It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If you could somehow link this back to the AP and find out who really wrote this article (if it's legit), it would be a huge find.

But I remain skeptical. I think it is fishy that this was on webarchive.org all these years, and it was only found now. Could be an elaborate hoax. All of a sudden it appears?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

This is what I am thinking, I think it's a hoax. Something just doesn't seem right about it. I can't prove it. I went to the wayback machine and tried to look up www.ap.org... for that date, perhaps I did not do it correctly, because I could not find that article when I did it myself.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Manwin

This is what I am thinking, I think it's a hoax. Something just doesn't seem right about it. I can't prove it. I went to the wayback machine and tried to look up www.ap.org... for that date, perhaps I did not do it correctly, because I could not find that article when I did it myself.

I hear that. All the people who have had Obama under the microscope (regarding the birth in Kenya conspiracy), since even before the election surely would have found this MONTHS ago, if it is legit. I fail to see how it sat there all these months unnoticed.

If I had to take a wild guess for fun, I'd say someone who works for webarchive.org planted the article, knowing it was a fake, who wanted to laugh at the birthers - or it is legit and someone leaked it.

It will be interesting to see if this "article" is eventually pulled from the website, or stays up.

IF it is proven to be a legit article, all the AP has to do, is say it was a typo, or something along those lines -- "honest mistake."

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Great find.

Maybe this will wake people up about this being much bigger than just a birth certificate thing.

S + F

Someone should contact the newspaper to find out if this is indeed genuine to clear the air once and for all....

The Standard Ltd
I & M Building, Kenyatta Avenue,
P.O Box 30080, 00100 GPO, Nairobi-Kenya.
Tel. +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 214467, 229218, 218965.
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
News room Tel: +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 213108.
Advertising: [email protected]

In fact, im going to email them to see if I get a reply, I will let the board know, no time for waiting on anyone else these days.

Heres a copy of the email in question

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested in a report that was produced online that is now archived at the following link...

web.archive.org...

The article claims that Mr Barack Hussein Obama is a Kenyan born citizen.

Is this a copy of the original article written by the Sunday Standard reporter.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully

XXXN3O
(obviously im not giving my name on ATS)

Sent to [email protected] and [email protected]

Waiting on CIA now.

On a serious note though, I will make a thread if the answer is that the article is completely genuine.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the most excellent post! S&F for you!

I have been following this story since early 2008, before Obama was even being considered a serious threat to Clinton for the DNC presidential nomination because he was my first choice for the presidency. And, purely as a life-long activist who usually voted for Democratic candidates after researching their background thoroughly, I can personally attest to the unstoppable determination and incredible lengths Obama's team went to - and continues to go to - in order to suppress this sort of information...in order to keep their candidate viable and, eventually, win the white house.

I have many months of collected research myself, although some of it was lost under suspicious circumstances when my highly protected computer was hacked and I was forced to do "clean" reboots of my system twice early in the election campaign.

And I'm just a somewhat more than active voter...an amateur community activist with an active life outside of politics, at best. (Although I was fairly active, individually, for years in voter registration and in the campaigns of those candidates I supported.) Imagine what must have occurred in the more fervent sections of this election.

It is not difficult at all to consider overwhelming subterfuge and power politics pushing through a politician of uncertain birth origin during a time when change was so desperately sought by so many voters. All the right ingredients were there for this to happen.

I, personally, am absolutely convinced that until Obama opens up his personal records and allows the world free, unhindered, non-biased access to them without the concern for tampering, this issue will not die down or fade away.

Actually, as one of the early activists demanding full disclosure from Obama - and the DNC, I proudly wear my "Pro-Birther" T-shirt to encourage questions from people I meet about how little is actually known - outside of his own biased team's productions -about Obama's birth.

You're encouraged to join in and push the envelope of inquiry even further. All it takes is a will to see the truth regardless of the pressure to be quiet and stop resisting.

Before Obama's candidacy, I actively campaigned for many Democratic candidates, but never again. Now, I truly believe our two major parties are compromised beyond repair. That was a hard pill for me to swallow and I struggled for months to come to terms with it's implications.

Many progressive independents, previous Democrats and Republicans are now fighting to help remove the Electoral College influence on federal elections. Most of us are of the opinion that no real change in US national politics can occur without first eliminating this intervening body.

So, again, thanks for this marvelous find! Good on ya!

!!!

Edit: Sorry about the typos, iPhone doesn't have spell-check. Hope I caught 'em all.

I also haven't had my coffee! 

Namaste.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LeelaSavage]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I found this supposed quote interesting:

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office.

Source: countusout.wordpress.com...

I ran that particular quote through a plagiarism checker to see where it originated, and it leads to a blog; which is talking about this recent "article" the OP was nice enough to post and bring to our attention.

But it would be interesting to see if an exchange between Keyes and Obama, like reported, really took place.

Anyone have any information about that? Maybe this is a rumor that's been in the birther circle - but I wouldn't know. This is the first I've heard of it.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I just saw a website while searching for more info and i found this:
www.audacityofhypocrisy.com...

