It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does earth belong to "the Devil"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bluejay is correct on this. The world and the people who run things are the devils until God ends the world, or actually brings the new earth down from heaven.

there is a period where the devil will be chained for a short era which is coming soon imo, the earth will be cleansed, the church will flourish and nothing but peace will exist.

God is doing this to allow certain individuals to rise to perfection through a real sacrafice before the last spiritual war.

As Mary calls it an era of peace. Not this false peace we live in in our comfy homes where everything is fine and dandy in the US.

No, I mean a new spiritual light in madnkinds mind, nomore weapons of mass destruction, biological, false religious persecution from terrorist. Corrupt governements.

everybody will be just on Earth after the cleansing.

So yea Bluejay nailed it on this thread. Nothing else to say.

peace.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Psalms 24:1 ''The earth is the Lords and all it contains,The world,and those who dwell in it''. Unless the Word of God is an utter lie than this world and everybody who lives in it is the property of and belongs to the Almighty God. Jesus said that all authority belongs Him and that He holds the keys to death and Hades. Jesus is not a liar He is the Truth and He speaks the truth. The earth does not belong to Satan it belongs to God and mankind. We the christians have the authority to rebuke the devourer and take dominion over the earth. Scripture tells us that we are kings and priests in the order of Melchizedek,its time that we started acting like it. And thats all there is to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

Here's a great article I would like the both of you to read.
www.beingjewish.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I want to believe you are correct. I should of rephrased myself better, infact both of you are correct,

The world itself is Gods.

God has though allowed satan to have temporary rule over this world, meaning the powers of the world, but God will end it and make a new earth.

so satans rule is temporary.

It does ultimately belong to God.

so that was my mistake.

peace.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Did you read my article? I would like to see what you think of it.
Second line.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I read your link and i did find it interesting though i only agreed with about half of it. Though i am unsure as to why the author would choose to use Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory as an example to prove his point. Your link says that it wasnt Satan (Lucifer) who tempted Adam and Eve and according to the original hebrew it wasnt. So that i agree with but even in the Torah it says that Lucifer is a fallen angel who rebelled against God becaus he wanted to ''place his throne higher than Gods''.His pride was his downfall. Personally i liked Charlie and the Choclate Factory better simply because Johnny Depp is a genius.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

I read your link and i did find it interesting though i only agreed with about half of it. Though i am unsure as to why the author would choose to use Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory as an example to prove his point. Your link says that it wasnt Satan (Lucifer) who tempted Adam and Eve and according to the original hebrew it wasnt. So that i agree with but even in the Torah it says that Lucifer is a fallen angel who rebelled against God becaus he wanted to ''place his throne higher than Gods''.His pride was his downfall. Personally i liked Charlie and the Choclate Factory better simply because Johnny Depp is a genius.

Where does it say that in the Torah? Because that is a Christian concept. Unless God granted Satan with that power to have more of a ability to tempt.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Isaiah 14 is where it talks about Lucifer being cast from heaven because of his pride.Here is a link that talks about it en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on the wiki article? There are also other Scriptures that elude to satan rebelling against God but the one in Isaiah is the primary one,it is the one that this particular doctrine is founded upon. There are also references of this event in the jewish pseudepigrapha and apocrypha. I also think it is mentioned in the kabbalah but i am not entirely sure its been a long time since i read the kabbalah.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well I'm in a pickle. I guess you can say that. How can angel's not have free will? But still rebel against God if they chose? Unless Satan and his followers were not angels at all. But now I'm bringing Islam in the picture. In Islam Satan is a Jinn or Genie which also has free will. But I thought in Judaism only human's had freewill? See why I'm in a pickle?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Personally i believe God created angels to have free will if not how then did the watchers fall from grace in Genesis. Genesis 6 tells us that the sons of God (angels) saw the daughters of men and lusted after them and choose to come to earth to procreate and that union created the nephilim which are half human half angel. If angels had no free will then how could they have disobeyed God and had sexual relations with women. Genesis also says that the mixing of angel and human was never Gods intention hence God sent the flood to destroy the hybrids and everything that was corrupted. God is a fair and reasonable and loving God,He requires compassion and not sacrifice. If God wanted mindless robots then the praise and worship would mean nothing it would be meaningless because they would be forced to praise. God wants people and angels to voluntarily love him not involuntarily or else its worthless thats why He created us to love Him. I believe God just wants somebody to love Him and understand Him. But that is just my opinion

