It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katy Perry's breasts get Sesame Street ban...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Her boobs? Really, her voice is the crime and that's what should get her kicked off TV.

And that is a seriously tacky outfit.

Lug

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
John Calvin should be proud of his overall effect on Gothic America.
The polimics involved never cease being critical of the female form while glorifying the male as superior.

Maybe Sesame Street ought to go all out 'C street' and enforce the burqa.

:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

He'd be telling you it's always 4:20

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
whoa whoa whoaa hold the phone.

if ice-T were never on seseme street, how would i have ever learned what time it was?

Coffee just came out my nose!

ATS Gold!

IRM

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I don't support using your body to get what you want, though I am guilty of it.

its not the sexuality you desire, its the outcome of displaying it.

the sexuality is desired by the one your displaying it to.

this isnt rocket science.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i heard that her vagina was banned from dora the explorer
when i was a kid shows appeared more wholesome
but in reality 90s cartoons and kid shows were brainwashing tools

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lug

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by Xiamara

woman are treated like sexual objects because they desire to be treated as such.

And men aren't treated like sexual objects and desire to be treated as such by women?

Love the double standards thing.

[most] Men do not desire such things and then pretend to hate it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Seems the vid has been taken down. I didn't see it but if it was just clevage young Mothers show that all the time so I am sure the kids are aware - surely it couldn't be any worse than Hanna Montana - yep the age of innocence is gone!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

yeah shows like hannah montana teach little girls to be hoes.
when i was young girls dressed like little kids are supposed to..
but now they run around looking trashy and the parents don't seem to care...
where are the partents?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
reply to post by Curiousisall

Give me a break. It has nothing to do with kids seeing women have breasts, it's no secret. 'I've breast fed in front of my children so it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with very young children being subjected to 1)inappropriate material on a childrens show and

Such as? What is not appropriate if not her breasts?

2)disrespect for women.

In what way? By letting her wear what she wants to?

The guests on the show should set good examples for kids. You should question what exactly are your children learning when watching this? Let em watch VH1 or MTV if you care too but Sesame Street shouldnt even consider airing this nonsense.

What are you talking about? What did you see that was so offensive? I see a typical Sesame Street skit that happens to have breasts in it. Please enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That's why I will raise my kids to become dorks.Dorkyness can last all the way to adulthood. Geek girls are no hoes.
By that time, they will be able to either drop the dorkyness or make a lot of money with the internets. Heck, they could even create a website about conspiracy!

I kid, I kid.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Ya I totally want to get groped and felt up and harassed at work. I shut up and stay silent because guess what I say something I don`t get that raise or that job anymore...

While you go on about respect for women and not wanting to get treated like sex objects, your avatar dressed like a streetwalker is a little distracting from your point.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

While you go on about respect for women and not wanting to get treated like sex objects, your avatar dressed like a streetwalker is a little distracting from your point.

Touché!
2nd line

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I agree with the OP and that this should have been pulled.

It's not that it's extremely racy or inappropriate, it's that when watching something like Sesame Street you expect an innocent "feel" to the show. Perry's look is not that and doesn't match what I'd expect my 2 year old to be seeing on that show. It's not about prudish - it's about expectation and continuity.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

The vid linked by a fellow member on page 1 didn't work for me so here is one that did...

Personal Disclosure: I'd vote this to be on seasme street... say with the Count!
[+thunder and lightning!]

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
well to be fair, some of those kids haven't been off the breast milk very long anyway.

shouldn't be too unfamiliar a site to see i would think....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I can see where you are coming from and I guess I cannot totally disagree. It is just that she looks like a typical princess to me. She does not look any more exposed than anyone at the beach or say Ariel the mermaid. I cannot believe that the average Sesame Street audience would be thinking about her breasts at all. I know my kids have seen more cleavage than that without wincing.

Here is my concern. This could have aired without any issue at all. Now when some kid at school starts talking about it and my kids ask me what is going on, I then have to explain why seeing cleavage would be bad. Then the demonizing of the naked body begins with an uncomfortable conversation I do not feel I should have to have. I would just really rather my kids see a naked woman.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: taking out a d

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The avatar is actually a represenation of a character from a book series, Simi, from the Dark Hunter series known as Xiamara. Its a long story behind it... And you get it if you Read that book series has nothing to do with sexualization. Its the Simi shes my fave character from this series, and there are few pictures of her...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

The avatar is actually a represenation of a character from a book series, Simi, from the Dark Hunter series known as Xiamara. Its a long story behind it... And you get it if you Read that book series has nothing to do with sexualization. Its the Simi shes my fave character from this series, and there are few pictures of her...

Ah, so it is not about the way you look, but about the message you carry? So, according to that logic, who cares about how Kate Perry dresses herself? Let's just discuss the message she was giving to kids on the show. Was the message ok? What was she talking about?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm confused.

Bert and Ernie can be "room mates" and Miss Piggy can lust after Kermit but Katy Perry can't sing a catchy tune in a tacky Barbie dress?

As a mom I would have selected a different outfit for her to wear but I doubt the kiddies were looking at her cleavage, they were watching Elmo.

At least she didn't kiss a girl.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join