It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 pages of FBI Files released on Kerry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You must be kin to that 'frog' Chirac there RedOctober?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You must be kin to that 'frog' Chirac there RedOctober?

seekerof

The "frog" thing is another example of that idiotic media driven idea that the French are dirty or something. Heh, the USA has the biggest overweight population in the world.

I have no problem with the French and I support there decision to not join Cowboy bushes yeeeehaw war to push unwanted forms of hard-capitalism/selective democracy/christianity on a populus (middle east)

France has more important things to do, rather than persuing nationalism.. they persue the advancement of Europe and the society through good diplomacy.. while the USA kills it's diplomatic relations.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, the French do indeed have more things to deal with and do:

Ivory Coast Asks French to Leave

Interestingly, seems that history is full of these type request being made to France.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That is because nobody really wants a foreign power hanging around in there country for years.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
So Kerry was anti-vietnam war.. so what?

What really was the purpose of that war? And the outcome really never ousted communism.. it just led some 40,000 casualties and a demoralized public.

Because in a democracy, war eventually demoralizes the population.. not just because of the media. In a dictatorship, if they went to war thats that and nothing can be done.

But you still will have the right-wing nationalists waving there plastic "made in china" American flags shouting "we do everything right.. heil America!"

calsuties in viet nam a liberal ran war: 58000 give or take a few 100

casulties in Iraq a conservative ran war: 775

oh and we do do everything right. #ing neo commie liberals think there so much better than everyone else. they want individualism destroyed. everything thing they do is for the collective good. well stalin did stuff for the collective good too.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

calsuties in viet nam a liberal ran war: 58000 give or take a few 100

The Civil War, a conservative ran war...
Sorry. I can't do what you do without laughing.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Its amazing to me how often europeans bring up the name McDonalds when attepting to speak in a derrogatory fasion about U.S. culture, and Yet no matter what country in europe it is every time i walk into a european McDonalds its always crowded. Isn't it ironic? Dont you think?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
IVAN:

I'm sure you are smart enough to realize that this isn't the 1960s.. military technology has improved greatly reducing the number of men needed and push button warfare has reduced casualties.

But it doesen't make it right, I feel sorry for the Iraqis taking this punishment on a daily basis... most Americans could care less.. just going to the daily luxurious life of a home, food, water, a movie theater, living a decent standard of living while these guys are being slaughtered, tortured, rendered jobless. Things that didn't happen on a massive scale before the U.S. invasion.

Think about the other people of this world instead of yourself, since Americans aren't the highest society and are no more important than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think americns ARE the highest society and ARE the most important. But then again I prefer a hamburger to a hammer and sickle.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
BTW red october What are your thoughts on stalin?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But it doesen't make it right, I feel sorry for the Iraqis taking this punishment on a daily basis... most Americans could care less.. just going to the daily luxurious life of a home, food, water, a movie theater, living a decent standard of living while these guys are being slaughtered, tortured, rendered jobless. Things that didn't happen on a massive scale before the U.S. invasion.

What color is the sky in your world? RED?

Iraqi dissent, government reprisals, censorship, propaganda
09:22 PM +1000, Mar 18 2003
Guardian says Iraqi soldiers are rounding up Kurds in Kirkuk, preparing for a potential uprising. Kurds say they welcome a war, as the prospect of living with Saddam's government is far worse.

Over the past four days nearly 2,000 refugees have streamed out of Kirkuk, bringing few possessions, but laden with stories of searches, arrests and night-time disappearances.
[...]

Iraqi soldiers are getting ready for street fighting, refugees say. "Sandbags have been placed on the roofs of schools and hospitals. The city is under curfew. You can't walk 100 metres without passing a new military outpost," said Saba Jebar, 27, who fled Kirkuk two days ago. "Everybody is scared. We are not afraid of war. We are afraid of Saddam."

[...]

President Saddam, meanwhile, has moved Arab settlers into the Kirkuk area and enforced a so-called nationality "correction campaign" in which Kurds have been forced to adopt Arab names or risk losing their homes. Many have been expelled anyway. Now, though, Kirkuk's Arab settlers are terrified, too, fearful that when the city falls they will be the object of reprisals.

