It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Has anybody ever thought its a new technique that the MSM are trying out on the masses to understand if the masses are actually daft enough to fall for their evil, manipulative mind influence techniques. Plus its also a bonus for the editor's to actually walk away with a slap on their hand for exposing lies to the public.

Or the replaced actor's/actresses could just be reptillians?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
But only some people remember things that way. Other people do not have the same memories.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i remember elizabeth taylor dying from a chicken bone...now she's getting married for the 9th time...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

There is a story here about the chicken bone:

www.mentalfloss.com...

As for the marriage rumors:

entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"Jack Lalanne is Dead!" is what I was told as FACT over the weakend by a friend. We were having dinnner at an older freinds house, and living long and healthy became one of the subjects of conversation. I brought up Jack as an amazing example of long life from good health and excercise. "Jack Lalanne is dead, he died just last year...didn't you hear about it?" so said she, myself and another individual suggested if he was dead than that would have been real news...and we had not heard anything about it...
She was positive though....so I had to look it up...Wiki don't have anything on him since 2009...
But, that dude has his own website where he sells his videos...it has a blog...and it has pictures of him from just a few days ago, and I guess he'll be doing a tv appearance on the tv show Dr's? never heard of it...
But there's another one for the list.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
"Jack Lalanne is Dead!" is what I was told as FACT over the weakend by a friend. We were having dinnner at an older freinds house, and living long and healthy became one of the subjects of conversation. I brought up Jack as an amazing example of long life from good health and excercise. "Jack Lalanne is dead, he died just last year...didn't you hear about it?" so said she, myself and another individual suggested if he was dead than that would have been real news...and we had not heard anything about it...
She was positive though....so I had to look it up...Wiki don't have anything on him since 2009...
But, that dude has his own website where he sells his videos...it has a blog...and it has pictures of him from just a few days ago, and I guess he'll be doing a tv appearance on the tv show Dr's? never heard of it...
But there's another one for the list.

Wow, I could've sworn he died over a decade ago while jogging. I remember Bill Hicks making a joke about his death while he was alive (EDIT: That was Jim Fixx). Lalanne is in fact alive in his 90s. Weeeird.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Hazystars]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Billy Graham didn't die, his wife did. I've seen his name pop up several times through the thread and just thought I would add the correction, his wife, (Ruth I think) was the one that passed away and there was alot of press coverage about her funeral, I'm guessing that alot of folks heard the name Graham and death and assumed it was Billy Graham. Interesting thread though.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
False death reports go out over wire services all the time. The problem is, news sources often have obituaries pre-written for famous people, especially as they get later in life or if they are seen as high risk of dying (word is the AP, NY Times, etc. already have obits for Lindsay Lohan and other 'at risk' young celebs. ready to go), and if a false death report gets out there, it circles the globe in minutes and sometimes even these pre-written obits are released without confirmation.

A few months ago, all the news sites were reporting that the actor Jeff Goldblum had died, falling off a cliff while filming a movie in New Zealand. Problem was, Jeff was at that time in New York and appeared on the Colbert Report a few days later, where they did a joke about his being dead. Here's the video.

I remember many years ago (early 1990's) reading the obit for the actor Peter Boyle, which was widely reported and something a lot of my friends had also heard, but then a year later he was in movies and did TV series and such for a good long while. Sadly, Boyle did finally die in 2006, about 15 years after I first heard he was dead.

The problem is, news sites make a lot of mistakes and too often either they do a bad job of retracting those mistakes or people don't hear about the retractions.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I really thought that I had heard that Kirk Douglas had died recently. Then I saw a story about his grandson and discovered that he is still alive.

Weird.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
On a similar note, there was a childrens TV presenter called Mark Speight who I remember watching when I was younger. I remember being on youtube one day and I was looking for an old TV program he used to do so I could show my then partner how whacky it looked. I came across a memorial video for him, and was quite shocked because I had no idea he was dead. I had heard nothing, but all the replies on this video were leaving the usual RIP comments like it was common knowledge. I actually looked through a couple pages of comments before googling it to see if it was true, and there it was. I can't remember the cause.

It wasn't until well over a year later that Mark Speight made big news for his arrest when his fiance had been found dead (he was aqquited from all charges). I looked for the memorial again on youtube, because I know for a fact I watched it, but it wasn't there. I could find nothing about his death anywhere. Mark Speight took his own life a few months after that, at which point I was beyond confused.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
I really thought that I had heard that Kirk Douglas had died recently. Then I saw a story about his grandson and discovered that he is still alive.

He had a pretty severe stroke several years ago, but survived. That might be what you are remembering. I know I've made that mistake several times, believing someone was dead because I either misremembered or misunderstood a story about them having some ailment, heart attack, stroke, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

No it was this year. My husband asked who he was, and I reminded him about the movie Diamonds that we had watched recently.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Add John Goodman to the list.

I'll swear by it that the man died a few years back.
turn on a movie made recently..."You Don't Know Jack" and the guy is a lead actor.

This is a 2010 movie at that.
Anyone else remember hearing that he had died?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
LINK

OK.... isn't it a bit weird that he actually died of the thing we thought he died of years ago?

Diff'rent Strokes Star Gary Coleman Dies at 42
Gary Coleman, who by age 11 had skyrocketed to become TV's brightest star but as an adult could never quite land on solid footing, has died after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He was 42.

Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah, where he had been in a coma.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
LINK

OK.... isn't it a bit weird that he actually died of the thing we thought he died of years ago?

Diff'rent Strokes Star Gary Coleman Dies at 42
Gary Coleman, who by age 11 had skyrocketed to become TV's brightest star but as an adult could never quite land on solid footing, has died after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He was 42.

Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah, where he had been in a coma.

So it has been posted here... well this time he'll stay dead, because it's all over the thread here and news online. Well, if he don't stay dead, well there will be certainly more people remembering the death and we won't be looking so loony anymore!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

"OK.... isn't it a bit weird that he actually died of the thing we thought he died of years ago? " yzzyUK

I had to look, I didn't see anybody saying here that they thought he died of a hemmorage...I did find a few OD's, and granted, Gary is all over this thread as being thought dead (see pages 5,6,18,32), and in a couple other threads as well....

Could ya help me out there, because it would indeed be very interesting if " he actually died of the thing we thought he died of years ago?" I totally coulda overlooked it and would like to be pointed in the right direction.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Art Linkletter died on Wednesday.

For at least the second time that I recall.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by jennybeth

I havent been able to read all of the posts due to lack of time but i get the picture but has anyone thought that maybe these celeberties are actually just breaking federal law by faking their own death and then covering it up? Just so they can once again make their millions. I mean come on no offense but famous ppl r the most emofied ppl on this planet they cry cause their not satisfied but they buy what they want and treat others like # if their mocha isnt right that or its the aliens @ dulce baselol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybeth
Art Linkletter died on Wednesday.

For at least the second time that I recall.

Thank you! I thought I was going batty when I saw this on the news the other day,

I remember Art on TV from when I was a kid and I know his daughter died years and years ago but I was positive he died when he was around 79--80-something. in the 1980s at least...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by ahellion247365

My apologies for the curse im new here gotta remember not to do that lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join