It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm wearing a shirt right now. And you're probably wearing a shirt right now. I have my shirt on my upper body. I wear my shirt under my jacket. Everyone are wearing shirts. It's good to have a shirt. Shirts everywhere! I use to wash my shirts after I have had them on me. Hehe. I love my shirts. What color is your shirt? Are all your shirts the same color? Sometimes when I work my shirt gets all wet so I have to change it. It's fun with shirts!

Mikromarius

PS: Perhaps it would be smart to check the # filter on the site? It seems to believe shirt and # is the same thing... Quite fun though...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nearest approach (assuming NASA is correct) is May 7, 2004, at 0.323 AU distance....

Assuming NASA is correct.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nearest approach (assuming NASA is correct) is May 21, 2003, at 0.92 AU from earth.

Well, hope you guys put your faith in NASA...

Hmmm... 350 meters in diameter... not a planet killer, but would seriously screw up some peoples day if it hit a city...

earn.dlr.de...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Asteroid 1950 DA is heading our way and is due to hit the Earth on March 16, 2880. Since 70% of the Earth is covered with water, it will probably land in the ocean, causing huge tsunami waves to spread out from the impact and drown coastal areas. A computer simulation of an asteroid impact tsunami developed by California scientists shows waves as high as 400 feet sweeping onto the Atlantic Coast.
Researcher Steven Ward says, "From a geologic perspective, events like this have happened many times in the past. Asteroids the size of 1950 DA have probably struck the Earth about 600 times since the age of the dinosaurs."

Ward and colleague Erik Asphaug are trying to conduct an assessment of upcoming asteroid impacts. The laws of orbital mechanics make it possible for scientists to predict an impact if they are able to detect the asteroid in advance. "It's like knowing the exact time when Mount Shasta will erupt," Asphaug says. "The way to deal with any natural hazard is to improve our knowledge base, so we can turn the kind of human fear that gets played on in the movies into something that we have a handle on."

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Scientists have identified a thousand-yard-wide (one-kilometer-wide) asteroid that may be heading for a collision with Earth�878 years from now.
Using radar and optical measurements made over the past 51 years, researchers have calculated that there is up to a one-in-300 possibility that Asteroid 1950 DA will slam into Earth on March 16, 2880. Their work is published in the April 5 issue of Science.

"We calculated the probability of collision based on what we know about the physical aspects of the asteroid and many other factors," said Jon Giorgini of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. "As we get more information we will be able to adjust the level of probability up or down."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
By 2880, we'll have the moon and mars colonized. We'll probably have mining operations all around our solar system. We may even have reached Alpha Centauri by then.

I'm happy those projections aren't like 2004 or something ;p

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thought that these two should be linked

www.digitalf8.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dragon, this is what I'm getting when I click on your above link:

" Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum "

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So do I, thats wierd... that was just a link back to the Planet X photos thread (figured they were kinda connected)

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Better screen cap this one with a date.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just what the ell it that thing!!!
It's todays image.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What asteroid(s) or comets you guys talking about (names, etc.)?
This article was recently released:
"Doomsday Postponed"
"Astronomers have issued the 'all-clear' about asteroid 2003 QQ47, suspected by some to be on a possible collision course with the Earth in just 11 years."

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

Better screen cap this one with a date.

I gots it, e-w.
I don't know what it is....it's damn weird, that much I can say with certainty.

-B.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider I believe that HAARP was being cranked up on the 18th in an effort to incite a Coronal Mass Ejection (solar flare) in the vicinity of NEAR comets perihelion...

Dude, this isn't Star Trek.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

RUN!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just what the xxxx is this?

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Didnt they make some really corny movie about a comet coming and everybody knew they where gonna die so it was complete chaos. I cant remember what it was called but in the end it never hit. It was called Last Night or something. Anybody remember?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well, that puts most people in the danger zone, now don't it??????

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join