It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomalies III - Other Peoples Work

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
it goes either way.... hoagland faked it, nasa faked it, in the long run im just looking at the evidence...... and just stating hoagland is a fake is not really a proper rebuttle now is it?

if you can prove hoagland is a fake then great..... if not i dont see why i would further explain much to you....

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by C-Reilly

You ought to do a search for DARK MISSION: you'll get at least 10 pages of threads and maybe many more. The book has been put through the wringer, ditto for the authors.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-Reilly
it goes either way.... hoagland faked it, nasa faked it, in the long run im just looking at the evidence...... and just stating hoagland is a fake is not really a proper rebuttle now is it?

if you can prove hoagland is a fake then great..... if not i dont see why i would further explain much to you....

Hoaxland, I mean Hoagland, is a fake, a hoaxer. Look for my threads debunking his questionable methods under Skeptical Ed. You're following the wrong leader!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by C-Reilly
just stating hoagland is a fake is not really a proper rebuttle now is it? if you can prove hoagland is a fake then great..... if not i dont see why i would further explain much to you....

Hoaxland, I mean Hoagland, is a fake, a hoaxer.

Right! Reilley asked to prove it (that Hoagland is a fake). Here it is...

Here’s an image of what he stresses is proof of forests on Mars! If he’s blatantly misinterpreting this image, how reliable is he? His credibility is zilch for the most part! And this is just one image. There are dozens like this!

Image - Hoagland's 'Enterprise Mission'

He contends is that the image above clearly shows forests on the surface of Mars. But what’s the fact? Check this out...Lets see it in progressive Hi-res:

South Polar Region PSP_003443_0980
Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

Now, do they look like trees or are they just fissures on the surface of Mars? We should ask Joseph Skipper too ('Marsanomalyresearch') who insists that these are 'trees' on Mars! Oh yeah!

www.msss.com...
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Ref:
www.enterprisemission.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
'Moon Base X' found in Lunar Orbiter imagery?

Probably not - but someone will see this and think it is a moon base
:

Remember this?

I found something that reminded me of it - It just did:

And here is my crappy attempt to highlight it:

(Warning: I don't know how to highlight objects. I totally winged it this time and am probably wrong. But I am right about this reminding me of the other thing.
)

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

If you had any clue to what you were talking about you would know that these things 'trees' encrease in width and decrease just as a plant would depending on the season of the year.

How do you explain this if they weren't plants?

They really do look like trees, maybe they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UfosExiZt

It's no point arguing with you since logic isn't in fashion where guys like you are concerned!
You've set your mind on seeing them as trees. So trees they are. Hallelujah!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You couldn't even answer my question.
I wonder who is delusional......

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by UfosExiZt

You couldn't even answer my question.
I wonder who is delusional......

OK, since you asked for it, here's another Themis image of your 'trees'...

Now for the explanation which seems the most logical:

As spring approaches, sunlight shines through the CO2 ice and warms the dirt enough to make the ice just above it sublimate - that is, turn directly from a solid into a gas. Pressure builds up beneath the remaining CO2 ice, eroding the dirt layer in the process. Eventually, that pressure becomes so great that a blast of gas, sand and dust breaks through fissures in the ice - spewing out at speeds of 100 mph (160 kilometers per hour) or more.

The activity leaves behind a dark burst of dirt, surrounding the vent on the ice sheet. Wind may blow the dust into a fanlike pattern. But as the CO2 ice fades to nothingness, so does the burst pattern. All that's left is a spidery pattern of erosion carved into the underlying water ice. Those "spiders" provide a template for the process to begin all over again during the following winter.

Your so called 'trees' are nothing but the spidery pattern of erosion that expand and contract during Martian spring and winter.

QED!

But here's more to educate you to the wonders of Martian geology:

Image: NASA

More trees on the Martian surface?
No! Here's the explanation:

At first glance, this impressive new photo of the area directly around the Martian North Pole suggests the red planet is home to some fairly dense patches of trees and foliage. However, what the photo actually shows are plumes of naturally occurring gas erupting from the ground.

Described by NASA as something of an uncanny optical illusion, the high-resolution photo, which was taken by the U.S. space administration’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO), shows dark balsaltic sand being pushed out from the planet’s surface as the sun vaporises pockets of frozen carbon dioxide (or dry ice).

Speaking with The Sun newspaper, Candy Hansen, a member of the MRO team at the University of Arizona, explained that the black patches “are sand, dislodged as ice evaporates, which slide down the dunes… At this time of the Martian year the whole scene is covered by CO2 frost.”

www.thetechherald.com...
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Image: NASA
At first glance, this impressive new photo of the area directly around the Martian North Pole suggests the red planet is home to some fairly dense patches of trees and foliage. However, what the photo actually shows are plumes of naturally occurring gas erupting from the ground.

