It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians worship the God of the Hebrews?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

Why do Christians worship the God of the Hebrews?

Probably for the same reason the mormons do.

It's easier to take somebody else's religious books and staple yours on top of theirs, converting from their base of followers by speaking to the in familiar terms, rather than starting your own from scratch.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pretty easy to answer read the new testament bro. Jews are no longer Gods people and Jesus got all messed up so you could be as good as them Jewish foke.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am responding again after looking at your question again and giving it a bit more thought...
The scripture you quote, and any scripture if taken out of context, can look harsh... realize that after studying the scripture that the Egyptians the Hebrews were spoiling had enslaved them for about 400years. The very Egyptians that had been saved and made rich by the dream interpretations of Joseph the Hebrew.
Another example of God's brutality explained would be the Battle of Jericho, where Joshua was ordered by God to kill every man, woman, and child in the city. Sounds troubling until you realize that Jericho was one of three cities in Canaan that were inhabited by Nephillium...a hybrid mix of fallen angels(demons) and man... Balbaak was another city of giants/nephillium. This was to preserve the purity of man's lineage/genetics. This was one of the main reasons for the flood of Noah...look back to Genesis 6...then read of Noah...in the King James Translation it says Noah was perfect in his generations..his lineage...his DNA.
The point I am trying to make is that unless we consider the historiical,literal, symbolic, and metaphorical contexts..we may miss the meaning of scripture.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

The Jews/Hebrews are still God's people..will be right upto the end. But God accepts all people..the Jews are his chosen. In Revelation of John, John sees the Hebrews/Jews up in heaven...symbolized by the 144,000...and a vast number too numerous to count...as grains of sand on the beach... that is the Gentiles(you and me) that accepted God and Christ.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Because Hebrews were the ones whom believed in Him. And later came Christians and now he cares about all his believers as he always has. durrrrrr

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I am responding again after looking at your question again and giving it a bit more thought...
The scripture you quote, and any scripture if taken out of context, can look harsh... realize that after studying the scripture that the Egyptians the Hebrews were spoiling had enslaved them for about 400years. The very Egyptians that had been saved and made rich by the dream interpretations of Joseph the Hebrew.
Another example of God's brutality explained would be the Battle of Jericho, where Joshua was ordered by God to kill every man, woman, and child in the city. Sounds troubling until you realize that Jericho was one of three cities in Canaan that were inhabited by Nephillium...a hybrid mix of fallen angels(demons) and man... Balbaak was another city of giants/nephillium. This was to preserve the purity of man's lineage/genetics. This was one of the main reasons for the flood of Noah...look back to Genesis 6...then read of Noah...in the King James Translation it says Noah was perfect in his generations..his lineage...his DNA.
The point I am trying to make is that unless we consider the historiical,literal, symbolic, and metaphorical contexts..we may miss the meaning of scripture.

Yes we are in the same battle now but the names have changed.

Nephilim are now grey's, repilians or nordics etc.
The 'Sons of God' choosing of wives of Gen 6: are now called 'alien abductions'.
Baal sacrifices are now called 'cattle mutilations'.
Moon and Mars gods are now called UFO's.

[edit on 8/2/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Wrong, Jews are no longer God's people after rejecting Jesus.

"I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people [Gentiles] who will produce its fruit" Matthew. 21:43.

"He will come and destroy these vine-growers [Jews] and will give the vineyard to others [Gentiles]." Luke 20:19

quick shot off the hip, but you should also look in to baptism.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You are a follower of Christ. Are you not ?

You're answers betray you.

[edit on 7/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I think you have asked a very important question, but there is a flaw in the question itself. There is no monolithic body called "the Christians". Even the largest group of Christians -- the Roman Catholic Communion -- has all sorts of variety within itself. Each Church, each denomination, each sect -- all have different ways of answering your question.

Perhaps you would get better perspectives on your question by making an appointment and visiting with a priest, or pastor or associate minister. Larger churches will have multiple staff, and in mainstream Protestant churches there is often a "Minister of Christian Education" -- or some variation on that title -- who may be clergy or a lay person -- who would be more than able to explore that question with you. In a Roman Catholic Church there may be a religious Sister or Brother who is in charge of the parish's education programmes. Sometimes that person is a lay person.

I have gone to ask many different questions of ministers and priests in my many years, and I always learned something valuable. (And in some cases I learnt 'Don't ever come here again!
) I have developed a good friendship with a young woman who is a Methodist minister in the States. I respect her training, and she respects both my age and my questions. She is a hospice minister, and if you have end of life questions there is no one better.

If you are interested in scholarship, then I recommend reading works by Margaret Barker, D.D. She is an English Methodist lay preacher who was awarded her doctorate by the Archbishop of Canterbury -- a very rare honour. She has seriously upset the apple cart for some folk. I think she is a genius. Perhaps this book on the Prophet Enoch is as good a place as any to begin with her scholarship.

My short and sweet answer is that Christians worship the God of the Hebrews because they follow the teaching and witness of Jesus, Son of Mary, who was born and raised as a faithful Jew of his time period. You need to remember that there have been many different paths taken by the people called 'Israel'. and most of the Christian groups today believe that Jesus came to preach to his own people first but was rejected by the religio-political authorities of his day. After his death and resurrection and a few interesting events the mission to the non-Jews arose ... as it had been foreshadowed in the three wise men who came to bring him gifts as the new King.