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

Personally i believe God created angels to have free will if not how then did the watchers fall from grace in Genesis. Genesis 6 tells us that the sons of God (angels) saw the daughters of men and lusted after them and choose to come to earth to procreate and that union created the nephilim which are half human half angel. If angels had no free will then how could they have disobeyed God and had sexual relations with women. Genesis also says that the mixing of angel and human was never Gods intention hence God sent the flood to destroy the hybrids and everything that was corrupted. God is a fair and reasonable and loving God,He requires compassion and not sacrifice. If God wanted mindless robots then the praise and worship would mean nothing it would be meaningless because they would be forced to praise. God wants people and angels to voluntarily love him not involuntarily or else its worthless thats why He created us to love Him. I believe God just wants somebody to love Him and understand Him. But that is just my opinion

Well Angels cannot have sex with human's. That's like saying a woman got pregnant by a dog because they were both mammals. Free will is very difficult to explain and the nephilim were just people who worshiped God like the Hebrews in the past. They just called themselves the children of God like present day Jews. On the wikipedia page it present the idea as more of multiple Gods with Yahweh having authority. Who knows really? Another user before he was banned on ATS. gave me a great series of videos where he presents that the nephilim were like the Jews. Basically he meant they were God's chosen people and therefore they were called the sons of God. I believe men in the Bible have more power over women.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Angels and Humans can produce offspring it is possible the Torah even says that it has happened. The definition of nephilim literally means giant man or man of great stature there is also a celestial connotation to the literal hebraic definition but this link can better explain it en.wikipedia.org... Please give me your thoughts on this after you have read this article

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

. . .rebuke the devourer and take dominion over the earth.
Do me a favor and give some verses that say anything like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorry that is my mistake i was wrong the verse i was thinking about says to resist the devil not rebuke him my bad you were right. Genisis 1:26 however does say that we are meant to take dominion over the earth and subdue it. Thank you for pointing that out i appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

According to the Devil all the Kingdoms belong to him...

As per Luke 14:6

New International Version
And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.

And so on and so forth. And Jesus responds with "you may only worship God" and not "the world is NOT yours to give away"...

All explanations about this passage focus on "Worship only God" and simply ignores the fact that "all kingdoms" are the property of the Devil...

If this is true does this mean that any leader or king of a country/kingdom was "given" the land by the Devil? Does this also not answer the question about God's involvement on earth?

The answer is yes and no.

PS 2:1 Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?

PS 2:2 The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One.

PS 2:3 "Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."

PS 2:4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.

PS 2:5 Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

PS 2:6 "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill."

PS 2:7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD:
He said to me, "You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.

PS 2:8 Ask of me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.

PS 2:9 You will rule them with an iron scepter;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

PS 2:10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.

PS 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.

PS 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry
and you be destroyed in your way,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Thus is established the concept of the line of David as "the Son of the LORD, The Messiah(anointed king) of the LORD, installed on Zion, as ruler over all the kingdoms, to whom all kings must pay tribute." So the question becomes, who is this LORD? And since the question arises in the context of the temptation of Jesus, a corollary question would be, what was the relationship between this LORD and Jesus?

It should be obvious that no man has ever seen God. But men have upon occasion seen messengers, usually called angels. There is a common notion that such an angel is "the light bearer", there is mention of an angel bearing the name of the LORD.

EX 23:20 "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. 22 If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.

So here is Moses, told through one angel, presumably speaking for [insert God's name] being told of another angel who also bear's [God's name]. This is quite odd. Two angels bearing God's name. And what if one of these decides that he must in fact be God. How will anyone be able to tell the difference between the one speaking what was heard from God, and the one speaking on his own, as if he were God? This is the question which forms the framework of the Gospel of John.

