It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Lights In Arizona

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Muppet: You get anything yet?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
@worldbend

are you serious in being a graphicdesigner and webdesigner? do you make your living from these professions?

i dont mean to be rude but besides all the other flaws on your website, you as an webdesigner cannot be serious and save a graphic like this www.worldblend.net... as a gif.
besides funky buttons and animated gifs are so 20th century.

if you are only an amateur i apologize for the above stated!

and to the video, i dont think it is fake because you do not have the skill.
why does it constantly get out of focus, was this the first time you used a videocam?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Says they are flares..................

www.bvalphaserver.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi

this is my first post ever on ATS. Since we are talking about "lights" being spotted, we had a recent sighting here in South Africa that was captured on home video. I do not have a link to the actual video but here is a link to the incedent as reported in the local newspapers

www.iol.co.za...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Definatly didn't look extraterrestrial to begin with, unless a ufo somehow got tangled up in christmas tree lights, lol

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Once again someone who can't keep the camera still for more than a second, and has it in focus even less.

Using my cack work computer I managed to work out an outline of mountains/hills, shown on the image below with a grey line.

IMO, they look like the flashing lights of emergency vehicles, parked on the ridge.

You decide....!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScislaC
Muppet: You get anything yet?

No not yet.. which is a shame.

Out of interest, here are examples from the blank test footage worldblend sent me, to give you an idea of what I should be able to do when/if I ever get the lights footage..

This is a frame from the original footage. As you can see, it's pretty dark

This is the same frame after the levels have been boosted using regular brightness/contrast/gamma adjustments.

And this is the same frame having been restored using my "muppet method"(tm), pulling information from the surrounding frames to effectively reconstruct a noise-reduced image.

As you can see, this method reveals quite a lot from a frame that is ostensibly dark and near featureless.

I can only think at this stage that Worldblend would rather promote the Lights thing as a mystery, rather than actually get to the bottom of it....

Suspicious? just a tad in my book!!

[edit on 2-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Koka,

I think you are right.. The lights do appear to be "emergency" lights of some sort, either on vehicles or fixed.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thread closed: They are either flares or emergency vehicles.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
or... it could have been Venus AND Swamp Gas!

Not emergency vehicles, they were in the air nowhere near a mountain from my viewpoint.

So... Flares.

Case Closed... and Muppet was probably right about Worldblend just wanting to keep it a mystery. Oh well...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Stadium, or tower lights.

It was always my opion that these lights appeared to be fixed points of light. And the coloring appeared to be either warning lights such as they place on communications towers, or arc sodium stadium lighting, viewed from the reverse.

I guess the only question I had was the location, which mountain, or which stadium.

Worldblends proximity to Deer Valley airport may add to some of this. Communications towers near a flight path are required to be lite. That way the pilots can see them at night.

@SciSlac
If you were viewing emergency lighting of a communications tower at twilight, I believe it would appear to be hovering. If you get a chance take a look at south mountain just after sunset, and pretend you don't know what's up there.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not christmas lights, no. Not flares (ive seen enough flares at night. Those are NOT flares). They arent a plane either, ive seen many plane light configs at night.

So what are they? Not beacons, they move to much. Emergency vehicles? maybe. From what i have seen of the footage, they are moving a bit too much in strange directions. I dunno if emergency vehciles would stay in a tight formation like that for that long?

Have we come to any conclusions on this? i am a bit confused here.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for a copy of the footage in a quicktime or mpg version I can use. I'm sure if I had a full size copy of the lights footage we should be able to reveal what's there... but in the meantime, we're guessing.

from what I saw, I don't thing the lights we actually moving in relation to the ridge. It's hard to tell mind with all the camera shake and defocusing going on..

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've looked at the video a considerable amount of times and am 99.9% sure that the lights are those of Emergency vehicles parked on the ridge.

If any of you guys live there, maybe you should go up there and see if it's possible to park in that position. Maybe you could remain in contact with someone in the city, by mobile phone, whilst you flash your headlights from the ridge.

There is no mystery hear, move along, nothing to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
can't someone from phonix just go up there and take a look..?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There are a number of people here, and in this thread, that are or have been in Phoenix. Problem is, Worldblend, the guy who shot the video hasn't yet made it known exactly which ridge line it is. Phoenix has plenty of hills around it, so it's not as easy as just going up there. Were not sure where there is.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I've looked at the video a considerable amount of times and am 99.9% sure that the lights are those of Emergency vehicles parked on the ridge.

If any of you guys live there, maybe you should go up there and see if it's possible to park in that position. Maybe you could remain in contact with someone in the city, by mobile phone, whilst you flash your headlights from the ridge.

There is no mystery hear, move along, nothing to see.

I wish I could tell you everything there is to know........however, I have just uploaded what is really at the heart of the matter. Please see the newest additions to my update page. Oh, I only wish I had the kind of free time required to market or hoax this type of scheme. What is happening in Phoenix is somewhat disturbing. If you have any knowledge of Physics, the newly posted video will creep you out. Not aliens or saucers, but this video seems to show the workings of a "something" that literally is folding itself out of sight (or phase). I care not if you believe.
......and Deny Ignorance......... your name is a valid suggestion of mindset, just remember not to deny logic as well.
Muppet..... sending you video, as you do real nice work. Sorry for the lapse of info. flow but things got a little crazy here. Ask the other Phoenx members what just blew-up here two days ago right below where this newest footage was shot.
Thanks for your patience and skepticism,

Rob

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nepenthean
Says they are flares..................

www.bvalphaserver.com...

Yes, by my recommendation. I told Peter Davenport I thought they were going to be explained this way, as a person we know thought he saw smoke above a string of these lights. (1 of about 200 reports) A wierd thing to squash my own hoax?
This is error on my part. What is going on is really quite strange, interesting and disturbing. This is utterly ironic for me ............. to be debunked as an ambulence parker. Juctice served perhaps...... payback for my overly skeptical thinking in the past. This is neither here nor there........have muppet tell you his analysis of the clip I am sending and for god sakes see if he can process the ridgline photo for Deny Logic. ........too much caffine or something.

Rob

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Worldblend
.....have muppet tell you his analysis of the clip I am sending and for god sakes see if he can process the ridgline photo for Deny Logic. ........too much caffine or something.
Rob

Careful mate, I'm right here...talk TO me if you like!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is really getting weird now, i still don't see why some one can get there as$ up there and camp out.. should solve the mystery preety fast.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by malarky]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join