It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

BP logo looks more like a Protea plant if you ask me.

Interesting, but the Protea flower has red in it.

It might fall more in line with the biblical passage about the seas turning red tough.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Revelation 8:11

the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Except.. no one drinks the water from the Gulf.

Interesting comparison to Wormwood and the BP Logo .. freaky for sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is because current languages are derived from past languages. There is a correct way and an incorrect way to derive the etymology/linguistics of languages.

Example: English: Alpha-Bet (A-B)
Hebrew: Aleph-Beth (A-B)

[edit on 21-6-2010 by problemsolvr]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

If this oil spill is the text below - then what was the event above? Nothing I am aware of in recent memory where a third of the earth was burned? Or hail mixed with blood? The only thing I can think is that when they refer to "earth" they refer to an area of vast size?
What was the geographical awareness of people 2000 years ago? Think back to when you were a kid who thought your local area was huge and a whole city vast beyond belief, because you weren't yet aware of other cities, motorways etc and so it all seemed so vast. Now apply this to back then, when you had to walk everywhere or go on camel, 30 miles would seems like 3000 to them because of the time it took to get there, so maybe when they refer to the "earth" it is not as we know it now, but just a large area? Just a thought....

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by turk182

I really can't believe the comments. It's hitting you in the face, and you know you see it.

The logo absolutely looks very much like many of the illustrations of that flower. The yellow surrounded by the green. The buds or flowers. It also looks like a star.

All the verses that speak of the sea and the fire.

And the land

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Revelation 8:11

the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Except.. no one drinks the water from the Gulf.

i bet my soul i can find at least one entire species that does drink from the water in the Gulf Of British Petroleum (*Copyrighted/Patented/Pre-Owned)

yep yep,

Gulf Of British Petroleum

yep yep,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Interesting comparison to Wormwood and the BP Logo .. freaky for sure.

You know what's also interesting is if you keep reading.

When you get to the sixth angel you see this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad7decbeb29d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

I am a believer Nemesis is wormwood not some lousy oil leak.

Where do you get Nemesis from?

There is no Nemesis mentioned in the Bible.

Sorry. No results found for "Nemesis "

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru

cnn just reported oil may now be 4.2 million gallons a day

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

4.2 Million gallons.

Thats 18.9 Million Litres!!

Thats a lotta oil but when I look at other sources it is ranging upto 200 million gallons per day. Lotta mixed information floating around.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
wow thats crazy. there's always symbolism in all big corporations. Like shell, chevron, (not sure about 76?) and exxon. that's just a few oil brands but u got starbucks and a bunch more.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I always find it funny that people try to fit bible prophecies in with the ENGLISH language.

Hmmmm...I wonder what the name of the "wormwood" plant is in Hebrew???

The reference being discussed here is from the book of Revelation...
...which was written in Koine (common) Greek.

The word is ἄψινθος pronounced [ap'-sin-thos]
Wormwood was a plant in the middle east that had a bitter root.

Revelation 8:11 "And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

The Hebrew equivalent is transliterated la`anah...
...and is once translated 'Hemlock'.

Amos 6:12 "...for ye have turned judgment into gall, and the fruit of righteousness into hemlock (la`anah or wormwood):"

I don't have an opinion on whether the oil spill applies...
...except to say that...
...Revelation lists the excesses of human institutions and religions...
...and the eventual triumph of God over all human power...
...so there may be a legitimate angle here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I would like to point out that when a third of the sea became blood, there is a fairly clear description of a comet or something being thrown into the sea.

As I have pointed out several times in the thread the Gulf was most likely hit by a comet or meteorite sometime in earths anchient past.

Also interesting to note that oil forms around such impact areas.

The seas becomming blood could refer to the release of the remains of the comet or metoerite impact.

A combination of past and present, foretold as the future in the past and intrepreted in the present as the future.

I'm not entirely clear about the bitterness of the waters as of yet.

The spill will likely get worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Futher to my comment re origins of the Hebrew word...
...the word is transliterated la`anah...
...and is once translated 'Hemlock'.

