It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rumbling...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Ill definitely get some recordings as well as ask some people that live around there.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
...I was thinking, what about a pole shift, I mean, i don't think anybody on the planet would even know what that would sound like or even if it makes a noise, so why not, right?

I'm guessing that you mean a pole shift as a result of an axis shift, right? Man, if that ever happens we are in seriously bad trouble, no matter where we live.

But as you say, "why not"? Until we have an answer to this weirdness we probably cannot rule anything out.

Originally posted by underduck
We need to start collecting recordings of these sounds and see if we can compare them to the rumblings being heard in the NW and other parts of the world. I was thinking that the rumblings out west were going to being some geological phenomenon but MN is right in the middle of a plate. I am down in Iowa and we are not used to activity like this.

If this is something geological happening deep within the Earth it would appear to be unlike anything I am familiar with.

I’m with you on that. We need all the data we can get, because this phenomenon seems to be so widespread that a simple or single explanation is going to be hard to find as things stand. As for the seismic activity, I have not seen a great deal in your part of the world and geologically it’s supposed to be pretty stable.

reply to post by Lichter daraus

That would be excellent
If you hear anything then it would be great if you can do recordings which state the time/date, place, and even the direction the microphone is pointing. (ie point it north and comment that it’s pointing north, then south - ditto - and so on.) Besides comments for records purposes, it would be good if you could otherwise let the recordings just run so that others can later analyse the sounds.

But if you feel the need to say “wtf” I’m sure we’ll understand…
I sure would if I heard stuff like that out of nowhere…

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be excellent If you hear anything then it would be great if you can do recordings which state the time/date, place, and even the direction the microphone is pointing. (ie point it north and comment that it’s pointing north, then south - ditto - and so on.) Besides comments for records purposes, it would be good if you could otherwise let the recordings just run so that others can later analyse the sounds.

But if you feel the need to say “wtf” I’m sure we’ll understand… I sure would if I heard stuff like that out of nowhere…

Mike

Well im just gonna head up to the city these noises are in as it is only 20-30min. away from me. I don't have the money or the gas to go much farter.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I just found this thread. Might be some sort of link.

[url=www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Any recordings of the sound yet? And is the rumbling still going on? I would like to know what this rumble is, seems to be a lot of it lately.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

If you want to get deeply into the subject of "pole shift" then this thread by ET_Man might be of interest.

He also goes into "pole shift" in great detail. It's a huge thread (80-plus pages) so you're if you're limited for time just search the OP's own posts in thread to get the main info he presents.

I prefer the term "axis shift" for the sort of event he describes and which you've suggested here. "Pole shifts" of the magnetic variety have occurred quite frequently and in fact our magnetic north is moving all the time as far as I can determine from available data. This kind of shift doesn't seem to have any serious effects and in fact many people probably are not even aware that it happens. Axis shift, however is a far more drastic sort of thing and we'd definitely know about it, because it would involve our planet actually changing its axial position.

Then of course there's the "expanding Earth" theory but I'd need to study it a lot further before I'd feel able to even comment. I know that the mainstream scientific community has not given it any credence, but seeing as history shows us that scientists have often debunked concepts that later are shown to be fact (as for example when they said the Earth does not go around the sun; the Earth's flat; heavier-than-air flight is impossible; etc etc)
then we have to keep an open mind to all sorts of theories.

I also noticed a new thread yesterday about another earthquake swarm in Yellowstone. This may be unrelated to the "weird sounds" phenomena but as we don't really know then it's worth mentioning. Sorry I don't have the thread link handy but if needed I can post it later.

Mike

[edit on 16/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I was thinking maybe it may be more of a magnetic shift then, I don't think its an axis shift, like you said i think we would know that by now, unless its a slow process. I wonder if a magnetic shift would make any noises? Like a big magnetic shift, not like how the axis wobbles now. I assume that's really nothing compared to the whole entire magnetic field shifting.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Well my sis was just up there today for a job interview. When she is not busy ill give her call

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well, as far as I know, scientists can't even give a definitive answer as to why we have magnetic shift at all. They have theories but that's all. (I'm not blaming them for not knowing, though. It's a hard one to solve.)

So, if there were to be a major magnetic shift it's hard to say what the precursors might be. That's another reason why any data that can be gathered about the "strange noise" phenomenon might be useful in future.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I experienced this when I first moved into my house, it would happen the same times every day my bed/house would even shake from it.

I ended up looking on google earth, and in a very heavily wooded area around my house there were train tracks.

I know this may not be the case for all, but for some I am sure it is.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So last night i went out for a smoke, and for the first time in my part of MN, i could hear what sounded like a jet in the distance, but it never got closer(louder) and it never went away, it was constant. It seemed like the sound was all around me but at a distance. This morning i went out to check it out and nothing. ill be listening for this again tonight.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

It's always best to assume the mundane and check the surroundings like you did. If you hear something that's clearly not a train, then it'll get interesting...

Let us know if it happens again and if it does, try to capture the sounds on a video recorder. Make sure you state the time and date, and as you turn the camera mention the direction. Anything you get could be useful.

By the way, I read on an old thread about similar sounds, that venting of high-pressure steam from turbines at a power station can make this kind of noise. Are there any steam-turbine power stations within your area? Even maybe up to ten miles away?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by pop_science

It's always best to assume the mundane and check the surroundings like you did. If you hear something that's clearly not a train, then it'll get interesting...

Let us know if it happens again and if it does, try to capture the sounds on a video recorder. Make sure you state the time and date, and as you turn the camera mention the direction. Anything you get could be useful.

By the way, I read on an old thread about similar sounds, that venting of high-pressure steam from turbines at a power station can make this kind of noise. Are there any steam-turbine power stations within your area? Even maybe up to ten miles away?

I don't think the noise would have been loud enough to capture on any recording, and nope no steam-turbine stations.
Forgot to add, I didn't hear it again last night so i don't know what it was.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This guy in Australia seems to be hearing similar sounds at night. he describes them as a low rumbling that he can feel the vibrations from.

link

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

Awesome thanks for that. Yet another link to this mystery.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Since this is not just in the USA I think I am going to eliminate Military for now and go with Earth changes. I think maybe birthing Volcanism and new fissures might be opening underground.

Magnetic anomalies I believe are occuring also I am in the belief that this is to prevent the Earth Axis from doing its thing and causing extinction.

Only time will tell and as they say whatever is to be will be.

I Sounds from the skies, I don't know but it doesn't sound natural.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by observe50]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Could be. So do you gotta link to that door you were talking about in the other thread? Sounds interesting to me

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry forgot about that, I do not have a link but it has been mentioned right here at ATS so it's somewhere here.

Zorgon might remember, if you don't know Zorgon you should get to know him you will learn he is an impressive person to know and I'm proud to consider him a friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yes i have read many of his posts, but i thought it would be weird to add him as a friend considering i have never had any discussion with him directly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't see why you can't make Zorgon a friend he is a very kind and approachable man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join