It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Is This? Calling All CryptoZoologists!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I think they bottled that dragon up.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm no expert or anything just posting my guess but to me it kinda looks like a giant turtle with whos shell has been ripped off, anyone else get that?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oh globsters, how sad it is that more often then not you're nothing more then a mass of whale blubber or a decomposing basking shark.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Looks like a clay sculpture to me. Don't get me wrong. I do believe there are some strange creatures that are popping up around the world, particularly in our oceans and seas, but I don't think this is one of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sadly, with as much gunk as we've dumped into the oceans, and only having explored a mere 10% at best of the ocean depths, there really is no telling what lies deep below.

For all we know, Cuthulu had some phlegm he had to get rid of.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Sadly, with as much gunk as we've dumped into the oceans, and only having explored a mere 10% at best of the ocean depths, there really is no telling what lies deep below.

Thats exactly what I say, they are discovering new species of marine life all the time... we dont have access to the huge depth of the ocean yet... so who knows what lies down there

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Some of the replies so far seem to put more stock on the "descriptions" given with the photos, than the actual photos themselves.

Lets be honest, we ALL know that the photo should be looked at seperatly, as most of the time the comments with pics are ludicrous - much like these ones. Where is the proof that "scientists are baffled" for a start?

This was debunked years ago, its a decomposing whale carcass. Carcasses can look very strange but thats what it is. If my PC wasnt going so slow right now I'd dig the old threads up on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
How people here can say it's shark-whale?? Based in what exactly, once the pics provided by Pravda don't show the creature, entirely?? By these angles, nobody can see f*ck, so why jump to conclusions?? WTF??

[edit on 21-2-2010 by ucalien]

Well you're not about to win any friends by your good grammer or mild language are you? sit down and take a couple more valium there buddy.
No one said it's a shark-whale.
If you care to pay more attention the reference was to a whale shark, a species that actually exists as opposed to to your mythical shark-whale. So before you start ranting and swearing why not get your facts straight first and pay better attention to what is being said if you ever want to be taken seriously.
By the way... it's just a decomposing whale.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
My guess is it's a decomposed hump back whale.
There are various states of decomposition so depending on how long it's been there it could look very different from one stage to the next.

The fin picture and the lines running down the length of the blubber look like those found on a humpback whale.

fascinatingly.com...

We have a winner!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's a baleen whale. Here are some other pictures of a couple confirmed baleen whales.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Any "scientist" worth his salt would carve off a tissue sample and tell you what the thing was within a couple of days.

If it had "paws," which isn't apparent in the photos at all, any zoologist could denude it of tissue, examine the skeletal structure of the "paw" and positively identify it on the spot.

Of course, if it's a whale shark or basking shark, it doesn't have a skeletal structure.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

yeah they do look a lot alike, star and flag from me

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
These images also appeared on Cryptomundo some three years or so ago and discussed here.

The biggest problem here is that only a selected few photographs are shown. If we look at the images NOT included on Pravda (and Cryptomundo) the answer is very obvious.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't what that thing is, but i find it hard to believe it's a whale! It's also scary-looking...

For those "scientists" out here, can you please enlighten us on why you would makes such a claim??????

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't know, curious to find out but immediately this jumped out from the link you provided.

A sheep born with a human face english.pravda.ru...

Hmmmm..... fellows?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Wow That Pravda sure gets good pics! I like the mutant horseshoe crab, but that human face thingy looks photoshoped to me.
As for the other pics...I was trying to eat lunch...

Decomposing whale wasn't all that good of a dinner date.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I don't know, curious to find out but immediately this jumped out from the link you provided.

A sheep born with a human face english.pravda.ru...

Hmmmm..... fellows?

Yeah.. the pig was discussed here as well, it had a similar disfigurement.
it's a pig with a disfigurement.
At this point in time, I don't remember what the name of the defect is called, but it pops up occasionally in animals... I think it's a form of cyclopia, like the cyclops kitten.
Doesn't really look much like a human face, to me, though.

As for the topic... it's a whale.
The news source is poor, it's just a decaying whale.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just a theory; as massive amounts of ice shelves break off of Antarctica, and other deep ice thaws in other places in the world, I fully expect some long frozen mystery creatures to pop up in the oceans as they then began a decomposition.

Maybe 30 years ago, a group of explorers discovered a body laying precariously on an ice shelf, about to be pulled into the arctic sea. They could see that it was some sort of native or tribesman, only he was clothed like a human would have been in pre history. They could not get to him. It was too dangerous. They called for a helicopter, to help gather the remains. No luck, the winds were too fierce. So they watched as slowly but surely the tides eventually pulled him off the edge into deep sea oblivion. It was a loss to Archaeology and History.

They have found frozen Mastodons in Russia, and of course Otzi in the Alps.

There are going to more things that are released from their icy time capsules as the things melt away.

This thing could be one of them...

I read with some skepticism a while back about tunnel miners in the UK during WW2 coming across a large pitch black egg in layers of oil shale that would have meant it was there before the shale formed, making it literally millions of years old. The story went, that they carefully removed it intact, and brought up to the surface. By accident, it was either bumped or dropped, and cracked in half. Out of the egg oozed a thick inky substance, along with some creature that gave out a cry and began to move. Alarmed by both the stench of this thing, and the fact something was alive in it, a policeman or Military person shot it. The news about it was sensational, but the government decided to call it a non event. But I wonder, if there was some fact based in it, as fantastic as it may sound.

I have tried to refind the story, without any luck.

Same for the story shown in the London Illustrated News about British Archaeologists finding a solid silver sarcophagus of a long lost unknown Egyptian Royal just as WW2 was breaking out, in an until then undiscovered tomb.
Pictures showed them opening it, and it contained a complete well preserved mummy, encrusted with jewels. This was supposed to be the only known solid silver Sarcophagus ever found...so where is it? Who was the unknown Royal, and what happened to the mummy?
Methinks I smell a hoax., although a 70 year old. The London Illustrated News is in our local library History section, and those magazines have some of the craziest stuff in them.

I would agree that DNA testing of this blob, would help clear up what it was.
It must smell something awful.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Gotta be a decomposing whale... theres been lots of precidents to decomposing whales looking like strange beasts with long necks and even legs.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First of all nice pics, great find
I want to end all this pointless re-posting of the sentence "It's a decomposing Whale"
Did you even look at the descriptions under the pix?
It clearly states that the carcass has FURR and FOUR fins
now lets take a deep breath and start comparing the different types of whales we know that have fur and four fins....
seriously guys...

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery]

<< 1    3 >>

join