Described by NASA as something of an uncanny optical illusion, the high-resolution photo, which was taken by the U.S. space administration’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO), shows dark balsaltic sand being pushed out from the planet’s surface as the sun vaporises pockets of frozen carbon dioxide (or dry ice).

Speaking with The Sun newspaper, Candy Hansen, a member of the MRO team at the University of Arizona, explained that the black patches “are sand, dislodged as ice evaporates, which slide down the dunes… At this time of the Martian year the whole scene is covered by CO2 frost.”

Again, An enormous lie from NASA and its supporters "cheerleaders"! The image, in its real and correct perspective, must be turned over... upside down!

They are liquids that leak from the surface...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok, so what about these, we've seen them all before but:

The Shard:

The Castle:

Probably the 2 best moon anomolies...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

The shard looks real enough.

The 'castle' is bogus.

It is supposedly floating above the lunar surface with a able dangling from it.

I don't buy it.

Edit:

I guess I should post 'The Cube' AKA 'The Soul Re-Router' (it isn't 'soul catcher' anymore...
):

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nice filters you have run your images through!!

Just like the face was run through a set of high pass filters to remove the detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fake you!

They look like trees, they act like trees.

They probably are trees.

As simple as that.

Stop distorting images and flat facts please.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
Again, An enormous lie from NASA and its supporters "cheerleaders"! The image, in its real and correct perspective, must be turned over... upside down!

There is no correct perspective or "upside down" for a photo like that, taken almost from a perpendicular to the ground.

But you are right (at least in part), those marks were made by something that flowed down, there are many photos like that one, and in some that is more noticeable.

It may be liquid or not, dust also flows down dunes.

PS: but I also think it's liquid, if it was part of the dune then we would see a bigger erosion of the dune's top.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

There is no correct perspective or "upside down" for a photo like that, taken almost from a perpendicular to the ground.

But you are right (at least in part), those marks were made by something that flowed down, there are many photos like that one, and in some that is more noticeable.

It may be liquid or not, dust also flows down dunes.

PS: but I also think it's liquid, if it was part of the dune then we would see a bigger erosion of the dune's top.

Thanks ArMaP!
NASA LIES!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Those images are available on NASA (or related) sites, they are not anyone's images.

The Themis image is a direct link to the image on the Themis site.

You fake you!
Better get some evidence of that before accusing someone. Also, we are not here to discuss other members (or even Mars photos), this thread is about Moon anomalies.

They look like trees, they act like trees.
Things that do not move do not act like anything, they are just there, and these didn't move for months, like a rock. Are they rocks?

They probably are trees.
They probably aren't. Do you know that that area has been photographed several times to see the changes with the Martian seasons? Just click here to see 87 (at this time) images of features like that, several from the same place, some from other places near the south pole, something that most people that say that those are trees apparently ignore.

Stop using your opinions as facts and look to the original photos available on-line.

Anyone with an Internet connection can confirm it.

PS: sorry for the off-topic post, everybody, back to Moon anomalies, please.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Thanks ArMaP!
NASA LIES!
I don't know if they lied about this, I don't have any way of really knowing what that was.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I found something that reminded me of it - It just did:

It sure looks similar to those other things.

What photo is that?

PS: the highlight is good enough, you just need more practice.

[edit on 14/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Those images are available on NASA (or related) sites, they are not anyone's images.

How come you see tree shaped things on one image and just some eroded cliffs on another then?
Are the tree images faked you say?
Please link if so.

Until then, the trees will remain trees.

Better get some evidence of that before accusing someone. Also, we are not here to discuss other members (or even Mars photos), this thread is about Moon anomalies.

I actually laughed a bit at this.
As if ppl don't accuse wrongly on ATS otherwise.
Like putting threads in hoax section without proof wasn't an accusing act.

Things that do not move do not act like anything, they are just there, and these didn't move for months, like a rock. Are they rocks?

They sure DO move

That is the thing, they expand and then get smaller depending on the season. Just like trees blooming in the summer.
Explain that!!

edit:
Here is one of the images YOU linked:
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...
Here you can see these treelike shapes CLEARLY.

I found a good tree image as well:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Now you know they are some sort of plants if not trees.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by UfosExiZt]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UfosExiZt

I'd have to say that (although thre is another thread to discuss Mars' anomalies) this applies here, as well:

People think they see something familiar, when they look at images from alien (and yes, in context the Moon and Mars count as 'alien') worlds, because they A) Don't have a good grasp of the perspective in the image --- i.e., the scale; and, B) They tend to fall into the trap of "Pareidolia" (though usually brought up to explain why people see faces in ordinary images, it applies to other familar shapes as well).

Pareidolia --- Read more about it here.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join