It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In My Image

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The anti-woman rage in this thread really worries me. In my experience, the people who call women she-devils are the only ones who have a real problem with women. I wonder if there's a connection there?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

You mean this.

Then man has spend have of his time having a nightmare
There are a lot of she devils around you know.
None the less the idea a perfect image would be the cause for imperfection.
Sound a little far fetched to me. But ho am I.

It was a reaction to this.

When the woman was 'built up' (man was 'formed') it was in his "deep sleep" which is REM or dreamstate, so apparently it was the mans' image (imagination) which she was prepared in.

Was the sarcasm not obvious ?
If it was not , next time I write it down with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by spy66

Yeah that's very intelligently explained. Stars and flags for your intelligence. I bet you look in the mirror and say thank you god for giving me this brain to go along with this face.

I actually look in the mirror and understand that my image is a result of my father and my mother copulating. I don't ever look in the mirror and thank an imaginary man in the sky for anything.

edit to fix quote

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Blanca Rose]

We dont believe God is a imaginary man in the sky, like you like to believe.

If you are on ATS to deny ignorance. You would know better then to think that God is a invisible man. God Can't be a Man. Every one should know that...... even you.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Male Female "GOD" issue stems from the translation of Ancient languages with Masculine (transmittive) and Feminine (receptive) forms of speech, NOT that "GOD" is 'a man' (save only "Jesus") and the "Holy Spirit" is 'a woman' (save only "the church"), but that the gender based writing the message is couched in brought about this view.

IT would be a good translation rather than "He Him His" but then 'it' would seem detached and unrelatable in our thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join