It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual reports of UFOs 'taking on water'.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift

Perhaps the use of water has nothing do with cooling or propulsion or any time of engineering, at all. Maybe these "E.T." (or perhaps, terrestrials) have a natural habit more amenable to an aquatic environment. So, much as we bring air into space to suite are natural environment (Earth's surface), they bring water into their ships to suite their natural habitat (water). Just a thought.

ForwardDrift, interesting thought mate -never looked at it that way before.

Here's another strange report of an unknown object hovering over a lake from Alabama in 1973

Town Turns Out To Watch UFO

A saucer-shaped UFO "as big as a school bus" has been observed by more than one hundred residents of Lexington, Ala., during recent weeks.

According to one NICAP member living in the area, scores of individuals have been gathering each night around the town in hopes of spotting the UFO.

Most of the sightings have occurred between 8 and 9 p.m., and while descriptions differ in minor details, most describe the object as saucer-shaped and reddish or bluish in color.

One of the most recent sightings occurred Sunday, Feb. 4, 1973, when two young men driving in Lexington spotted a low-flying object and followed it at 50 mph as it headed towards Rogersville and than on to Wheeler Dam. As the witnesses approached the dam, they said the UFO appeared to hover over the lake and then move off towards Huntsville. A TVA worker employed at the Wheeler Dam also said he saw it.

One Lexington resident, describing his town as a quiet town where the "old values" still count, said "there has never been anything like this to stir up a town — I don't know what or why it is bugging us, but I hope we find out."

link

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Witness testimony from Barrio Norte soda water plant, Argentina, March, 1997:

Argentina: Jujuy Worker Claims Having Stood 20 Meters from “Water-Sampling” UFO

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Another 'UFO occupant with a hose' report, this time from 1914.

Georgia Bay, 1914

In 1966, in a letter received at APRO headquarters, after reading several articles by Coral Lorenzen in Fate magazine, a man confided his memories to someone who apparently "would listen to such revelations with a sympathetic ear." The writer said that late one August evening in 1914, a man and woman, their three small children, and three young American men crouched behind rocks and brush along the banks of Lake Ontario at Georgia Bay, Canada, when they saw a round craft, which appeared to be about 15 feet in diameter, rested on the surface of the water about 450 feet from shore. On the square-shaped substructure at the water line, they allegedly saw two small men-like creatures that were busy with some sort of green "hose." The little men worked quickly and seemed to be having some problem with kinks in the hose, by the way they manipulated it. APRO contacted the writer, identified the witnesses, and found out there was nothing to cast doubt on the report.

link

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Really interesting report from Lake Baskatong in Quebec where two campers witnessed a UFO 'hurtle out of the sky' and then 'hover silently over the water' for about 30 seconds (they also took a photo).

The Lake Baskatong Sighting of 1978

UFO expert Marc Leduc (see above) predicted 1978 to be a “busy year” for UFO sightings in Quebec, and he wasn’t wrong, as this sighting demonstrates.

Two citizens of Île-Perrot went camping at La Vérendrye park on Saturday, March 11th, 1978, specifically by Lake Baskatong. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, the pair suddenly saw an object “hurtle out of the sky” which sent them in a fit of fear fleeing the scene.

Once the duo recovered their wits, they returned to the lake, only to see what they said was a UFO “hovering silently over the water” for about 30 seconds.

Despite capturing a photo of the alleged UFO, the Île-Perrot pair couldn’t convince officials, since the clarity of the image was quite poor.

9 Montreal UFO Sightings That Can Never Be Explained

Newspaper Article

Photo and analysis

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Policeman witnesses strange cigar shaped 'craft' hovering over the water on Random island lake, October, 1978.

Retired RCMP officer remembers Clarenville UFO experience

When the 25-year-old Blackwood responded to the call from the group on Marine Drive, he assumed it was a simple case of the b’ys getting into the moonshine and letting their imaginations run wild.

But, what Blackwood ended up seeing made him a minor celebrity and the subject of ridicule on the force, so much so that after leaving Clarenville he rarely spoke of the incident.

“I went down and the craft was hovering between Clarenville and Random Island, right on the water. It was only a couple hundred feet off the water. It was there for good two hours before it left,” the now retired Blackwood told The Packet from his home in Nova Scotia.

“I activated the roof lights of my police car and it activated lights at the same time.”

Using a special telescope for drug surveillance, the once skeptical Blackwood had an up close view to something he can’t explain to this day.

“Chester (Lethbridge) had binoculars. But this thing was a lot better with 60 times’ magnification. I got to see it close up. It didn’t come any closer to us and as it started to leave it went up slow, taking forever to rise — then vroom — gone like a shooting star,” Blackwood said..

Blackwood is an aircraft enthusiast with a working knowledge of all kinds of planes. He is confidently convinced the hovering object the size of a Boeing 737, was not something from around here.

“I’m familiar with aircrafts of all shapes and sizes. But the metal on it was not like aircraft metal. It was very dull and not shiny at all. It wasn’t even smooth. It was very coarse looking,” he said.

“The technology was way beyond what we had then and still way beyond what we have now.”

link

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

A "historical" interview with Blackwood. Yet I'm confused when someone calls a UFO "cigar shaped." Blackwood shows one of his drawings of the object --- Yet he said that the object rotated 360 degrees, while in a hover mode. If he saw the front of the craft...why did he not give us a drawing of the craft facing head-on? Or is it his intention to demonstrate that the craft was disc shaped? Yet if you look at a saucer shape by observing either side, not top an bottom --- It resembles a cigar shape.