I believed it before but this should seal the deal for those who were on the fence.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Wow, guilty or what?

Cant believe they would do that and think nobody would notice now.

I doubt I will get a reply to my email now.

The archive is still there.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
given the fact that press reportage has been shown to contain factual error after factual error - why should i , or anyone else believe this ` kenyan born ` statement to be true ???

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I found the debates in question,

Debate 1
Debate 2
Debate 3

Ill read through them and see if that quote is actually in there. Somehow I doubt that it is. But it might be. Everyone has access to it, so you can all check with me and confirm or deny.

Something about this stinks of StormFront.org

[edit on 10/15/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
After well more than a year of intense accusations of Obama being born in Kenya and this obviously smoking gun appears only now? And appears seemingly simultaneously on all the usual suspect websites?

I wouldn't be reading a conspiracy website if I wasn't inclined to be a little skeptical of that just on its face value.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

clerical error? its the headline. wouldnt the headline be the last place for a clerical error? i mean its the the one line that people read to figure out if they wanna read anymore of it.. i doubt clerical eroor.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is strange too. When I use the wayback machine and look at the same date for the same paper, this is what I get.

web.archive.org... eastandard.net...

Why do I get something different than the OP article? Ok this doesn't work for me to link it, I don't know why. But just quote me, then take the space out between the /and the http: and you will get what I am looking at.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The attempt to erase Obama's birth information already begins...

“Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate” news is now deleted from Kenyan Newspaper website.

Below is a link to this story. The news is now deleted and the story now links to our all-too-familiar "404 Error" buddy. They still have this story summation link up, though.

archive.wn.com...

"Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate"

This is fairly similar to what happened early in the election process, with sites scrubbed clean of possibly incriminating evidence after being mentioned on the Internet. Nothing new.

Guess they didn't get every bit of Obama's prior records off the web, huh?

Given enough time, truth does prevail. Hopefully, everyone interested and knowledgeable is busy self-archiving before this gets wiped clean, too.

On a site for conspiracies, we may just actually get to see what happens when a large political conspiracy unwinds. Let's hear it for the Information Age, siblings!

And...

Good luck, truth seekers. We're gonna need it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment on if I think it is real or not, or if Obama is Kenyan born or not, instead, I am going to point out some of the skeptical remarks on this issue.

It seems like every skeptical remark falls into one of five categories

1. Doubt the journalists credibility -- blame the journalist for not fact checking, obviously it is his mistake and not my world view

2. Ask why this article hasn't surfaced earlier. "Why are the birthers just now uncovering this? Surely they would have uncovered this earlier." This is a slick technique, because it is actually complimenting the conspiracy theorist on his investigative means, for example, "CT's will dig up any kind of dirt against their opponents, so why bring this up so late?" On one hand the skeptic is acknowledging the zealousness of the CT, however, even if this article did surface on time, see rule number 1 (deny credibility)

3. It's a hoax! Of course it can be a hoax, however this is a guarantee to at least distract the masses regardless of the facts. It could be real. It could be a hoax. Who knows, but remember, it COULD be a hoax (it also COULD be real)

4. Deny the conspiracy. "It's impossible for so many people to collectively agree to lie about someone's birth, including hospitals, doctors, media, etc." However, it apparently IS possible for different people across the world to collectively pass on a rumor while assuming it is a fact (meaning the birth certificate could be a fake and thus a rumor that's simply passed around).

5. (thankfully I haven't seen this on this post yet, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing this, however it is convenient outside of forums such as ATS) when all else fails: INSULT! call them a tin foil hat wearer or mention big foot.

Look at the replies from the skeptics, and tell me if I'm missing something here. I'm sure someone could come up with some rules as to what birthers follow (1. it HAS to be a conspiracy. 2. I don't like him therefore... 3. The journalists ALWAYS fact check)...

Remember, we're all Skeptics on some level.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
if the article was removed, I'll become a believer. The best way to tell if someone is lying is based on how much they try to hide or conceal information. It could have been very easy for the newspaper to simply say it was a careless mistake and reprimand the journalist. Why try to erase it unless you're operating in a 1984 "he who controls the past controls the future" mentality.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

why don't you just take your tinfoil hat off for a minute, tell bigfoot to quiet down and think about what you're saying..........

sorry, couldn't resist.

clearly the east african standard have an inside track here, but i'ld prefer to see the original AP story. interesting.

[edit on 15/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

When I click the link I get an Invalid Request page. What is it supposed to link to?

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't realize I hadn't refreshed the page before I posted.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Why do I get something different than the OP article? Ok this doesn't work for me to link it, I don't know why. But just quote me, then take the space out between the /and the http: and you will get what I am looking at.

The article is there. It's linked under the News Headlines, third from the top.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thanks Scoob,

That proves it once and for all, we live in Kenya.

OMG that cracked me up! Doublethink at its best.

Great find! I am interested in this topic, though I don't think it will ever go anywhere. TPTB want Obama in, he's in, and that's that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join