JN 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17 If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

JN 8:25 "Who are you?" they asked.
"Just what I have been claiming all along," Jesus replied. 26 "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

JN 8:27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

JN 14:28 "You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, 31 but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

The Bible, from beginning to end, is full of a double thread. The most likely will of the actual God, who I will call the Father, and this other character, the Prince of this world. When the Israelites desired a king, a word came that "no, that's not the will of God" but then another word came, "Yeah, sure, and not only will he be the king of one nation, but the king of the world." Which word is from the Father, and which from the Prince of this world?

So Jesus was offered all the kingdoms of this world, after all, wouldn't it be his birthright according to Psalm 2? Of course! And did the Devil say, "I'm the devil, worship me?" I doubt that very seriously. Rather, he probably said, "I am [insert God's name], Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession." PS 2:8

By rejecting the offer, Jesus has exposed the lie of world domination by the line of David as in any way the plan of the Father. The nations then are still in thrall to [insert God's name], however, the people who understand and accept the gospel given through Jesus belong to the Father.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You set out a vision of a rough road that lies before people, where just going along with the crowd is not good enough.
Maybe that's the way it is, that you don't have the guy in the white hat and the guy in the black hat where you are safe just following your sensory inputs, and have to do some actual thinking.
I think there is a principle that the more light there is, the more darkness there is overtaking it, that passes over anyone standing still.
Jesus said that there was a numbing process at work so the more informative that he got with people, the less they understood.
So where God is working the most, Satan is doing his intensive work.
Maybe that's why God hid His name, as soon as it got out, Satan would rename himself to match.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand, when Jesus makes the statement all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth, this is a statement reflecting newly entrusted responsibilities God has given him, based on his recent success on the earth during the first century.

How can you say Jesus is fully in control of our earth when evil things continue to take place under the Devils direction. Only once the Devil is removed from the scene can what you say make any sense.

Read Revelation chapter 12, there was a war in heaven, Satan no longer has any influence in that realm because he lost the war, so what you say is true for the heavens right now, but he was allowed to shift his attention to the earth, and it would have a very hard time because of it, we are in that period right now.
Our turn for Jesus to lead the charge against TBTB on earth is coming next and soon.

In conclusion to this topic, God owns this earth, but Satan has been able to be it's caretaker for around 6000 years, he did a miserable job with it, and he is getting fired very soon. God and Jesus are going to take it back, and renovate it, and let the good people stay, but evict all the bad and evil tenants. And send the Devil to jail.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Okay master jedi Blue Jay let me put it to you like this Jesus said ''ALL authority has been given to ME in heaven AND ON EARTH''. Jesus said that i am not saying that HE said that and since Jesus is NOT a liar then i can come to the logical conclusion that Jesus possesses all authority everywhere. He also said that He holds the keys to death and Hades so now i have come to the conclusion that even in hell Jesus reigns supreme. If as you say the devil still has authority over this earth then Jesus is a liar and we are all going to hell because since the devil still has authority over this earth and its population then salvation through redemption does not exist and we are all screwed. The devil is allowed to roam this earth seeking whom he may devour. Because Jesus possesses all authority and the keys to hell and the grave because He deafeated Satan we now have the oppurtunity to be saved by grace. But arguing about this wont solve anything. I believe that in the last days the devil will be locked up but i also believe that he was already deafeated once when Jesus died for us and now he has no real power over us unless we do not believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. If we submit to him he has authority over us but if we resist him he will flee because he has no authority. Light and darkness there is a balance to every thing. We are kings and priests but the devil is not. We have the authority of kings the the devil does not. We are saved by grace the devil is not. And thats all there is to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

. . .since the devil still has authority over this earth and its population then salvation through redemption does not exist . . .
How did it ever exist before?
Sorry but I don't follow your logic.

<< 1    3 >>

join