It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole in Guatemala City

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Most sources are saying aroung 60m deep. Eerie.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanessa99

Thanks for the video..

It looks more like a giant underground cavern,

than a sinkhole, where does all the dirt go?

truly amazing to me..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If a load of Annunaki start crawling out - it's on!

...unless of course they come in peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Read somewhere that it was 330 feet deep. I think it must have been a huge village well of some sort which was filled by soft earth and buildings constructed over it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It would be interesting to get soime better dimensions...
What caused the loss of the ground beneath?
Is there an underground river down there?
Does the city sit on some old mines from annunaki days?
Where did all the subterrainian dirt dissapear to?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Crazy event.
Was it caught on any cameras by any chance?
I wonder how long before someone attempts to rappel down to the bottom.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Awesome picture. My thing is, it doesn't look like it is sunken, it looks drilled or collapsed from below. It's too perfectly round.

Call me paranoid or whatever but I really hope nothing finds its way out of there. Also I hope this isn't the doing of a "trumpet" if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I thought it look to much like a perfect circle too.

New orbital laser test?
Giant wormhole,for "Dune" like beasties?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It looks like it must be at least 10 stories deep, & maybe deeper.

I agree it does look very round/regular.

Might be man-made or at least some kind of very regular slow, long-term erosion originating from the center of the hole [before it was a hole]. Perhaps a fissure with at least intermittently [seasonal?] steady water running & eroding down to an underground river/channel?

I wouldn't go within a block of that thing.

Is that a horizontal cavity/opening down at the bottom [underground river? channel?] or just dark [wet?] soil?

It is like a huge cliff opened up where just yesterday was flat pavement/ground.

wild.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are a lot of perfectly shaped objects made by nature. Is every spider web a UFO?

Anyone wondering how this happens? Well,pretty much water hollows the ground out under an area until the surface cannot hold the weight anymore and it sinks.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Anyone else find it curious that the Mayans lived in this area? Could these be underground tunnels of some kind they built? They are so deep, and almost perfectly round, it seems odd to me.
Where is Atlantis supposed to be located?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Looks like a human excavation that was improperly filled and the fill was washed away. Maybe it is related to Mel's Hole?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanessa99
Heres a link to a youtube video of a similar sinkhole there... as you can see the sinkhole is not perfectly round, it just appears that way from shots taken from above. The ground is actually much more hollowed out underneath.

www.youtube.com...

Just to let you know, That video is of a similar sink hole but from 2007 not the recent one.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

Thanks kbriggss.... apologies for not being more specific. Thats what I meant when I said "similar". The views from the top down of both sinkholes are disturbing and almost surreal...they both appear vertical. Looking at the video of the 2007 sinkhole, you can see the hollowed out cavernous areas under the rim that werent visible with the top view. It helps to make the unbelievable much more believable to see this angle. I havent seen many images of the newest one, but I would think it also has these hollowed out areas.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is also being discussed here:

Tropical storm leaves more than 115 dead in Central America

On page 7 near the bottom their is a link to a youtube vid from the bottom of the 2007 hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, this thing is 60 miles deep? Definately makes me wonder even more about the whole "hollow earth" theory. Lets just hope that there is not anything down there that has a chance to come out.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
Wow, this thing is 60 miles deep? Definately makes me wonder even more about the whole "hollow earth" theory. Lets just hope that there is not anything down there that has a chance to come out.

The info I have says 30 meters. Have also heard 60 meters but not 60 miles.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Oh, sorry about that. I assumed M was miles and not meters, my mistake. Thats still a pretty deep hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is so funny. There are blaming a tropical storm for this. Comedy gold that is.

Anyway it would be fine if it wasn't so perfect. Because it is so perfect there is only one explanation.

Its quite easy to explain. This is proof that the large haldron collider in CERN created a black hole. There will be another sinkhole like this appearing on the exact opposite of the planet shortly .

Some months after this the entire planet will start coming apart.

Thanks large haldron collider.

Or maybe the people living inside the planet have decided to put in an appearance.

Wouldn't it be cool if some dinosaurs started coming out of it?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Haha some people kill me with their comments...that's a sinkhole , it has happened before in Guatemala and it's because of bad drainage.

...ok not some black hole..lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join