It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Charles Krauthammer, summary of Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Funny, this is not an intellectual criticism of Obama. A real PhD doctor would never write a rant that makes vague accusations and definitive conclusions without backing up those conclusions because it's a basic necessity for anyone in any field to be able to back up their claims.

Point in case:

3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can't be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along.
He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada .

And pretty much every other number in the list (I didn't bother to read it all because it's pretty much an obvious partisan forgery).

I'd also like to point out that when someone posts a massive OP with a list of multiple topics, all of which are debatable because they're partisan and/or completely untrue, most people won't bother with an intelligent and involved reply because it's not really worth the time. I could go through and waste half an hour completely dismantling every point in the email, but it's simply not worth it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Some points make obvious sense, like the need for small government, state control, etc. However, the part about Obama thinking he's the "ruler of the world" - this I have some doubts about. Its pretty clear that the role of POTUS is a joke - its a puppet presidency and has been for many generations now. The last President to think that the role of POTUS actually meant anything was JFK. The POTUS doesn't really have any real power - I remember reading something online about when Regan was leaving office, he asked an admin where to leave the nuke codes - the admin said "just leave it on the desk for the next guy" or something to that nature. Like Bill Clinton said, there is a government within the government and being the President and Commander-In-Chief doesn't mean squat. Further examples include the well known denial to Jimmy Carter for UFO info, similar stonewalling to JFK's requests, the fact that there are over 40 security levels above POTUS, etc. etc.

On a side note, does anyone here have any info on the rumour that Obama has been groomed for the role of POTUS since college days by Kissinger et al?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Is this site like Fox News?

I come here for alternative views but every day I see threads put on the front page that are extreme right wing propaganda against the current president.

Many of these threads do not have many views or replies despite the promotion from the site admins...

It's either Glen Becks propaganda that turns into ATS media files and despite only having a few replies end up on the front page, or it's some new birther thread with a new fake birth certificate.

I am sure I am not the only asking myself if this once great site has turned into a propaganda machine for the right wing neocons....... It's quite sad.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

And he appears on FOX.....well, I think that just answered my question whether he is to be trusted or not. We know where his paycheck is coming from.

Where was all this outrage when Bush was president??

PEACE and LOVE...

1. There WAS plenty of outrage when Bush was President. I read ATS then, not as a member, but as an interested party in what was being discussed.

2. Bush is not the President. Nor should any outrage felt now have to be equally justified in past outrage. Ignoring what is going on now, doesn't fix what happened 8 years ago. Just as ignoring what is going on now will not fix the future.

3. As for FOX, I tend to agree. However, watching CNN today, they had a commercial for Anderson Cooper that said: "When the right muddles and misstates the facts, we set them straight." Apparently there is no such thing as neutrality anymore. Obama's initial attack on FOX has worked beautifully.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

You wrote:

Or... you know... Bush the Lesser.

...and just about every other farkin' politician that has been elected into office in this country for decades as well!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by Shades1035

I most certainly could not have said it better myself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong... We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state's rights.

AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Don't you people get it? There is no "Republican vs. Democrat". They are different faces of the same monster. The Republicans will NOT save us! They will do the same dance as the Democrates, just to a slightly different beat. They won't even bother to change the tune. And meanwhile, all the sheep will be tapping their feet to the same-song-different-verse and saying, "Hey, this is somethign new!"

Until last election I voted straight party Republican ticket my whole life. No more! They get no more of my money and no more of my votes.

PLEASE WAKE UP!!!!!

God help us if they should cancel American Idol! Then we'd really be screwed!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
who ever wrote it seemed to be spot on with the characterization off the current POTUS.

I wish I could do half as well.

Although applause for those who did try to dispute the points in the OP article.

Made for interesting reading.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

(I didn't bother to read it all because it's pretty much an obvious partisan forgery).

Wrong, again. This is not "partisan forgery". In order to be "partisan forgery" there must be more than one party. It must be commited across party lines. There are no longer any party lines. The masses are given the illusion of parties so that we will think that we still have choices, options.

There are no parties. There are no choices in the present system. They will all, Republican or Democrat, rape and pillage our economy, our lives and our families. There is no quarter if either of these "parties" are in power, because they are both financed by the same money, fed at the same trough, and motivated by the same greed and lust for power.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Part III

11. In 2012, if the unemployment rate is over 10%, Republicans will be swept back into power. If it's under 8%, the Dems continue to roll. If it's between 8-10%, it will be a dogfight. It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what's happening in Washington and Congress. There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we're right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it's far too late.

