It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
History isn't researched. History is created.
And of course, like everything else this will be of no significance whatsoever to the experience of anybody...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by jackflap

While there is some great esoteric wisdom in the Bible,

As I've mentioned earlier, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And... those aha moments strewn through the Bible confuse the weak-minded into thinking it's all golden. Bible thumpers would likely accuse me of throwing the baby out with the bath water. But you see we now have this "cut and paste" thingee that is very handy.

Look I've got to get off the idioms before I throw the blind squirrel out with the bath water. I think there's something about that in Kosher law and I've got more than my share of guilt right now.

Oh and ditto on the excellent video Proto. That's almost too coincidental. Are you producing videos now?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Eat two slices of Eziekel Bread, say ten hail Marys and drop a twenty in the collection plate, and all will be forgiven.

See absolution isn't that hard to come by!

All better now!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hey guys what you talking about?

I want to know hwat you guys think about the twelve tribes? Thirteen sorry.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I want to type up an extract from Richard Billows' book, Julius Caesar: The Colossus of Rome. There is a question below the extract you could ponder once you're done reading...

On the evening of 14 March of the year 44, two of Rome's palatial aristocratic mansions were filled with important guests at sumptuous dinner parties. At the house of the great patrician Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, Caesar's magister equitum (second-in-command), an exceptionally distinguished group was gathered, including - besides Caesar himself and his closest associates like Oppius and Balbus - the alluring Egyptian queen Cleopatra, Caesar's friend and co-consul Marcus Antonius, and ironically Decimus Brutus, who was conspiring against Caesar. His position in the state no doubt required Caesar to attend many such dinner parties, though he was not really very much interested in food and drink. Being an extraordinarily busy man, he withdrew somewhat from the general conviviality, and passed the time reviewing state papers with his various secretaries and signing documents. Meanwhile the topic of conversation among the (presumably well-oiled) guests had turned to a discussion of the best kind of death. At this, in one of his disconcerting displays of his ability to fix his attention upon multiple matters at the same time, the seemingly distracted Caesar unexpectedly interposed his view: a sudden and unanticipated death was the most to be desired.

Ironically, the guest list at the other great dinner party, held at the home of praetor Caius Cassius Longinus to celebrate the fact that his son would, on the next day, assume the toga virilis - the symbolic rite of passage marking the young Roman's transition from childhood to manhood - was made up of many of those who were planning to assassinate Caesar, thereby giving him they very sort of death he expressed a preference for. The famous assassin Marcus Brutus was the most distinguished guest at the party. On the very next day, the Ides of March, Caesar was to get his wish - a sudden and unexpected death - at the hands of Cassius, Brutus and their co-conspirators.

While I was reading it hauntingly reminded me of the Last Supper... in which Jesus' eventual betrayer was at the 'party'. Junas Brutus (for Caesar) and Judas (for Christ). Longinus famously stabbed Jesus in the side while he was on his cross, Longinus was also one who stabbed Caesar.

Meh... food for thought. I was just looking at it all VERY vaguely, perhaps it deserves further examination, perhaps not.

[edit on 20/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Excellent thread! I finally got around to reading it. I read all your post on the story but not every post yet. So if this is a duplicate request then sorry.

I have studied some of this history and know some of it. However I would like to see a post of cites and how you came to some of these conclusions. Like for instance how do you know Caesar planned this in his exile and also that the Jews planned it to protect ther financial investments etc. Also how the Druids and Celts practised the original gnostic religion etc. I have heard this before but it has been my understanding this is mostly speculation as there is little or no evidence. Its been many years since I studied this typ of history so maybe some things have come to light since I dug into ot.

A list of cites and sources would be good for others to verify what you have pieced together here.

Having said that this is plausible and could explain why the majority of the dead sea scrolls have never been released. I wonder how the Essenes might fit into this because they may be the original Judean gnostic/kaballah masters, and since you feel Christ was fabricated it is interesting he supposedly came from this sect.

Also I have always known the Jesuits largely developed the fiat monetary system as we know it today and they were the supposed main translaters of the bible. So that fits in some where.

Also there is a great book written several years ago entitled "The united States is Still a British Colony" which seems to confirm some of what you have said, have you read it?: www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Any ways I will post more later...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

As I've mentioned earlier, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And... those aha moments strewn through the Bible confuse the weak-minded into thinking it's all golden.

So if it is in your opinion, not all golden, then is it to be disregarded? You must realize that many lives have been changed for the good because of the wisdom found in those pages. All knowledge is good knowledge when applied correctly. Again, you have to look deeply into yourself and see what it is that you want to get out of the Bible if you are going to search through it and try to learn.

Are you looking for absolution and forgiveness and if so, to what end and for what purpose? Are you trying to learn what it is that confounds so many about the everyday things in our lives and if so, to what end and for what purpose? Are you looking for why it is you may have this guilt and if it's even necessary for you to have it to begin with and if so, to what end and for what purpose?

