It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In My Image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was reading this book and it was talking about how God was the beggining of all life and how "God made man and (angels) in his image."
Well ok that makes sense, but then there's the question where did woman get her image from?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's an observation... we're made in his image, scary part about that, show me one human that is perfect, so if we're in his image, logically (haha) it should mean that "G" is as well imperfect, that would explain A LOT.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Genesis
1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
Genesis
1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

I know several theories going from multi personality disorder to aliens.

Where is it you're pointing to ?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Could the image God created us in be our creative mind?

God has a independent mind. And so do we.

God is pure energy. We are a specific combination of energies. If we with our specific combination have a thinking mind. That would mean Infinite energy would have the same. A thinking mind.

You cant just have a specific combination of energy with a thinking mind (humans), without infinite energy (God) having the same abilities. Get it?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I know several theories going from multi personality disorder to aliens.

Where is it you're pointing to ?

In the Hebrew where is says God here it says "powers".
The Lord was creating with the Angels and Christ.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUserz

Well now, let's see, if man got his image from God, that must mean woman got her image from Mrs. God.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Uberl33t

An image is an imperfect rendering of something else; a photograph of Audrey Hepburn is not as amazing as Audrey Hepburn herself, and so if we really are made in God's Image, we are not as amazing as him.

TheUserz

Genesis indirectly answers your question: woman is made in man's image in the rib story. Messed up as that is, it's what the rib story has to entail. Now you see part of Western Religions' excuses for keepin' women down. As God is to Man, Man is to God. Just one more reason I'm not a christian.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Well now, let's see, if man got his image from God, that must mean woman got her image from Mrs. God.

Yeah that's very intelligently explained. Stars and flags for your intelligence. I bet you look in the mirror and say thank you god for giving me this brain to go along with this face.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The Devil, of course.

At least that's how I see it...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Here's an observation... we're made in his image, scary part about that, show me one human that is perfect, so if we're in his image, logically (haha) it should mean that "G" is as well imperfect, that would explain A LOT.

The one you call "God" is Perfect in the absolute! Flawless, forever and ever in harmony! God is All that is!

We are All that is having a Human experience!

Beware the dualities of this world!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUserz
I was reading this book and it was talking about how God was the beggining of all life and how "God made man and (angels) in his image."
Well ok that makes sense, but then there's the question where did woman get her image from?

When it is written "Man" it generally means male and female, whole mankind.

Mankind means all humans right? Male and female.
We would not say all of "Womankind" right?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH

Originally posted by UberL33t

The one you call "God" is Perfect in the absolute! Flawless, forever and ever in harmony! God is All that is!

We are All that is having a Human experience!

Beware the dualities of this world!

I cannot tell what you are saying and I'm not sure anyone can. Could you explain it better, and what it has to do with the image of God?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Yeah that's very intelligently explained. Stars and flags for your intelligence. I bet you look in the mirror and say thank you god for giving me this brain to go along with this face.

I actually look in the mirror and understand that my image is a result of my father and my mother copulating. I don't ever look in the mirror and thank an imaginary man in the sky for anything.

edit to fix quote

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

How less complex can I explain in words?!!

We are EVERYTHING!

In Lak'ech

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I actually look in the mirror and understand that my image is a result of my father and my mother copulating. I don't ever look in the mirror and thank an imaginary man in the sky for anything.

The thought of my parents copulating brings shivers threw my spine.

I'm with you on this it was not a nice reply !
Yours well'...

On Topic

How are we seeing this now. Is god energy and are our minds & soul in his image or Is it time to except there is no boundary between good and evil. God would then not be righteous or only loving .

There are a lot of people that rather kill themselves then face either one these as a truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Let's keep this as simple as possible:

1. Man was made in God's image. He was alone. Then God made Woman from the man. The Woman did not know God's guidance.

2. The Man lied to the Woman, and told her that if she touched the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil that she would die.

3. The serpent demonstrated and told the woman that she would not surely die.

4. The woman saw that the Man had lied about his guidance from God, and made a choice to believe the serpent, which was obviously telling the truth, as it was not dying as it was likely touching the fruit.

5. The man and woman then fell from immortality.

6. The descendents of the man and woman were then made in the image of the fallen man and woman, and therefore die. Man today is not made in the image of God, but in the image of fallen man.

Got it?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
When the woman was 'built up' (man was 'formed') it was in his "deep sleep" which is REM or dreamstate, so apparently it was the mans' image (imagination) which she was prepared in.

[edit on 2010/2/21 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Then man has spend have of his time having a nightmare

There are a lot of she devils around you know.
None the less the idea a perfect image would be the cause for imperfection.
Sound a little far fetched to me. But ho am I.

@ Jim Scot.

6. The descendants of the man and woman were then made in the image of the fallen man and woman, and therefore die. Man today is not made in the image of God, but in the image of fallen man.

Where did you come up with this ?
There is never said they were re build. They learned the to understand good and evil.

Or are you also writing symbolic ?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

TheUserz says:

What is implied in the OP's question is that god is a dude and he looks like a dude. In other words, "god made man in his image" is taken literally.
Blanca Rose's reply makes perfect sense in this context; why wouldn't god be married? After all, marriage is a strong element in Christianity.

PS: I hope you find the scoundrel who crapped in your breakfast this morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join