It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not going to comment on Obama's legitimacy. I'm just going to offer the following observation.

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon on this one something to bear in mind.

The article proves the writer thought Obama was born in Kenya.

That is ALL it proves.

Whether he wrote and filed it through AP or not, its only his assumption, made at the time of writing.

So before the same old same old rhetoric gets regurgitated, lets remember that this is ATS, and when possible we deal in facts, and the fact here is this;

This isn't some kind of "smoking gun" at all - what it is, at best - is circumstantial evidence of a possibly misguided belief.

It doesn't matter which blog, website etc it gets put on, nothing is going to change that basic fact.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin
I found this supposed quote interesting:

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office.

... it would be interesting to see if an exchange between Keyes and Obama, like reported, really took place.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Manwin]

You could always try asking Keyes how he remembers it. Send him an e-mail. He is not a big Obama fan, no doubt he's a "birther" too, and he might even have video of the debate.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
People have an aversion to their own stupidity and will run and smash their heads against the brick wall of it until they can no longer hear the people pointing out just how stupid they really are.

Indeed, this is an opinion of the author and has no basis in reality as much as anyone may want it to be true.

The real truth is that the most resistance coming from the right in regards to Obama is pure out and out racial prejudice.

there is still a large segment of the USA that is vehemently racists and filled with hatred towards blacks. It doesn't all end because someone pens a law or two and the majority elects a black man.

Entire generations that participated in race riots, in lynchings and in needless persecution of black people still exist in the the USA and until their time is passed and the new generations are not brought up with such poison hate in their minds it will not change and we will continue to see these petty and silly little rants about this moot flaw or that moot flaw which in turn distracts from REAL issues.

The right wing is in fact killing itself with this nonsense. They are revealing an acutely ugly face that the majority will continue to revile. It will get to a point where, if it hasn't already, people won't even listen to arguments of merit because of these cheap, empty and stupid accusations that fall apart in the light of day.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
More archive scrubbing, this time from Google:

thepostnemail.wordpress.com...

Keep up the good work, people!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have to agree with the others. I need to see the original AP story from a more reliable news source first. Searching on the first paragraph in Google only brings up links to right wing forums and blogs. Searching on the AP archives brings up nothing.

Originally posted by LeelaSavage
More archive scrubbing, this time from Google:

A wordpress blog article as proof of something? I don't even know where to begin with that. I don't mean to insult anyone, but a using a wordpress blog page as proof is sort of like taking the guy waving the "world is coming to an end" sign on the street corner as a legitimatize source.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Kaploink]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom

3. The journalists ALWAYS fact check)...

ROFLMAO - sorry but that is so funny - do you REALLY believe that ???

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Just to point out that maybe Obama is behind this himself, (in actuality, a staffer) just to deflect from

Raising troop levels in Afghanistan
Pushing higher taxes in the guise of healthcare
Allowing Russians to inspect US nuke sites
double digit inflation

I would love to see this guy exposed, but I don't trust the media or anything generated from the internet without confirming the source.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yes, this broke yesterday, but apparently was found months ago.

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office. Seeing that an AP reporter is too professional to submit a story which was not based on confirmed sources (ostensibly the Obama campaign in this case), the inference seems inescapable: Obama himself was putting out in 2004, that he was born in Kenya.

3. In October of 2004, during the ABC Chicago Affiliate’s broadcast of the Obama-Keyes debates, Obama openly admitted — he conceded — that he was not a natural born citizen. (C-Span aired the uncut version of the debates, which contained this exchange, in the second half of April, 2005)

4. It is known from a classmate of Obama at Harvard University, that while at Harvard, Obama at least on one occasion admitted that he was born in Kenya. (This friend went on record on a call in radio program in Idaho in early July, 2009)

The same site has the added assertion that Google has cleaned out it’s archives of references to Kenyan born Obama, once it was decided he would run. So we have a Hawaiian story saying he is Indonesian. His sister saying he was born at Queen’s, and AP stating he is Kenyan born. Ho hum.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Scoob,

Keep in mind that it can be, and most likely is, some overzealous reporter not doing his homework. The article is originally from Kenya.

You assume that his opponents in the primaries, and the election are so stupid that they just spaced it, if in fact Obama was ineligible?

Not even people here can be that deluded. You think somebody did not see that article and checked it out years ago? Come on give me a break!

Stick to policy debate, this kind of silliness is not helping your cause.

