It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there were aliens would you like disclosure or have "them" keep every one in the dark?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000

Originally posted by Goethe
Disclosure for sure.

Without knowing whats out there, we can never know whats in here. I firly believe if they were a threat, they would have stuck by now. They dont want to come down cause they see what we do to each other, Id be afraid too!

I agree with this too!

I'm on the fence if we should have disclosure or not. Not sure if humans could handle it yet. (If there were aliens and a secret government that works with them... that is.)

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Theone2000]

Hmm.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Question 1. If there were aliens, would you like disclosure? Or would you want "THEM" to keep us in the dark?

Keep us in the dark. We aren't mature enough as a species. People will be calling them beings of Satan...................................

People are not ready to know such things. Just think of the damage it would do. Maybe in a few 100 years but not now. In fact if I had proof of aliens from space I would hide it myself. Yes, I would help in a UFO cover up. Keeping any knowledge of of aliens covered up and hidden from the public is one of a very few things the government has every gotten right. We can not even handle the differences from one human to the next there is no way we could handle something non-human. We just are not ready and that makes me sad. I would like to be able to see a real space alien before I die but I do not think I will live that long.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I strongly disagree.

People are good, individually. As a whole, we are no different than a pack of wild dogs.

But, since I firmly believe E.T.'s would be highly intelligent, I believe they are highly honorable. Maybe theyd be able to show us another way and find our place with a true peace without war or murder.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by Phlynx

Question 1. If there were aliens, would you like disclosure? Or would you want "THEM" to keep us in the dark?

Keep us in the dark. We aren't mature enough as a species. People will be calling them beings of Satan...................................

People are not ready to know such things. Just think of the damage it would do. Maybe in a few 100 years but not now. In fact if I had proof of aliens from space I would hide it myself. Yes, I would help in a UFO cover up. Keeping any knowledge of of aliens covered up and hidden from the public is one of a very few things the government has every gotten right. We can not even handle the differences from one human to the next there is no way we could handle something non-human. We just are not ready and that makes me sad. I would like to be able to see a real space alien before I die but I do not think I will live that long.

Cool getting every ones point of view on this.

So far what I've gotten from this thread is that we are not ready yet. I hope "They" are checking out this thread. So far, there are more votes for none disclosure.

If I ever see a alien I will keep my mouth shut, for the well being of the human race. (If I figured out how they spy on us, like we do monkeys...I will keep my mouth shut.) lol It's too bad we are not evolved enough to handle such information. If it were true and there were aliens that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You guys can keep quiet, but Im scream loud when I see them. I started a thread when I joined with my picture of 'something'.

Still not sure what it is, but it was 'something'.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

DISCLOSURE absolutely!

First of of all, it is because of being kept in the dark that is creating all this fear and confusion. So how come it's not evil to keep people in the dark?

Second of all, doesn't the truth set free? Everybody seems to want freedom so..?

Oh yeah and shoudn't we DENY ignorance?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

DISCLOSURE absolutely!

First of of all, it is because of being kept in the dark that is creating all this fear and confusion. So how come it's not evil to keep people in the dark?

Second of all, doesn't the truth set free? Everybody seems to want freedom so..?

I hope "They" are watching this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

DISCLOSURE absolutely!

Sure, being kept in the dark can create fear and confusion, but knowing about aliens would create even more fear and confusion. Keeping it secret is the lesser of two evils at this point.

Secondly, no, the truth does not necessarily set one free. The "truth" can be just as restricting and depressing as any "false" idea can be. The "truth" is for those who can handle it. And the fact of the matter is that most people would not be able to handle it. So, for the time being, it is best to keep it secret until we can be slowly desensitized to the idea and slowly come to accept it.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Illuminatus!]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

If I ever see a alien I will keep my mouth shut, for the well being of the human race. (If I figured out how they spy on us, like we do monkeys...I will keep my mouth shut.) lol It's too bad we are not evolved enough to handle such information.

If I ever see an alien, I hope to have the ability and presence of mind to take photos. I'd post here and possibly get shunted into the [hoax!] forum, and eventually get banished when my surly attitude and hurt indigination got the best of me, leading me to say ugly things to people who were my friends.

hmmmmmmmm. Maybe I'd sit on those photos for a while, but I wouldn't be able to help myself posting here, with or without photos.

sometimes, I guess, you just have to get it out.......