Guilt is ourselves telling us something is wrong that has to be addressed and it is something that should not be taken lightly in my opinion. Sure, that guy in the article I mentioned professed to be a Christian and used the Bible as a shield against further public scrutiny. He's useless to his master and the public now. To err is human and to forgive is divine. To remove your guilt you must be able to forgive yourself and see why it is that the guilt was there in the first place.

I looked into that great philosopher Marcus that Proto has been quoting from and I found it very interesting that the Vatican has the only surviving manuscript of his works locked away in the Vatican library. We'll probably never know of some of his greatest works because of them.

It is not known how far Marcus' writings were circulated after his death. There are stray references in the ancient literature to the popularity of his precepts, and Julian the Apostate was well aware of Marcus' reputation as a philosopher, though he does not specifically mention the Meditations. The book itself, though mentioned in correspondence by Arethas of Caesarea in the 10th century and in the Byzantine Suda, was first published in 1558 in Zurich by Wilhelm Holzmann, from a manuscript copy that is now lost. The only other surviving complete copy of the manuscript is in the Vatican library.

en.wikipedia.org...

So let's see what I can dig up from him anyway because this guy was making very wise philosophical statements about our human condition well before the Church was established.

A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires. Marcus Aurelius

Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also. Marcus Aurelius

Dig within. Within is the wellspring of Good; and it is always ready to bubble up, if you just dig. Marcus Aurelius

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. Marcus Aurelius

I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than on the opinions of others. Marcus Aurelius

Let it be your constant method to look into the design of people's actions, and see what they would be at, as often as it is practicable; and to make this custom the more significant, practice it first upon yourself. Marcus Aurelius

Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil. Marcus Aurelius

www.brainyquote.com...

This guy was well beyond his time I would say. He really nailed down a lot of what confounds us in my opinion. This is all good advice and I believe that even Jesus would agree with that. I cannot say enough times that you must realize what it is that you want to manifest in this world is the key in my humble opinion.

Edited to fix quote tags.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
While I'm thinking about it, I just wanted to add an intriguing thought that came to my mind shortly after making my last post. We're still alive. There's a reason for that. Oh, they've tried and are still trying to get me out of the way I believe, but hey I'm still alive. Think about it. It's time for a little musical intermission.

Is something wrong, she said. Well of course there is. You're still alive, she said Oh, and do I deserve to be? Is that the question? And if so...if so...who answers...who answers... I, oh, I'm still alive

I had to edit and bring this video in as well. There is too much to be said in these lyrics to leave them out of the current discussion. Oh man, I love this song.

Red lights, green lights, stop 'n go jive. Headlines, deadlines jammin' your mind. You been stealin' shots from the side. Let your feelin's go for a ride. There's danger out tonight..the man is on the prowl. Get the dynamite...the boys are set to prowl. Lonely is the night when you hear the voices call. Are you ready for a fight--do you wanna take it all?

Showtime, no time for changin' your mind. Streets are ringin', march to the sound. Let your secrets follow you down. Somebody's watchin' you baby--show em' what you can do. Nobody's stoppin' you baby, from makin' it too.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There have been a few different Census Threads pop up in the past couple days as more members begin encountering census workers at their doors, so I went ahead and posted a Census thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will get back to the recent posts on this thread and post replies shortly.

Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

As I've mentioned earlier, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And... those aha moments strewn through the Bible confuse the weak-minded into thinking it's all golden.

So if it is in your opinion, not all golden, then is it to be disregarded? You must realize that many lives have been changed for the good because of the wisdom found in those pages. All knowledge is good knowledge when applied correctly. Again, you have to look deeply into yourself and see what it is that you want to get out of the Bible if you are going to search through it and try to learn.

Jack, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I mentioned having "guilt". Just having a little fun at my own expense. And just in case, old Padre Proto gave me absolution a post or two ago. And not for nuthin' there Padre, but that Ezekiel Bread will keep you regular! (Did I type that out loud?
)

Anyway Jack, I'm only bringing up the Bible here in that I believe that Rome wrote, borrowed, selected, what have you, to produce and publish it. If I look into it at all, it's only to get satisfaction from finding more evidence that my assumptions are correct. And I typically don't have to look long or hard. I apply the knowledge I find correctly. It's just not what you go there to find.

I appreciate your concern. I respect your thoughts and beliefs. My best friend fights for me to accept salvation by "the grace of God" at every opportunity. Your writing reminds me very much of him. You are not alone in trying to convince me. I am satisfied being true to myself. I will not hesitate to seek you out for your help in matters both spiritual and Biblical. I know there are and were other books, they just didn't have the same publishing house. Rome was the publisher, Josephus and/or the Piso family were the authors and Jesus of Nazareth was their character. Just my opinion.