Amos 6:12 "...for ye have turned judgment into gall, and the fruit of righteousness into hemlock (la`anah or wormwood):"

Hemlock is the name given to several poisonous plants in the Apiaceae family...
...the rootstocks are multichambered and contain a yellowish oily liquid which turns reddish brown on exposure to air and emits a characteristic smell of raw parsnip.

Wormwood/Hemlock - a star shaped flower with an oil chamber at its base.

[edit on 21/6/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Wormwood/Hemlock - a star shaped flower with an oil chamber at its base.

Now that is interesting

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have a question. Some of you are relating this to 2nd and 3rd trumpets in the Book of Revelation, but when did we have the 1st trumpet? Doesn't the 1st trumpet need to come before the 2nd and 3rd trumpets?

FIRST TRUMPET: "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth, and a third part of the trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."

So, if the 1st trumpet has to come before the other two, when did we have the hail, fire and blood that burned up a third of all the trees and all of the green grass?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Hi

Just wondered if you could elaborate on where the Statue of liberty meaning is in the seventh angel?
Have looked at briefly and can see this but not sure of the link you are making?

11:15 THE SEVENTH TRUMPET.

And the seventh angel sounded. This is the seventh trumpet of the seventh seal. It should bring the end, the final victory, the grand consummation. That is what the apostle now beholds in the vision.

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ. Here is the final triumph. It is the brightness of Zion's glad morning, the long deferred day of victory, the ushering in of the conquering reign of Christ. The Agency by which this conquest is effected is the exaltation of the witnesses, or the diffusion of the Word of God. This exaltation causes the earthquake, the fall of a part of the Great City, the destruction of a part of its inhabitants, and the repentance of the remnant. These events are followed by the seventh trumpet and the proclamation of the universal reign of Christ. Then the heavenly inhabitants join in paeans of victory and songs of praise and thanksgiving.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No. No. and No. I see no correlation in any of this. There is no prophecy in what you are eluding to.

- Wormwood is a bitter plant. . . that is par of it's description.

- The BP logo is just that. A simple geometry (which of course is life) based on a green image.

- Revelations is a book based on events thousands of years ago and not our current time.

- The BP oil spill is an accident that happened and accidents do happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The BP logo looks more like the heart chakra to me...The heart Chakra is represented by a light green color and looks like the Bp logo for some reason. Considering that the oil spill section has the most oil ever discovered leaves me with the conclusion that Bp just pierced the heart of the earth and the earth is slowly bleeding to death.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

Just wondered if you could elaborate on where the Statue of liberty meaning is in the seventh angel?

11:15 THE SEVENTH TRUMPET

It's actually a little unclear.

Revelation 9:13 THe sixth TRumpet

Revelation 10:1 Another angel decended (6th or 7th?)

Revelation 10:8 Take the scroll

Revelation 11:15 seventh trumpet

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapient
I have a question. Some of you are relating this to 2nd and 3rd trumpets in the Book of Revelation, but when did we have the 1st trumpet? Doesn't the 1st trumpet need to come before the 2nd and 3rd trumpets?

FIRST TRUMPET: "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth, and a third part of the trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."

So, if the 1st trumpet has to come before the other two, when did we have the hail, fire and blood that burned up a third of all the trees and all of the green grass?

The bible itself tells the reader how to understand its text...

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So how can you know how to divide the text? It tells you that as well...

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Praying for guidance before reading scriptures is what the bible tells the reader to do in order to understand.

Also, each book in the bible is not in chronical order when it comes to dates, when it will happen or when it happened. To understand the books context you need to study the individual book itself (ie time it was written, who it was written by etc) as the bible is a collaboration of inspired scriptures. A lot of scripture refers to other parts of scripture contained within the bible. This is to help the reader to understand as well.

Do bear in mind however that what I see in the bible might be entirely different to what another sees, the bible mentions this...

Ephesians 4:11 - 12

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

I dont know how much you understand of scripture and I do not want to go any further as it would veer far off the topic but this is why christians attend ministries, the text specifically tells the reader that there are members of the church put in place to guide other members understanding.

When it comes to understanding who are the truthful preachers and who are false? The spirit of truth will guide both.

The problems start when nobody reads the bible, listens to anyone who is false and vice versa when someone stands up to speak without following what the bible explains.

Hope that helps you.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join