It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rumbling...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Not sure about booms, im searchin the net for reports right now though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I found the news report.

www.kare11.com...

Looks like it is still under investigation. Very strange.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We sometimes get a rumbling in the skies (when there is complete cloud cover) that sounds like a massive aircraft. I always wonder how big it must be or if something about the cloud cover amplifies the sound of a normal jet. We live on a flight path to Dulles and normally can see the jets when it isn't cloudy, but don't really hear them so much.

Will be interested in reading what you find.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok well there is another thread talking about these noises
www.youtube.com...

These are the same noises being reported in my area. i mentioned something about it in that thread but i must not be popular enough for any of them to come check my thread out and help make some links but, anyway, this is all i got so far...

PEACE!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Mods feel free to delete this thread its not going anywhere...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Using google earth and looking up where there at. They can sit no further then .26 miles from 3 sets of railroad tracks. And funny in google earth you can see trains on the tracks. Plus there is a large area where semis looks like a shipping company of some kind. Plus just 100's of yards from there house is large oil or fuel storage area.

maps.google.com...

44.878088,-93.008108

[edit on 14-10-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Ok well there is another thread talking about these noises
www.youtube.com...

These are the same noises being reported in my area. i mentioned something about it in that thread but i must not be popular enough for any of them to come check my thread out and help make some links but, anyway, this is all i got so far...

PEACE!!!

Your thread got buried... I didn't even see it until you mentioned it today in the other thread. You should go back and edit in a link to this thread (in your posts over there) ... Interesting how it all sounds similar.

ETA: I lived in MPLS for a bit, Uptown area by Calhoun. Gorgeous place. If I ever had to go back to the MW, it would be there.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nevermind, I completely read the OP wrong.

This is very interesting though. Any major fault lines in the area?

[edit on 10/14/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I have several times but it seems nobody wants to make links to the same stuff going on here. I'm pretty much givin up on this thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

There actually is some fault lines in MN. There is a big one very close to where i live but it has been quite for as long as i have lived here. I have been in this state since the day i was born.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Did you listen to the youtube vid of the sounds? Its not trains or planes. I used to live right next to railroad tracks, they were literally in the front yard. They sound completely different.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by LadySkadi

I have several times but it seems nobody wants to make links to the same stuff going on here. I'm pretty much givin up on this thread.

I'd like to ask you not to give on this thread just yet. Thank you for starting it and also for posting the link to it over on the other thread that's discussing similar happenings. Sometimes when we are busy working our way through one thread we don't jump to another right away but speaking for myself if a poster refers us to something relevant and interesting I always try to drop by. This thread is certainly relevant and interesting.

You mentioned that you've lived in the same state all your life; this is a real advantage when it comes to tapping into local knowledge and lore. Have you heard or read of any older folks around there who can recall anything like these noises in the past, even decades ago? Or are there any media reports that refer to "old", similar events? If so it would be great to know about them, but if not, then this suggests something very strange indeed is going on...

I guess I've done at least a couple of hundred posts here on ATS in relation to quakes and seismic activity, much of it related to the USA, and I cannot recall anything like this being mentioned. Also I don't know of any seismicity in your region that's on a scale comparable to the U.S. West Coast region. So this really has me curious and I suspect it's a portent of something very significant indeed.

But that's just my feeling... I'm a big believer in "gut instinct"/"intuition" (or whatever we want to call it), so I'd like to ask: what's your feeling about all this?

Good talking to you,

Mike.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I have never heard anything about older reports of this sound, But i did a google search on earth quakes and this is what i got(I put what i think is relevant but there tons more info on the site):earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov... taneic.usgs.gov...
www.dnr.state.mn.us...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Okay, so there are apparently no reports of these kinds of sounds in your region in the past. That's significant. This is one reason why I feel your thread is important, because these sounds are so hard to explain as related to seismic activity. If the sounds in your region are the same as those reported in the West Coast areas, it makes me wonder if either there is a non-seismic cause for them, or there is some kind of seismicity occurring in your region that's hitherto unknown to scientists.

Thanks for posting the links. They help to confirm that as far as scientists are concerned (in organizations like eg USGS), there is very little present-day seismic activity known in your region -- certainly nothing on the scale of what's both known and potential for the US West Coast.

So -- what's your feeling? What's your gut telling you? Is this natural, of human origin (or even a combination of the two), or is it something else?

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, to me they seem mechanical, so i don't think it is natural at all, but it could be. Makes me wonder if there is anything natural that might have a mechanical sound to it that might resemble the sound.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We need to start collecting recordings of these sounds and see if we can compare them to the rumblings being heard in the NW and other parts of the world. I was thinking that the rumblings out west were going to being some geological phenomenon but MN is right in the middle of a plate. I am down in Iowa and we are not used to activity like this.

If this is something geological happening deep within the Earth it would appear to be unlike anything I am familiar with.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Volcanism (magma movement) can have similar sounds but generally not at the same pitch. They are usually lower -- but they can manifest as a "pulsing". However, until we can get some more data it's very hard to narrow down the cause of this. Your ow feeling is that it's mechanical, so that at least is something we can follow up on. I think we'd appreciate it if you can keep us informed of any more reports that you pick up on in your area. It seems a prosaic explanation is unlikely, so "whatever-it-is" is bound to be interesting if nothing else.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

That is a great idea. I was thinking, what about a pole shift, I mean, i don't think anybody on the planet would even know what that would sound like or even if it makes a noise, so why not, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No problem and yes i'll make sure to keep this updated as i get info. I'm gonna drive out there when i get a chance to also and check out the sounds for my self.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No problem and yes i'll make sure to keep this updated as i get info. I'm gonna drive out there when i get a chance to also and check out the sounds for my self.

See if you can get something on tape. Of all the "rumbling" reports going on right now in ATS this is the most interesting to me ...

1. Because it is the closest to me

2. It doesnt sit on a traditionally rumbling piece of rock ... well not at least since the ice age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join