It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cusack launches bizarre 'Satanic cult' rant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
LOL.

I think John Cusack's embarrassing rant ( does anyone actually remember any good films he's been in ? ), is symptomatic of the detached, hypocritical view of so many Hollywood ''stars''.

He's embarrassed himself here, and shown himself up as the other side of the coin to those ''bigots'' that he claims to be arguing against.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Glen beck is a fake Conservative who serves only the Corperate intrest.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
And this kiddies, is why we dont mix our mood stabilizers with alcohol!

I wonder if he was smearing on makeup and cutting out news paper clippings at the same time when he wrote this?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The only reason this is getting any attention at all is: the Media is blowing it way up and out of proportion.

He hates Fox - so what? Like he's alone in that sentiment.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
LOL.

I think John Cusack's embarrassing rant ( does anyone actually remember any good films he's been in ? ), is symptomatic of the detached, hypocritical view of so many Hollywood ''stars''.

Attacking and putting John Cusack's acting career down really only makes you look stupid.

And what do you really know about any film actor? What you learn from the Media?

That makes you the cause of the Hollywood hype.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well, thats to bad, I kind of liked Cusack. Guess he is just another one of obamas nazis.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

No one has pointed out the fact that this "rant" was in respose to someone asking him his opinion on the erroneously named Ground Zero Mosque.
His initial response was (I'm paraphrasing) "Building churches isn't illegal yet, thank God". Then he made the satanic cult statement. It was a JOKE. Not a very good one, but I get his point. And yes, people are blowing it way out of proportion, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have made much more inflammatory statements. But they're conservatives, so its okay.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by staver]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
First off anyone that takes anything that someone from Hollywood says as insightful political commentary, is a boob and should never be taken seriously. Secondly equating the HARD NEWS sections of Fox, CNN, MSNBC et al. to ATS is simply silly. Most of the hard news components of said "channels" mine the AP and Reuters for news. It is when the commentary and panels get involved that you can label one or the other. While ATS's "news" comes from a myriad of "alternative" sources, alot of them leading back to Sorcha Faal, Russian Times or Iran Press TV. So please let's be realistic here. If you guys don't have the personal integrity to look at ALL of these sites and news clips and weed out the truth from the lies then stop looking. Ignoring one because of your partisan stand is ignorant at best.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
First off anyone that takes anything that someone from Hollywood says as insightful political commentary, is a boob and should never be taken seriously.

How ridiculous. They are citizens with opinions just like you.

No right winger complained when Charlton Heston voiced his politics.

John Cusack was raised by Political Activist parents. He didn't just all of a sudden pop up on the political platform to let the media make a fool of themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Jesus christ people get upset over the dumbest things..

Anyone else just see this as some sort of stupid comment?

I don't take this seriously, and the fact that they asked a psychologist to comment on his 126 character rant in the article is utterly pathetic.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I don't take this seriously, and the fact that they asked a psychologist to comment on his 126 character rant in the article is utterly pathetic.

OMG - - that is insane.

Instead of people jumping on this silly media hype - - maybe it would be better if they started demanding News Shows start being credible.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is that.. But the comment by the psychologist just amplifies how stupid the "controversy" is.

“His provocative tweets could easily incite a rabid fan to commit violent acts against Fox News Headquarters and others he names," said Dr. Carole Lieberman, a Beverly Hills-based psychiatrist and author of Coping With Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted.

Read more: www.news.com.au...[/q uote]

Oh no, their going to attack fox news!!

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Miraj]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It was hilarious. I laughed aloud. No accounting for taste of course, but c'mon people, he was obviously being ironic. Responding to what he viewed as a stupid non-issue of a question with some nonsense of his own. I liked it.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by joechip]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve_oZ

Cusack launches bizarre 'Satanic cult' rant

www.news.co m.au

JOHN Cusack went on a caustic Twitter rampage Sunday evening, attacking Fox News, former House Majority Leader Dick Armey and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

“I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,” Cusack tweeted in response to a fan's question about whether he supported the building of the Cordoba House Islamic center near Ground Zero in New York.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by steve_oZ]

[mod edit: fixed title]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

Maybe the words 'Cordoba House Islamic center' was a program trigger for his alter ego? Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Fox News is a satanic death cult and an insane one at that

Their entire argument no matter if the subject is bowling, economics, politics, or a friggin tire that goes on your vehicle....
Liberal this, Liberal that, Liberal this, Liberal that...>>SHIFT>>>>Hate on Obama,,,,Hate on Obama,,,hate hate hate skeet skeet skeet.

Repeat.

Liberal this, liberal that, liberal this, liberal that..hate obama hate obama and on and on.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Maybe the words 'Cordoba House Islamic center' was a program trigger for his alter ego? Just a guess.

Cordoba House Islamic Center = C.H.I.C.

...so naturally he freaked out...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Typical clueless hollywood left winger who has no idea what reality is like for people outside of his Malibu beach home...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Now now, stop generalising. Its not very adult and its not a denial of ignorance. Liberals are no more likely to talk crap than anyone else. I mean Palin after all... shes no liberal, and shes been talking out of her rectal passage her whole career!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
So tell me again why I should care about his rants?

Not that I watch Fox News but really, why does his opinion matter to me? I understand he is some actor guy and I assume has money (unless like many in the star crowd it has all been wasted on instant gratifications), I guess he is still working though I am unsure of that as well.

I get it though; he gets worked up and had an episode, good for him. I am so happy I do not do the social networking thing.

Raist

yeah, i agree. Why is this news? Same question with Paris Hilton being busted with coc aine. Its funny. but its not news. Distractions from real news that matters. Its disgusting that Americans even give a sh!t about this nonsense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join