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus!

You know? This is incredible, but I"m not surprised. I am NEVER surprised about the predictability of humans. All this whining and bitching about the government covering up the truth, all that out of hypocricy.

I can see why. There's a lot of buzz about disclosure lately and when facing the the real possibility, the fear factor is really starting to kick in as predicted.

If this pole turns out to be in favor of "not ready", sites like this need to close down and so-called anti-government truthers need to STHU and go kiss the asses of their politicians.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Well, I was never really in favor of disclosure since I was a little kid. I'm not one of the hypocrites who said to release all the information about aliens, then got scared when it came down to being a possibility.

And what do you expect? Do you honestly think that people can handle knowing about alien creatures and our governments possibly being involved in covering it up/working with them? We can barely handle dealing with humans, and you want to reveal an entirely different sort of being into the mix? Tell me how you thought this could possibly be a good idea that wouldn't lead to a huge storm of fighting and chaos.

Also, disclosure is a relatively small issue. There is no reason that you cannot be against disclosure, but for taking down corrupt governments. They are similar, but very different issues.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have a stupid question

If the gov knows there are Aliens out there
and have been working with them for 50 yrs
why do they sink so much funding into
the SETI project??? Why not let it be
privately funded ???

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus!

Well, I was always an opened-mind individual since childhood. I never really thought that knowing the truth about life in our universe would be such a battle.
I do now realize that (after three decades of feeling like wasting my time) the majority cannot handle the truth. Regardless, truth just IS and you cannot postpone reality. I think it's just pathetic that humans turned out to be such fearful animals that would rather live in lies. I've always sense that something was wrong with us in this world.

However, there is hope if a few of us can handle such truth. I think the problem is mainly those who are afraid of loosing the grip they have on this planet (I’m not just talking about some shadow government here). They have tried to fabricate a world where they thought they could rule by plaguing it with fear and division, but it will all crumble. They see the eventuality and they are just trying to by time by making the masses think they are “not ready”.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well, I don't think it's exactly a lie that people can't handle it. They actually can't. People have a hard enough time these days handling people with minor differences in race, religion, nationality, etc. How do you think they would react with a being that came from an entirely different planet? Chances are, they would react a lot more violently than they do against each other right now. Then you have to take into account the xenophobia and all the side effects of that. It's not as simple as just telling people that aliens exist. Certain people will know the truth, and that is fine for now. Maybe one day disclosure will be a feasible thing and I hope that day comes in my lifetime. But for now, it is best that people remain in the dark on this topic and stick to their speculation/experiences.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus!

Well, I don't think it's exactly a lie that people can't handle it. They actually can't. People have a hard enough time these days handling people with minor differences in race, religion, nationality, etc. How do you think they would react with a being that came from an entirely different planet? Chances are, they would react a lot more violently than they do against each other right now. Then you have to take into account the xenophobia and all the side effects of that. It's not as simple as just telling people that aliens exist. Certain people will know the truth, and that is fine for now. Maybe one day disclosure will be a feasible thing and I hope that day comes in my lifetime. But for now, it is best that people remain in the dark on this topic and stick to their speculation/experiences.

I guess its best to keep people in the dark when it comes to technology and aliens.

I made this thread to get a answer if I should discuss one of my theories here that would wake people up.
I have theories that should not be shared as they would wake people up.

They are just theories but still I don't want someone to freak out.

Also I would not want 'Them" after me, if I WAS onto something.

I think it's "their" job to get people with theories to shut up.

I will keep what I learn about aliens and technology.

I keep what I learn to my self till "They" make the decision to have disclosure. I do feel that around 2012 "they" will let us humans in on something. What that is I don't know. 2012 will not be the end, it will be the beginning of something different.

Back to the questions.

Question 2. If there were a "secret government" working with aliens monitoring us..without us being chipped. Would you like to know about it, or have it stay in the dark? (What you don't know cant hurt you.) This is just for entertainment, only. But I would like to know the opinions of ATSERS on these two subjects.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Not a stupid question.

For the most part, www.seti.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">SETI was and is being privately funded. yes, there are some government grants, and funds via UC Berkeley, etc., but lion's share came from private foundations.

<< 1   >>

join