So was the object that Blackwood saw....cigar shaped or disc shaped?

edit on 2-1-2016 by Erno86 because: deleted a word

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Mighty fine point there Erno and will try to find out more about the Officer Blackwood case when time allows (as it's a very interesting one!). UFOBevy mentions a few pages back that Liverpool has had its fair share of freaky UFO reports over the years and below is another relevant one involving a bell shaped object being witnessed 'sucking up a column of water' from the river Mersey.

A woman saw a "bell shaped object" hover over the Mersey near Fiddlers Ferry power station. It appeared to be "sucking up a column of water" from the river. Six other passers-by also witnessed the event. This was the start of a two-month spate of sightings over Halton. Many witnesses saw all manner of unusual objects and lights, ranging from bright star like objects, flying discs and black triangles to huge wedge shaped objects which were described as being larger than two football pitches.

link

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Unusual object witnessed taking on water - Lake Constance, Switzerland:

Mrs. H was in Kaltenbach near Stein am Rhein across from the palace Hohenklingen. From there was a panoramic view of the lake and its transition into a river. It was around 6 am. The sun rose, and from her position Ms H. saw "a large, strange flying object", a classic flying saucer, which had a wide disk with a cupola above and a curved out cupola like from below.

The disk-like UFO hovered over the river. Then the underside of the UFO opened. Out of the opened hatch came something like a long, very thin tube. It went into the Rhine. Nothing happened for ten minutes. Then the hose was drawn in again and the hatch closed.

The flying saucer shot up vertically with enormous speed. It revolved, speed towards Germany and vanished (mysteries 8, Page. 56).                                                       

link

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Report submitted to NUFORC´s Peter Davenport - Delta, Pennsylvania, January, 1978;

The four of us were playing out near the pond when we notice[d] a light coming toward us from the distance. Slowly it approched [sic-approached] over the pond and dropped a long cylinder into the pond and started sucking up water. I got scared and ran into the house to hide under the couch. My brother runs in and says we have to tell Mom and the other parents. We run to the next house and in panic we expalin [sic-explain] what is going on right outside. At first they thought we were just kidding. But finally we got them to come outside and by that time it was moving off into the distance.

link

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Slayer69 said it earlier: fuel.

Heavy water (deuterium oxide[...]) is a form of water that contains a larger than normal amount of the hydrogen isotope deuterium (2-H or D, also known as heavy hydrogen), rather than the common hydrogen-1 isotope (1-H or H, also called protium) that makes up most of the hydrogen in normal water.

Wikipedia: Heavy Water.

Deuterium occurs in water as heavy water at some small percentage. You could extract it by filtration. There, it can be used for nuclear reaction moderation (nuclear fission reactors), or, as a fuel for nuclear fusion. That is what humans are working on, fusing deuterium with tritium which releases energy and a helium nucleus (alpha particle). If you can get millions of these reactions happening a second you get more energy out than you put in.

What do you do with that energy? Why create an envelope around your craft to float around, of course!

And as a side bonus, you get clean, filtered water to stay hydrated with!

Didn't one of those Belgium black triangles also suck water out of a lake? I'd have to research that one.

Great work on your thread!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Many thanks for the post mate and I think you´re right about the Belgium report - here´s another extremely freaky one over Little Pudding River in Oregon - very strange indeed!

See 53;00

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
To me, "taking on water" means there's a breach in the hull and the craft will sink if not resolved.

(cool thread though s+f)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Thanks mate - here's yet another report of a domed disc shaped object from Clear Fork Reservoir in Ohio in July, 1973 - according to the witnesses it looked like it was 'getting fresh water and flushing out it's tanks' - the UFO then went straight up and shot off at a right angle.

See 4:05

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Interesting here with the Little Pudding River, as this is quite near my home.

Perhaps, Karl 12, you might have some advice as to how one might research this event further, as it is stated 'no date.'

Would be interested in taking on a local pursuit, if I knew where to start.

Thanks for another super case study.

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nexotop

I'm at sea buddy so I don't ever have time to post anything - what I will say is to really try to remain objective as many people commenting upon this subject have utter contempt for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You're at sea, Karl?

Keep your eyes pealed and your eyes on the sky!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm speculating...that besides a fiery balled foo fighter needing deuterium from seawater for fuel, so as to feed the magnetically contained (outside the starship's hull) fusion plasma reaction; that feeds the micro mini black hole propulsion unit onboard (in places that lack regular starlight photon fuel for propulsion) --- You would need a magnetically contained layer of water, that surrounds the starship, in order to protect the hull & crew from neutron radiation and heat from the fusion plasma reaction; including help to douse any fires when the foo fighter lands in fire prone areas.

Karl - Can you tell me what waters are traversing now?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They can have 400ft of ocean water and It wouldn't bother me, at all. As long as they are taking it back to "Mars", that would be great lol lol lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to: angeldoll

Will do matey and some of the older salty SeaDogs do have some very strange tales of submerged lights and UFO sightings going quite far back - as for the thread subject there's a presentation below which contains other accounts from the Gosford water sucking UFO - also some very odd Aussie reports and several accounts of authorities confiscating UFO photographs.

Cheers!

* Erno , I'm on the Med matey

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
News article about another water sucking UFO - Berita Minggu, 16th December, 1984 (unfortunately in Portuguese).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join