It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency Drops Helen Thomas after Anti-Jewish Remarks!:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Agency Drops Helen Thomas after Anti-Jewish Remarks!:

www.newsmax.com

Nine Speakers, the agency that represents Helen Thomas, has dropped her as a client, Politico reported Sunday afternoon.

This comes in the wake of remarks made by Thomas that emerged last week in which she said that Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine."

Thomas, 89, made her shocking remark on May 27 during the Jewish Heritage Celebration at the White House.

When asked by Rabbi David Nesenoff of RabbiLive.com if she had “any comments on Israel,” the Hearst Newspapers columnist put her foot in her mouth by stating, “Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.” Thomas ad
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/6/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well it is about time. Come on. This woman should have retired-oh, about.... 25 years ago! She is showing more signs of her mind losing touch with reality.

I think it started right after 9.11. She started naggin' on Bush for no apparent reason-at the time.

Anyway, I for one who will be glad to see her gone. I actually think they kept her around for a joke-to harass the Pres Press Sect-just by looking at him and being in the same room. lol

Good night Irene!

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/6/2010 by semperfortis]

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Excuse me, but, where are the "anti-jewish" remarks? sounds to me like she is criticizing a corrupt regime. Being critical of Israel does not = being "anti-jewish"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well she will be 90 in August of this year if she makes it, and will probably enjoy her time off and needs the rest.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm under the impression that she was paid to do it so that people sympathize with Jewish people and continue supporting Israel in these wicked times. In fact, I believe many cases of antisemitism are staged for this very reason.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
Excuse me, but, where are the "anti-jewish" remarks? sounds to me like she is criticizing a corrupt regime. Being critical of Israel does not = being "anti-jewish"

But what would you and most other people be saying if she'd said that all blacks should go back to africa?

Isn't what Thomas said just the same thing, but about a different group of people?

Really, it is ...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Being critical of Israel does mean being anti-Jewish. It really does.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But what would you and most other people be saying if she'd said that all blacks should go back to africa?

Isn't what Thomas said just the same thing, but about a different group of people?

Really, it is ...

Really, it isn't. Take a look at the UN allocation of land for Palestinians and Israelis that Israel SWORE to abide by, and the land occupied by Israel today. Helen Thomas is right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ed03cfda12c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Really, it is ...

No. Really, it isn't.

The Jews were not brought into Palestine as slaves. Or even against their will.

Hardly the same.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Really, it isn't. Take a look at the UN allocation of land for Palestinians and Israelis that Israel SWORE to abide by, and the land occupied by Israel today. Helen Thomas is right.

If we're going to take the historical land allocation route to negate a perfectly valid comparison made by Centurion, then you may not realize that just 150 years ago blacks were not allowed to legally own any land, then were limited to 50 acres and a mule often in less than desirable locations, to their ultimate position (today) of having no legal boundaries preventing property ownership.

Really, it was a moronic comment by a woman (Thomas) who has served little purpose for many years now and truly seems to only retain any level of significance because of respect for how long she's managed to remain a public figure absent of any real merit for her to be such.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

What you're saying doesn't make sense. Are you suggesting that Israel now has, or should have, property rights over all Palestine? I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't even know who Helen Thomas is and I don't even know what is going on.

I am not denying ignorance, I am admitting I am ignorant, well about Helen Thomas anyway.

I think when it comes to any middle eastern conflict, my brain just turns off and the computer says no and I get out my joke book and have a laugh instead.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Maybe you're are right. Maybe they (Is.) had one heck of a propoganda unit and they are spinning stuff seconds after the event.

Well, it works-most of the time.

Like the cops from Dubai still chashing those 20 Mossad hit-met. lol
Forgotten about in the press. Just like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Update: Helen Thomas Retires after Anti-Jewish Remarks

Monday, 07 Jun 2010 12:27 PM

Hearst News Service announced the retirement of Helen Thomas Monday after several days of rising controversy over her statements suggesting Jews should leave Israel.

The following story was issued by Hearst News Service today.

HELEN THOMAS ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

WASHINGTON, June 7, 2010 – Helen Thomas announced Monday that she is retiring, effective immediately.

Her decision came after her controversial comments about Israel and the Palestinians were captured on videotape and widely disseminated on the Internet.

Thomas later issued a statement: ``I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.’’

Thomas will mark her 90th birthday on Aug. 4.

Source: www.newsmax.com...

Well then. Good for her for retiring. She saw the light at the end of the tunnel (work wise that is). She got tossed under the bus....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All I can say is that its about time. The White House press corps just gained a little credibility today. I'm just surprised that it took this long for her bias on any number of issues to finally catch up to her. Goodbye, good riddance.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I would say she's a nut then, because African Americans didn't come here on boats because of their own volition, and surely they didn't illegally occupy an American equivalent of West Bank.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

What are you on about?

Seriously what are you on about?

If i crictize American government policy (as i do constantly along with Israeli policy) does that make me a racist towards American people?

If i cricitize the PA in the West Bank under Abbas for their corruption and servility to Israel does that make me Anti-Semetic?

Seriously your statement, and all others who hold that view, does not hold up to the slightest degree of illumination.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So glad to see that bigot gone !! YAY

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
She should have known better,

if you work for a Jew agency then they will get a bit upset if you call them out.

She was 100% correct in her statement though, it's just you don't insult big Jewmedia without some repercussions.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
I'm under the impression that she was paid to do it so that people sympathize with Jewish people and continue supporting Israel in these wicked times. In fact, I believe many cases of antisemitism are staged for this very reason.

Is there anything people wont twist, do you have proof?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join