- Guardian, Kurds flee as secret police step up arrests.

Meanwhile, in Iraq proper, government troops are carrying out summary executions and torture in an attempt to quash dissent.

RedOctober..............where do you live?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
20,000 pages!!! Is it just me here or does anyone else think there's something wrong with having 20,000 pages of investigation reports of an american who did nothing illegal? What a waste of tax dollars, I think we deserve a refund for that mound of wasted time and money.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I think americns ARE the highest society and ARE the most important. But then again I prefer a hamburger to a hammer and sickle.

Very ignorant. The problem with most Americans is that they fail to realize there are other countries in this world. Heck, half can't even list who the Vice President is or find Iraq on a map.. some can't even find the U.S. on a map!

Internationalism is the future of this world.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Venus:

Why does it make it our problem? I believe it is and was the Iraqi people's job to overthrow that government. Not waste the good men from OUR defense forces and billions of our hard earned tax dollars which could be used for other things. (Education, ect )

Once again it's easy for you to be pro-war, untill you are on the front lines yourself wondering what exactly are you fighting for and seeing your comrades die.

America is just ticking off the world one by one, a nation that is fully saturated with the feeling of nationalism will not survive the international movement.

Comrade, Iraqis are humans like everyone else. They are no more important than anyone else.. including Americans. Sometimes we fail to remember that foreigners are fellow humans like ourselves.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Very ignorant. The problem with most Americans is that they fail to realize there are other countries in this world. Heck, half can't even list who the Vice President is or find Iraq on a map.. some can't even find the U.S. on a map!

Internationalism is the future of this world.

First you call someone ignorant, than you make 3 HUGE false stereotypes. :: shakes head in disbelief :: I think your statements are the most ignorant in this thread, are you trying to incite people to bash you or are you really that narrow-minded?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
First you call someone ignorant, than you make 3 HUGE false stereotypes. :: shakes head in disbelief :: I think your statements are the most ignorant in this thread, are you trying to incite people to bash you or are you really that narrow-minded?

Whoah sorry about that, I misdirected my reply to you instead of the other guy,
mwm1331 who said:

"I think americns ARE the highest society and ARE the most important. But then again I prefer a hamburger to a hammer and sickle. "

Sorry bout that comrade.

*edit* Big quote violation fixed

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
BTW red october What are your thoughts on stalin?

What does Stalin have to do with this? I don't recall Stalin ever mentioned in this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
It must be my lucky day..............

LOS ANGELES, CA (PRWEB) June 10, 2004 -- Paperless Archives (www.paperlessarchives.com) has announced the publishing of 20,000 pages of FBI Files related to Senator John Kerry. These FBI files include coverage of John Kerry's activity as a leader of the anti-Vietnam War group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War.

FBI

FILES

As a vet of that era I commend Senator Kerry for standing up for what was right. It seems that if it were not for individuals like him that stood up for their beliefs we would still be slopping around in the rice paddies of 'Nam.

I'll betcha this makes a real interesting read............

*edit* do not place comments within a quote. Fixed.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
RedOctober90
Maybe it's just me but I think you have WAY-WAY too much compassion for the Iraqi's or apparently any country besides the US. You also seem to be taking this way beyond the topic back to Bush bashing.

*edit* PLease do not quote entire posts unless they are 4-5 lines or under. Thank you. Fixed

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Venus wrote:

"Maybe it's just me but I think you have WAY-WAY too much compassion for the Iraqi's or apparently any country besides the US. You also seem to be taking this way beyond the topic back to Bush bashing. "

I believe all humans are equal. Like I said, i am not a nationalist, I find extensive forms of nationalism to be deplorable. Because it makes it sound like one's countrymen is better than another when in reality we are all humans.

Yes I am compassionate.. because the rest of the world has to clean up what the USA destroys. For I focus on the well-being of the world's people.. rather than what heehaww Cowboy Bush wants with this nationalistic imperialist agenda.

Bush bashing is worthless, people begin to not focus on the core issues but on whether you like Bush or not. It becomes a question of this rather than what is important.. the issues.. and how they affect the people of this world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join