It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can dragons actually exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am not talking about a fire breathing dragon or a dragon with magical powers, I am wondering could a dragon actually exist with the physical structure, folk tales/religions says they have. Some people might refer dragons to pterodactyls but I am wondering could a dragon actually exist, (like the physical structure, on this earth)? Of course I know they don’t exist, so I am not delusional, I am just wondering could a dragon's structure, be sustainable with earth atmosphere. (When the Dinosaurs were around?)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

There probably was some dragon looking type creature back when the dynosaurs roamed the earth. I mean we can only dig so far down before there is nothing left to find.

Someday we may find remains frozen below the surface of places like antartica or Greenland.

The idea is not far fetched. The fire breathing however, I cannot think of a reason that they would require it as part of the biological process. I mean, they are fearsome creatures without it.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Interesting show you might want to watch. Theoretically they are possible. Albeit highly improbable. The Last Dragon; Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There was a program on......Animal Planet channel about a real dragon being found.

It was a two hour program and it explained how it flew as well as how it made fire.

Here is the link to the Animal planet site.:
Dragons

I am sure you can find this show somewhere around the net.

Watcher just beat me to it.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So this was found?

Really?

A scientist discovers a real dragon in the Carpathian mountains?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

It was a mockumentary. I wish though...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I think your'e referring to the Komodo dragon this one big butt ugly nasty lizard dude.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

no.

I may have had bad link, but I am sure of the show.

It was hosted by patric stewart.

Now, they showed the body (dead).

The show had animation of what it must have looked like as well as how it did what it did.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't see why they couldn't exist, at least in a non-magical form. No fire-breathing. Maybe no flying, though some reptiles did fly (pterodactyl, etc.).

I wonder whether dragons really did exist at one time. So many cultures refer to them, have depictions of them, it makes me think there must have been some sort of animal that looked like a dragon. If so, they died out. But - where are their bones? We've got bones from all kinds of extinct animals, but none for dragons that I know about.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

No, I was thinking of a dragon that matches something around this description.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Since the 1800's the Smithsonian Institute has "hidden" anything that contradicts the mainstream idea of history or science or religion. This is a proven fact.

I personally believe that dragons existed well into the early 1700's in europe and asia. The fact that we dont uncover these remains--- isnt that they arnt being uncovered- its that its not allowed to be told in the media.

I remember a past life, where I personally saw dragons in europe of the 1300's. So-- yea they were real. They are probably all gone now, or exist in the underworld, in the hollow earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And what proof do you have that the Smithsonian Institute is hiding these discovery's??? Do you have any links??? Also are there any accounts from the 13th century saying there where flying creatures(dragons)??

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the mythology of the dragon more than likely came about to be when dinosaur fossils was discovered in the earth by ancient man, and they didnt know what to make of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I dont know. The dragons in korean, chineese folklore all look different then fossils we see today. Mabey theres more to meets the eye. The anatomy of a dragon could be possible. But there is no way he/she could breathe fire

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Actually, it's possible. Just like I said improbable. Check out this critter: Bombardier beetle

Bombardier Beetles are ground beetles (Carabidae) in the tribes Brachinini, Paussini, Ozaenini, or Metriini—more than 500 species altogether—that are most notable for the defense mechanism that gives them their name: When disturbed, the beetle ejects a noxious chemical spray in a rapid burst of pulses from special glands in its abdomen. The ejection is accompanied with a popping sound.

A Bombardier beetle produces and stores two reactant chemical compounds, hydroquinone and hydrogen-peroxide in separate reservoirs in the rear tip of its abdomen. When threatened, the beetle contracts muscles that force the two reactants through valved tubes into a mixing chamber containing water and a mixture of catalytic enzymes. When combined, the reactants undergo a violent exothermic chemical reaction raising the temperature to near the boiling point of water. The corresponding pressure buildup forces the entrance valves from the reactant storage chambers to close thus protecting the beetles internal organs. The boiling, foul-smelling liquid partially becomes a gas (flash evaporation) and is expelled through an outlet valve into the atmosphere with a loud popping sound. The flow of reactants into the reaction chamber and subsequent ejection to the atmosphere occurs cyclically at a rate of about 500 times per second and with the total pulsation period lasting for only a fraction of a second.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
"Dragons" DO, in fact, exist -- mostly the flying petros and the swimming kind. They are time-traveling dinosaurs that accidentally slip through time portals when they hit a stargate right at the exact space-time moment that enables them to slip through and fast-forward millions of years in time-space to our present space-time realities.

England used to be a hot spot for those time-traveling stargates, but not anymore, as the stargate portals have shifted.

Here's a very good article on this phenomenon...

divinecosmos.com...

...that can go a long ways in explaining the "fire-breathing dragon" phenomenon. Most people attribute them to myths, but they, in fact, have existed and do exist on Earth from time to time. Read that article and you will understand this "myth" that is described in every single culture in the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Sounds like the BBC series Primeval.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The issue about this, is how do we know that Dino fossils haven't been mistaken for them? Not to mention what we term " Magical " is merely a definition we have given the unknown. if you went back in time, and showed people what we have, we would be viewed as Gods with magical abilities, and only for the lack of their knowledge on the matter.

So with that said, I haven't seen proof of dragons not existing .

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dragons are my FRIENDS AND YES THEY EXIST lol im crazy right???

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Given the fact that life is most likely wide spread across the galaxy who's to say there isn't a creature we would call a "dragon" existing elsewhere?

<<   2  3 >>

join