It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling poor is more common than ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
reply to post by mnemeth1

You are so right.

The only way to turn this around is to go back to what worked and TPTB are blocking that path.

Future looks very bleak for this nation,

But to leave on a positive note it is always darkest before the dawn. And the way I see it it is real dark right now, maybe the dawn is coming.

Dawn will come after the market fixes this looting by destroying the currency system.

Once the dollar is destroyed we can get back to using real money once again.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Thank you for sharing your story and you are right it is always darkest before dawn.
I identified with most of the players in it like the the restaurant owner, the fired cook, the student, the counselor, the janitor, the foreclosed neighbors and the lanky teen. It seems there is many of each of them in my state of Michigan, specifically in the Greater Detroit areas and when I was in Florida this past July I came across even more.

America is slowly going to hell in a hand-basket and these damn politicians will not do a thing about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

While I agree with you about FDR and his policies prolonging the Great Depression, but I think something else is afoot here. Americans have fallen into the "credit habit." Our gov't isn't the only one guilty of overspending. If we set realistic limits on how much debt we could bear, we wouldn't have so much trouble.
For example, the article talked about the cook who was fired. People can't eat out if they are running paycheck to paycheck with many debts. The owner may have over extended himself for items he should have saved to purchase. I don't think $18/hr is a bad wage.
I work in a school. Most of the kids bring phones with internet, games and mp3s to school. (Some of these kids get free and reduced lunches.) They have expensive tennis shoes and no regard for their belongings. That was not the case during the Great Depression. What people had was precious to them. We do need to change the economy, spending our way out of debt won't work nationally of individually, but neither the gov't nor the general population like the idea of doing with less or doing without.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by frimilden

i think your missing something seriously important.

private business has built this country and ask youself what the government has ever done or created but debt or entitlements.

there are examples of this throught out history its wasnt the federal government who laid the rail tracks so that the east coast would meet the west coast- it was someone who saw a need and said i bet i can make money doing it and so it came to fruition.

it has been that individual who saw a need and thought you could make money doing that built this country.

fdr is remembered a great man in our history but he was the root cause of the majority of its problems then.

while you may think " great projects" were a supposedly savior of a dying country it was just another tool to enlsave people.

the great insterstate highways that supposedly was to make it easier to get from on part of the country to the other had alterior motives- they were created so that us military could move more freely and faster to any part and move weapons systems and missles to any location at a moments notice.

fdr did nothing for the "betterman" of americans but thats what it was disguised as.

the only thing that will save this country is more people who see a need and fill it and to get the government the hell out of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join