected black writer and Heather MacDonald a well respected syndicated writer are both wrong, but you - an internet sock puppet - are correct.

Yeah right.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

So you are an apologist for the racist rapes of whites in prison - is that correct ?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

So Rush, a well respected black writer and Heather MacDonald a well respected syndicated writer are both wrong, but you - an internet sock puppet - are correct.

Yeah right.

OH! You are trolling! Well played, sir! I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Rush a well respected black writer... LOL, you gave yourself away with that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

So you are an apologist for the racist rapes of whites in prison - is that correct ?

Incorrect.

The fact that it takes place shows racism in society is alive and well.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
And you are ?

Yep, a nobody who attacks a well respected writer whilst making false statements about racism that I have demolished with just a minimal amount of internet research.

So you are either ;

1) an idiot

2) a marxist liar

so which is it ?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Have you ever considered that perhaps white racism in society is due to black anti-white racism in the prison system.

Have you ever thought of that ?

That perhaps the experience of being raped by racist black males in the prison system creates white racists who are then racist in society ?

That white racism begins in prisons where whites are raped by blacks.

Nah, as the only racism that matters to you marxists is white racism, and all forms of black racism such as the rape of white males, is meaningless.

That is because you are a racist.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thors Hammer

Nice false dichotomy you got there.

You haven't destroyed anything seeing as how I can still make arguments for institutionalized racism that you are unable to address and therefore having to resort to strawmen and ad homs.

An appeal to your authority doesn't address the instances of institutionalized racism or the fact that white privilege skews the perspective of white America when attempting to address racial issues in this country.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That white racism begins in prisons where whites are raped by blacks.

Could be, the position is still ignorant.

Nah, as the only racism that matters to you marxists is white racism, and all forms of black racism such as the rape of white males, is meaningless.

For the record I'm even worse than a Marxist. I'm an anarcho-communist. And no, as long as white privilege exists I won't shed a tear for some hardships that white people have to endure due to the forced importation of people of color.

That is because you are a racist.

Another ad hom! You can tell yourself whatever you have to so you can sleep at night, doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

edit on 25-9-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I liked the OPost better when I read it here:

www.gather.com...

Plagiarism is fun!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nice false dichotomy you got there.

You haven't destroyed anything seeing as how I can still make arguments for institutionalized racism that you are unable to address and therefore having to resort to strawmen and ad homs.

An appeal to your authority doesn't address the instances of institutionalized racism or the fact that white privilege skews the perspective of white America when attempting to address racial issues in this country.

1) So you lose the debate on the issue of 'the prison system is racist' as I gave you the information that proves this is just a Marxist lie, and so you then move to a new debate on the issue of 'Institutional Racism'.

Thanks for confirming you lost that debate.

2) I love the idea of the US being institutionally racist with a BLACK PRESIDENT in the Whitehouse.

Oh yeah the US is soooo institutionally racist with its black president, its endless state funded affirmative action programmes, positive discrimination schemes and other 'freebies' for blacks and ethnic minorities.

The US is institutionally racist, but against just one group that being WHITES.

3) The idea that any 'white privilege' exists in America is just another Marxist lie.

The whole thesis of 'white privilege' is pure Marxist lies peddled to the media and believed by witless idiots.

The fact that there are millions of poor, unemployed, impoverished, homeless white Americans proves the lie of white privilege is just that - a lie.

Black Privilege exists in the form of institutional racism against whites, who are denied equal opportunities and the right to live in a meritocracy due to political correctness.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
For the record I'm even worse than a Marxist. I'm an anarcho-communist. And no, as long as white privilege exists I won't shed a tear for some hardships that white people have to endure due to the forced importation of people of color.

Lets hope you go to prison and experience such treatment then.

Then I am sure you will dump the pathetic political posturing and become a human being again.

Rape does that to teenage muppets that think posturing as an anti-white political extremist is 'cool' or trendy.

Grow up you moron.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

LOL you should have finished stealing! You missed the next sentence:

A study by the Justice Policy Institute shows that, although blacks and whites possess and sell illegal drugs at about the same rate, blacks are ten times as likely to be sent to jail on drug charges (Justice Policy Institute, Reuters). This is not necessarily because of racism, but may be due to the kinds of neighborhoods police patrol (Orlando Sentinel)...

www.gather.com...

edit on 9/25/2010 by adigregorio because: To add bolding

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The 2008 murder statistics show that 51.4% of murders where the race of the perpetrator is known, are committed by black people.

With that in mind, then the 42.5% figure of black people that are sentenced to death, doesn't look out of place.

The question of whether the death penalty is applied unfairly based on race was actually used as an example of some of the trickiness of statistics in a sociology class I took in college that I thought was particularly interesting.

Now, I was in college a long time ago so the situation may well have changed, but I think it's still worth thinking about in a discussion like this.

Basically, the point was that people looking at what you've looked at -- the ratio of convicted murderers sentenced to death vs. all convicted murderers -- didn't seem to show bias. Where it got really interesting was that when you looked at the race of the person killed, people who killed white people were much more likely to get the death penalty than people who killed black people, and blacks who killed whites had the highest death penalty rate.

Now like I said, this was a while ago, and the studies we read on the topic weren't brand new even then, so I'm not sure how out of date this is (at least 20-30 years). But it was a really useful example to me of how tricky the issue of race in the criminal justice system is, and how factors that you might not think to take into account when trying to measure racism in the system can skew the results.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

I liked the OPost better when I read it here:

www.gather.com...

Plagiarism is fun!

No, I read it here (Lifetime Likelihood of Going to State or Federal Prison. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1997.) as i posted originally.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
U.S. Government official crime figures to show that 37,460 White women and girls were raped by Black men in the United States in 2005.

In the same period there were ZERO rapes of black women by white males.

The death penalty statistics relate to the nature of the crime, not the race of the criminal.

The more vile and disgusting the crime, the more likely it is to attract the death penalty.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Fair enough, though you still missed the next sentence:

...This is not necessarily because of racism, but may be due to the kinds of neighborhoods police patrol...

Just sayin'

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join