I hope that in the midst of so many differing opinions that you will come closer to discerning the answers to your questions.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mesionic Jews believe in Christ.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74

They do indeed...and it was foretold that a remnant would.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I may lay down some of my speculative pseudoscience. I do believe that the Jews were Gods people, and have a genetic code that lines them up for success. They are the only people that are stereotyped as successful people. However, God no longer protects them as he once did.

Please no one hammer at me for beiliving in what you consider mythology.

GOD BLESS CHRISTIANS, NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Who would think any thing with the word Messianic would have anything to do with Jesus

Lots of Jews believe in Christ as the the father. In fact there's an organization called Jews for Jesus that spends alot of money spreading fear and doomsday theories. I'm surprised people don't use it as a source on this site.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just to lay something really heavy on your real quick..

The God featured in the Islam religion is also the God of Abraham.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
.......The God of the Hebrews doesn't care about any other people except the Hebrews. ......

My friend, you ask a poignant question....

Please look into GENEALOGY....

The FATHER needed to preserve a JEWISH heritage...even from an finite perspectice, as a 'racist'... to bring us TLJC...His Son, who HAD TO BE HUMAN...

TO SAVE ALL!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lophe

Who would think any thing with the word Messianic would have anything to do with Jesus

Lots of Jews believe in Christ as the the father. In fact there's an organization called Jews for Jesus that spends alot of money spreading fear and doomsday theories. I'm surprised people don't use it as a source on this site.

In a sense they are right on the basis of the following text...

"No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known." John 1:18

Which means that ever manifestation of God in the OT was 'the Son'...
...and all we can know about the Father has been revealed through Him.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I dig.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Originally the Bible was just for the Israelites, later on other nations started reading it to see their judgment in the prophecies, then later on came Islam from the Arabs , Judaism from the Khazars and Christianity from the Israelites in the middle ages which was later hijacked with new Edomite ruled Vatican during the Renaissance.
Then came the Masons who were smart enough to realize God isn't saving them, which goes all the way back to Esau and Jacob, so they started milking the world for everything it's worth.

2 Esdras 6:9 For Esau is the end of the world, and Jacob is the beginning of it that followeth.

Job 9:24
The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?

The corrupt Vatican over the years were able to trick people into thinking they can and need to be saved by the God of Israel by Iconoclasm so now everyone thinks they can be spiritual Israelites.
The real Israelites are still in captivity.

Biblical Races Today.

12 Tribes of Israel
JUDAH-so-called Negros (North American Blacks)
BENJAMIN-so-called West Indians (Caribbean Blacks)
LEVI-so-called Haitians
SIMEON-so-called Dominicans
ZEBULON-so-called Guatemala to Panama
EPHRAIM-so-called Puerto Ricans
MANASSEH-so-called Cubans
GAD-so-called Native-American Indians
REUBEN-so-called Seminole Indians
NAPTHALI-so-called Argentina/Chile
ASHER-so-called Columbia/Uruguay
ISSACHAR-so-called Mexicans

NATIONS

1.INDIA = IYALAM = ELAM
2.ASSYRIA = AHSHAWAR = ASSHUR
3.SYRIA = AHRAM = ARAM
4.ARABS = YASHAMIAHLA = ISHMAEL
5.CHINESE = MAWAAHBA = MOAB
6.JAPANESE = IMAWAN = AMMON
7.CAUCASIANS = AHDAWAM = EDOM
8.ISRAEL = YASHARAHLA = 12 TRIBES
9.ETHIOPIANS = KAWASH = CUSH
10.EGYPTIANS = MATAZARYAM = MIZRAIM
11.NORTH AFRICA = PAWAT = PHUT
12.SOUTH AFRICANS = KANAIN = CANAAN= UNKNOWN
13.TURKEY = GAMAR = GOMER
14.RUSSIAN = MAGAWAG = MAGOG
15.GREEK = YAWAN = JAVAN
16.GERMAN = ASHKANAZ = ASHKENAZ
17.SPANISH = THARASHYASH = TARSHISH
18.CYPRUS = KATHAYAM = KITTIM
19.AMELEK = KHAZAR SO CALLED JEWS

(Important Note: Japhet today would be known as the Hawaiians, Philippinos, Indonesians, Polynesians, Eskimos, Malaysians Aboriginals and Natives of New Guinea. So the Germans, Russians, Spanish, Turkey, ect list above which are Edomites living there today are not there original names, the Edomites took over there lands and pushed them out and took there names, example whites moving to south Africa calling themselves South African.)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lophe

Just to lay something really heavy on your real quick..

The God featured in the Islam religion is also the God of Abraham.

Not really.

Islam accepts the OT scriptures because it arose from an Arab background...
...and Islamic traditions consider Ishmael as the ancestor of northern Arab people...
...which may actually be sort of correct...
...but Islam did not arise in OT times...
...but originated with the prophet Muhammad 570 – 632.

The God of Islam is the moon God Allah.

[edit on 7/2/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Trying to have a serious conversation (for once) on something I believe in. Thanks for the input any ways.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join