The US will be lucky in 2012, if the greatest problem is an employment rate around 10%. The US is a service society and produces only few high quality products, which it can export to the world. A country cannot forever run up its debt and simultaneoulsly have a gigantic trade deficit.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, the politicians channel trillions of dollars to the banksters. The public will have to pay for this. Either through inflation or through other means. To predict a future of massive social unrest is no augury.
Luckily more and more people awaken and begin to realise, that the government has not their best interest at heart. In fact it never had. Regardless of party the peolple have been conned by their governments.

So Krauthammer suggestion to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance is correct. But be wary of Krauthammer, Glenn Beck and other leaders who try to high-jack the anger of the people. The solutions they will have made-up-ready for you , will not be in your best interest. It is not a left-wing revolution which is going on, rather the fascist/corporatist state is ready to evolve into the next level.

I recommend listening to Mike Rivero or Alan Watt.
www.gcnlive.com...
www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I read that, but how are we to know that really IS endorsed by the good doctor, I mean this can spin round and round..lol

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

As I stated in the OP, I received the email from a friend of mine, the email wasnt written by ME.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Please don't take any responses in the thread as an attack to you personally.

I understand, as I'm sure all do, that it wasn't you who authored this piece.

However, the comments are directed to the person who states this as first hand testimony from some great man... as if that even matters.

This is an emotive piece and it is bunk in its face.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
who ever wrote it seemed to be spot on with the characterization off the current POTUS.

I wish I could do half as well.

Although applause for those who did try to dispute the points in the OP article.

Made for interesting reading.

I agree 100% with you. As I stated, this OP (the email) was sent to me this morning by a friend..I didn't write it..I don't endorse every statement there..and I SURE don't endorse FOX..BUT, whoever wrote this, be it the Dr. or someone else, I do agree with a lot of points, and its extremely scary to think about who is running our country at the present.

I figured I'd be under attack for this email, but I felt it interesting enough to share.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This thread cheered me up greatly. Some are finally getting it. The right and left are equally bad while we are stuck in the middle being labeled Right by the Left and Left by the Right because they can't imagine being a free thinker and let others think for them.

I'm watching an Obama speech right now while I'm typing. You would have to be blind not see how power mad he is. He keeps talking about himself, bragging about himself and slandering others. Not a single detail about his plans. Not a single explantion or answer to any question important to us. Zero transparency and the same old tired "yeah I'm cooler than everyone else is". If that is not Narcissism I don't speak English. He is still campaigning. What is he running for I wonder? God?

Bush was not a Narcissist; he was just wrong and served the wrong masters.

Both bad Presidents but for different reasons.

I noticed a person actually said where was the outrage at Bush or something similar. Do a search? He was torn apart daily here. His ears will be burning long after he is dead from the attacks on him and many of them were deserved.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Please don't take any responses in the thread as an attack to you personally.

I understand, as I'm sure all do, that it wasn't you who authored this piece.

However, the comments are directed to the person who states this as first hand testimony from some great man... as if that even matters.

This is an emotive piece and it is bunk in its face.

Understood, dear, and it's quite alright, I figured it would be an "attackable" thread , Im a big girl, though, I'll be ok
ty for your concern.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by piddles

I read that, but how are we to know that really IS endorsed by the good doctor, I mean this can spin round and round..lol

Since when does an "anonymous letter" gain more credibility than an official statement by the author discrediting the letter. Which a known media outlet states they received. Yeah, they have nothing to lose by being proven false for lying about receiving the statement. . .

I know, the will to believe overrides all logical thought if it falls in line with your belief systems. .

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This thread cheered me up greatly. Some are finally getting it. The right and left are equally bad while we are stuck in the middle being labeled Right by the Left and Left by the Right because they can't imagine being a free thinker and let others think for them.

I'm watching an Obama speech right now while I'm typing. You would have to be blind not see how power mad he is. He keeps talking about himself, bragging about himself and slandering others. Not a single detail about his plans. Not a single explantion or answer to any question important to us. Zero transparency and the same old tired "yeah I'm cooler than everyone else is". If that is not Narcissism I don't speak English. He is still campaigning. What is he running for I wonder? God?

Bush was not a Narcissist; he was just wrong and served the wrong masters.

Both bad Presidents but for different reasons.

I noticed a person actually said where was the outrage at Bush or something similar. Do a search? He was torn apart daily here. His ears will be burning long after he is dead from the attacks on him and many of them were deserved.

I couldn't have said it better myself..and I really didnt think about the narcissist aspect until I read the email this morning, but it rings true.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by piddles

Since when does an "anonymous letter" gain more credibility than an official statement by the author discrediting the letter. Which a known media outlet states they received. Yeah, they have nothing to lose by being proven false for lying about receiving the statement. . .

I know, the will to believe overrides all logical thought if it falls in line with your belief systems. .

Point taken
You are right.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well...if that's all true, here's to hoping that the Mayans were right about 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join