My sincere thanks to you my friend.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Hey guys what you talking about?

I want to know hwat you guys think about the twelve tribes? Thirteen sorry.

Hey 12.21.12! I think you would dig this thread if you read it from the start. There's a lot on the Caesars that would interest you. I know you have some thoughts on that. This is discussing Rome and all things Roman. Well worth the time IMO.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Jack, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I mentioned having "guilt". Just having a little fun at my own expense. And just in case, old Padre Proto gave me absolution a post or two ago. And not for nuthin' there Padre, but that Ezekiel Bread will keep you regular!

Gotcha. I was concerned about your well being is all. I'm glad that you are well. Anyway, Proto had me doing cartwheels and singing London Bridges for absolution and I felt that your eating Ezekiel Bread just wasn't cutting it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

America remains as the key domino to make it all fall down . not likely going to happen . no matter who you elect they are pre- appointed to lead you all astray towards their globalization.remember bush to obama think on it a moron to an uppity social climber by their standards . remember the first was a war monger obama is stuck with another snafu compliments of another bush ,like father like son both started a war that could never be won because they had no intent to win . remember mother Russia tried to fight Afghanistan and they got their behinds handed to them,with the AMERICAN SUPPLIED WEAPONS,now those same weapons are being used on the soldiers that we all send over.
I GUESS THE MOVIE THE GOD OF WAR WAS NOT FAR OFF OF THE American INTERFERENCE ONCE AGAIN -ARMS DEALERS-.
INTERESTING THOUGHT HOW DO YOU FIGHT AN ENEMY THAT WEARS NO UNIFORM -GHOSTS.you can`t tell the enemy from the friendlies.

so how do they get everyone to fall into line . let us see collapse the banks and markets .suck everyone into buying gold and silver at inflated prices then lower the boom again.keep loaning all the cash that the governments want need wish and desire knowing full well that they can never repay it nor can the people.then BOOM call in their national debt for non payment ,ops you can`t pay and we own you and your nation and where are you the people broke once again .
ps the us governmental debt on all levels is many billions of dollars and there is not that much money in the world but is all real on imaginary paper -FORGERY,FRAUD FALSE PRETENSES AND SO ON - but it is legal because their law makers say so and they will uphold the law for the worlds banks and not for anyone else as they own your debt along with every other country out here.
America will topple nothing as their hands are tied as much as everyone else s are .but then too American paranoia over their being the best of the best has cost them everything as their great war machine comes before everything else.there is the biggest expenditure for you people and the paranoid leaders brought it on all by themselves along with all of us that paid for and supported their madness and insanity.
remember money is the root of all evil ,but money is how the evil controls you all . hi ho hi ho it is off to work we go for bills need to be paid plus plus plus .

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Did you happen to get your information for this post from this source ?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake

No it looks like another case of Proto being plagerized.

I sure do get republished by a lot of people.

Thanks for alerting me to that my friend.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake

I have written the site (the third to republish without my permission) and to ask them they site ATS and me as the source per ATS's plagerism policy, and alerted ATS to it as well.

It's kind of disturbing because I notice this site sells publications and I sincerely hope they aren't selling mine.

Thanks again my friend.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is sad, I was reading through and they provide no links or sources as far as I can see, isn't that called plagiarism?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes it is and worse still I followed up just now on the last site that plagerized the work and even after the site owner assured me he would remove his name from it, and attribute me and ATS almost a month later he hasn't.

Wemustknow.net

Not only that when I checked out the articles on this site, almost every last one had been lifted from ATS!

He even wrote back saying this when I confronted him on it:

Sorry mate ,

I forgot to do that I definetly would do it. All credits go to you, and your magnificent thread. May I use your real name or your alias.
Great post. Of course you are right, I did not had the time to add the credits to you. Read some of the other posts you will notice if it are not my posts it is always credited.

Blessings,
Koen

Yet 26 days later he still hasn't changed it and he is still plageriazing ATS members like a mad man.

I am always happy to have other people republish my work, but it gets rediculous having to deal with accusations of having stolen your own work because people who have stolen it won't properly source and cite it.

Very frustrating to be honest my friend.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It mentions, down at the very bottom, where he got it from, but there is still the obfuscation of this by having " By Koen ....." at the top. Not good form.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I did enjoy reading this, and I have formulated an opinion about this topic! The amount of time it would take to research this topic must have been tremendous. However, my question to proto, how come you don't have a web site? It seems to me this is nothing more than a copy and paste! I would love to be wrong, however, I have been to hothsnakes web page and there is a plethra of info, however when he comments on a topic he does not post his entire web page on a forum, he gives a link back to his page!

Anyways if I am wrong proto, you have my deepest apologies, however with this knowledge I would love to visit your web page for more information regarding all roads lead to Rome!

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join