It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing picture posted on 4chan. Werewolf?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have tracked down what may be the photo's original background story, posted on March 13th, 2008:

socialtech.ca...
socialtech.ca...
socialtech.ca...

Apparently the 'wolf' was not seen by the photographer, or any of the other people:

This wolf picture incident has just been crazy! It’s spreading around like wildfire! For sure you can use the pic if you’d like. The story behind it is pretty ridiculous. I was visiting my brother, niece and my niece’s mother with my mom in Courtenay, BC. Me, my mom, XXXX and XXXX went for a hike at Seal Bay Park. This picture was taken at the end of the walk…me, XXXX and XXXX were inspecting some really cool butter mushrooms on a mossy log. My mom decided to take a picture, but she’s not very good at it, so it came out totally off center (imagine if she was actually good at taking pictures- we never would have even seen it!!!). We didn’t notice anything at the time, and the “wolf” wasn’t even noticed until after getting home, and my mom had put the pictures on the computer. She didn’t even notice at first, but my other brother was like “what the hell is that??!!”. So, yeah. I don’t even know if it is a wolf, but there were no dogs or anything! around. It’s just a pretty creepy picture- that’s all I know! And it was actually my mom who took the picture (I’m in it- in the gray jacket), so credit for the photo isn’t necessary. Well, that’s my story!

In my opinion, the image is photo-shopped - and it's the animal's legs that give it away. It appears as if the animal, I assume a dog, is actually running away from the people.

I'll post up a deconstruction of the picture in a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Fake?!

Have you ever seen eg. a cat picture where the eyes are two glowing circles of light? If not, you must be very very young and inexperienced in life. Not that i am old but still....

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
LOL...that picture totally fake and is funny as heck !!! It could have been better if the ladies and girl were dressed in red like "Little Red Riding-Hood", but the glowing eyes are just as funny !!! S&F for humor !!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I agree.. Its a dog that was with them walking..

I ran it through photoshop and it does appear to have been there
at the time of the picture..

feels more like a trotting dog rather than a snarling, charging werewolf..

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1) The dog does appear to be bounding away from the photographer. I have highlighted what appear to be rear feet, one which is in full view. The front paw is triangular in shape, which is what I would expect.

2) The dog's muzzle appears to be from another image. The light brown contrast is inconsistent when compared with the rest of the dog's dark fur. You can even see the outline of the area that was copied.

Have you ever seen eg. a cat picture where the eyes are two glowing circles of light? If not, you must be very very young and inexperienced in life. Not that i am old but still....

Can you explain why the flash, which must be considerably bright to illuminate the animal's eyes, is not visible on the people's clothes, or anywhere else for that matter? My answer, the flash never fired - the top half of the dog, eyes and all, is fake.

[edit on 8/2/10 by JH80]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As a fellow lurker of 4chan, I can say without even looking at the image its Shooped, seriously man. the smudging on the wolfs back legs looks fake as all get out, and as the poster above me stated, the flash didn't even cast a shadow for the people crouching there.

Fake
fake
and double fake.

inb4 fake.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Someone has to do it.

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I must say, this must be one of the most spectacular fakes ever posted on the internet. Also, for those who say that the trail abruptly ends to the left, you can see that it curves to the right and becomes hidden by the trees. As for the woman who is facing the wolf/dog, she is obviously examining something on the ground, as are the other two people.

But, by looking at the wolf/dog's face, I can't tell if the mouth is open displaying the teeth, or if the fur is just white around the muzzle.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xammu

idk i think its fake but i wanna know who that pretty lady is

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You really shouldn't take anything you find on those boards serious. Absolutely everything is a work of fiction or a shoop. Makes for some really interesting things sometimes though.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JH80

Good call on the dogs body being reversed! I swear I can see the foot pads of a rear paw on what is supposed to be the front paw. Fake.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xammu

Dude first off i know everyones saying its a fake but even if its real it just looks like a normal dog/wolf and secondly i really don't see how this picture is disturbing?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Don't believe anything from 4chan

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The photo is a bad fake. Obvious. I still wonder what kind of ego-boost people get from faking these potos.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasc83

Yeah totally! i really dont get why people waste their time making fake pictures or making up haox storys what's the point? i mean surely they have something better they could do with their spare time?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
In terms of the eyes...

en.wikipedia.org...

The tapetum lucidum (Latin: "bright tapestry", plural tapeta lucida)[1] is a layer of tissue in the eye of many vertebrate animals, that lies immediately behind or sometimes within the retina. It reflects visible light back through the retina, increasing the light available to the photoreceptors.

... Eyeshine is a visible effect of the tapetum lucidum. When a light is shined into the eye of an animal having a tapetum lucidum, the pupil appears to glow. Eyeshine can be seen in many animals, in nature and in flash photographs.

... yellow eyeshine occurs in mammals such as cats, dogs, and raccoons.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
whoa whoa

rules #1 and #2 dude

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This looks like a shoop.

I can tell by the pixels and seeing quite a few shoops in my day.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I don't think its photoshopped. I think its just a picture with a wolf in the backround.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes, the "glowing" eyes are typical of flash photography. However the lightning in this pic is to uniform, i.e. I don't think a flash was used here. Thus the obvious conclusion is that the "wolf" was photochopped in...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join