It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing makes me cry, this did..and still does.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
To all the loved ones from the horrific events of that day..I,m a 47yr old 6ft uk male..this video hurts....
gone but allways in our hearts, and allways never forgotton..all i can say is..Why..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It makes me angry

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

this video hurts

reply to post by Bluesquid

It makes me angry

I apologize for asking, but...why?

This is a serious question. Why does it hurt? I mean...if somebody blew up the statue of liberty, there would history lost. There would be a symbolism of freedom under attack. I can understand an emotional attachment to the idea of freedom, so an attack on a symbol of freedom might be significant. But so far as I know the towers weren't associated with anything emotionally charged. They weren't built as a memorial or testament to anything.

They were basically a couple of office buildings.

Why was their destruction an emotional event?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes it was a terrible terrorist attack, but imo it is hugely overshadowed by the response which was far more brutal and evil than the 9/11 attacks, has claimed over a million lives and is still claiming even more innocent civilians 9 years later....so yes, sad day for America but right now my concern and sympathy is for the innocent people that are still being maimed and killed today as a result of the massive overreaction to the attacks fueled by the publics irrational and frenzied lust for blood...which was easily used by those in power to further their own goals.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

The loss of life was horrific for sure and on that alone the towers' destruction became an evil act but the destruction of symbols of the oppressiveness, greed and inequality of corpratism and banksterism should surely be met with rejoice and jubilation.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
I apologize for asking, but...why?

Because some human beings get upset and angered by people mindlessly killing other human beings... an alien concept to some I'm sure.

This is a serious question. Why does it hurt? I mean...if somebody blew up the statue of liberty, there would history lost. There would be a symbolism of freedom under attack. I can understand an emotional attachment to the idea of freedom, so an attack on a symbol of freedom might be significant. But so far as I know the towers weren't associated with anything emotionally charged. They weren't built as a memorial or testament to anything.

The buildings have nothing to do with it.... it's what those buildings contain, like 3000+ innocent people, minding their own business and going about their day.

Then they were dead.

They were basically a couple of office buildings.

Because there were human beings trapped inside and many burnt to death, many jumped to their deaths and most were killed when the towers collapsed.

I really think your questions and surprise at why people would be upset by this, are perhaps the most insensitive and stupid questions/statements that I've seen on this entire website.

edit on 10/9/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here ya go:

Thanks for sharing...

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If I posted the video that made me cry, it would probably be taken down.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I'm not sure why it hurts, or makes me angry, but it does, and doesn't really need a reason why. Emotions are emotions, and all we can do is seek, and hypothesize. Even though they werent designated as anything special, doesnt mean it doesnt collect our emotion towards it. The Statue of Liberty was closed a while, and had long waits, the towers were barely closed and hardly any wait. Plus you could see everything, including the Statue. Perhaps it being designec like tuning forks, some how collected our subconscious or emotions, and we never realized the attachment till after.

The world is strange, and we should find answers before finding out why we feel this way, because its part of the process, and is necesary.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really hate when people post something like this with no explanation!

Not everyone can watch videos. Especially when they are at work. How about a little synopsis of what the video is about? How about a description of the video? How about "why" it makes you so emotional?

OP, you are certainly not the only one that does this, but T&C says that a one or two line post and a link is not sufficient to start a thread.

WHERE'S THE BEEF!?!?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks BlupBlup, but I still can't see it. I am on a Government computer and YouTube is blocked in every way imagineable. So are Google videos. I can sometimes see videos that play from the ATS media center, but not always.

Is this a video of the WTC falling? The responses seem to indicate that.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry mate, Didn't even see your reply.

The OP's video is a video containing footage of 9/11 and the soundtrack is "Only time" By Enya.

I don't think there's anything different about it than any other videos really.
I guess It's more just a tribute/memorial video marking the Anniversary ( a little early)

Not much help to you I'm sure but a little detail anyway

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b64e3d6fcb16.jpg[/atsimg]

Taking into consideration the below ATS quote? You asked a question. This is my answer.

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

In my opinion you are completely evil.

Censor that...

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I'm not sure why it hurts, or makes me angry, but it does

When I made my first post, I hadn't watched the entire video. It seemed to be mostly recycled footage. But in an honest attempt to t ry to understand, I went and watched the whole thing. And did I feel any emotion? Yes.

Joy and pride. Thrill. Power.

Why? Because of how the video ends. After minutes of showing destruction, they show firefighters raising a flag on the scene and the video concludes with video of the two towers stll standing, shining in the sunlight.

Through all the destruction, our flag was still there.

I feel no anger at the loss. I had no connection to the event. They were, as I said, just a couple office buildings. But being shown our power, our strength....being shown our tenacity and determination under fire...being shown that no matter what is done to us, even at ground zero on the eve of destruction we cannot be broken...that moves me.

Emotion is emotion

Yes. And to understand why one thing moves one person and not another, that would be wisdom.

To those who are angry, read what I've written and watch the video again. See if the anger is gone.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Where's your sentiment? Because people died or because of government murdered them?
9-11 angers me! Haven't been to the point of hurting just yet. I suppose my 'pissed off callouses' haven't worn yet!!

If you want to stop being hurt it's easy. Just say PNAC!!! This will turn the tears from your eyes into foam in your mouth in a minute

!

(democrats aren't any better so this isn't a GOP thing)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think the question related to the destruction of the towers and comparing that with the destruction of an object itself (Statue of Liberty) which might carry some instrinsic emotionality on its own, because of what it represents. I don't believe LordBucket was condoning the destruction of life.

However, some of us are capable of nuanced feeling about something, having simultaneous and differing feelings about different aspects of the same happenings.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is the perfect response to LordBucket!

That is an emotional snapshot. I watched it all unfold live that morning, I was eating breakfast as the news broke and I was watching live as the second plane hit! I was locked down in my neighborhood next to Hurlburt Field as the President's plane landed on its way to an undisclosed location to address the nation. I watched fighter jets come and go from Eglin as the rest of the day unfolded. I finally made it to work and one of my mechanics had a mother that worked in one of the WTC buildings. He couldn't get through to anybody (it was 2 days before he reached her.)

I watched the special on either History or Discovery about a month ago, and it brought a lump to my throat many, many times watching and reliving that morning and the following days.

Anyone that claims they were not emotionally impacted is either lying, or heartless, or took some evil joy out of it and should be deported.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by silo13

That is the perfect response to LordBucket!

No, it isn't since it's complete lack of comprehension.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Seeing that image of people trapped in the Towers, not able to escape, tells it all. It is human nature to be upset, everyone remembers where they were that day. Weither they were directly affected or not affected by the events of September the 11th.

One does think Septemer 11th will always bring back bad memories of what happened that day.

R.I.P. all those who died that day, my heart and my thoughts are with thier families, and those who are still suffering today.

One can only hope that there is still humans in this world whom have, emotions. If not then we are all doomed are we not?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join