It's like Manson's Helter Skelter logic, make up enough stuiff, and there will be a big war where the only ones left are the prepared Patriots.

It's a fable, like a role playing game.

You don't find it the least bit strange that Obama went from registering Voters to State Senate to President in 3 short Steps.

Like this:
-2003 Guy standing in the front of local Grocery Store asking you if you have registered to vote.
-2004 String of Lucky breaks....Freshman Senator 6yr term (Term ending 2010)
-2009 President

Is this what you mean by Fable? I hope....

On a serious Note....I found this to be rather suspect.....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9060543cb2f2.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace
Senate (FRESHMAN) 2004
President 2009

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Nothing odd at all about the picture except where the woman has her hand maybe?

As for the circumstances, its America, where wings take dream as a "plant" once said.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Mod Edit: removed unecessary quote of the entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 15-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I love the way that the press is wrong and unreliable if anything is found that even hints that he is not natural born. But it is often the same people who will cite some story from a ‘witness’ of a friend of a friend who didn’t know the mother, being told about Obama’s birth in Hawaii. They will believe the two birth announcements must absolutely be genuine, and they will believe without hesitation or doubt the validity of an online COLB suddenly appearing on a site affiliated to Obama. Ok…..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
They misspelled his first name with two R's. BarRack. More than once. Just thought I'd point that out, seems like a stupid mistake to make. I discontinued reading the news article when I noticed that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They misspelled his first name with two R's. BarRack. More than once. Just thought I'd point that out, seems like a stupid mistake to make. I discontinued reading the news article when I noticed that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hoax or not a hoax, that is the question but it really doesn't matter where Obama was born. He could have been born on the moon and still be POTUS if TPTB want it so.

The Obamatrons have no need for any facts that relate to him being ineligible to hold the office. The CT's have no need for any fact that might point to him being eligible. Thus your at an impasse, neither side will concede to the other.

The one and only fact that remains is that he is the POTUS irrespective of his eligibility or ineligibility and our electoral system is corrupted beyond repair. Welcome to the real world people, we have the best politicians money can buy. Don't believe it, then check out our special interest groups and lobbyist in Washington DC and follow the money.

However, nice find OP even if it won't change things and besides, who would you suggest takes his place? All you will get is more of the same just in a different wrapper.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As much as I think this is probably a case of a reporter being less than diligent...

I can't help but wonder why someone (especially someone who likes to go on about the supposed transparency in his regime) would balk at showing his long form birth certificate? The only thing not showing it ensures is that this particular conspiracy theory lives on forever and questions about his legitimacy become a large part of the "Obama legacy".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Haha - what your saying is everything thats on the web is true. Good one.

Just like a TON of BS on this website, this post is no different. Everyone going "AHHH HAAA WE GOT HIM" off some obscure archive off a non existent source doesn't take one second to check it out or use your brain.

Anyhow, look at how bad that source is - little "—AP " in the bottom doesn't make it from the AP or Associated Press (I can put that on my posts too).

Who the hell is "The Standard Ltd" anyhow? Try to find it in google, can't can you? or it's really obscure.

Where is the original AP story and is there any other reputable sources who can back up that claim?? How did he come to that conclusion? The press always screws up if you didn't know, duh. Humans.

Go back to the drawing board guys.

Originally posted by bl4ke360

What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya? Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Why should any citizen be asked to produce proof of ID for a job, bank account, mortgage, passport, drivers licence etc

If the man with the most powerful job in the world doesnt have too?

At the end of the day he is employed as the president.

Strange.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

That’s because it’s top notch journalism. You can’t get that kind of writing by bothering to check your article for the proper spelling of people's names.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.archive.org...

Olara Otunnu (Harvard Law, 1978) relating the remark of Kenyan historian Ali Mazrui on the oddity that a member of Kenya's Luo tribe (Barack Obama, a Kenyan citizen and Luo tribe member from birth) may become president of the United States before a Luo tribe member becomes president of Kenya. "Town Hall Forum: An Examination of Race, Age, Gender & Religion in the 2008 Election," Harvard Law School Reunions, Oct. 25, 2008, 9:15 a.m. (Austin Hall, 1st Floor, West), at 60:17 mark.

audio

can't maintain a dual citizenship in Kenya, their constitution disallows such after the age of 23.

kenya.rcbowen.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Question, how do you get from Kenya to Hawaii?Shouldn't someone be able to find airline records of his mother traveling to Hawaii?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join