It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It was founded in Memphis, Tennessee by 33rd degree Freemason and Shriner Danny Thomas when he was 50 years old. Danny Thomas was a Catholic Lebanese immigrant who worked as a nightclub comedian and eventually ended up in Hollywood. He was also Phil Donahue's father-in-law.

The "hospital" claims to be sponsored by multiple corporations and fraternities. It boasts having received $100 million in funding from Epsilon Sigma Alpha International, as well as an anonymous donation of a McDonald's $1 million game piece. Allegedly, McDonald's broke the rules in order to award the $1 million to St. Jude Hospital. According to Wikipedia, St. Jude Hospital has received funding from the following corporations:

• Target
  • Domino's Pizza
  • the Williams-Sonoma family of brands (including Pottery Barn and West Elm)
  • CVS/pharmacy
  • Kmart
  • Kay Jewelers
  • 7-Eleven
  • American Airlines
  • American Kiosk Management
  • AutoZone
  • Brooks Brothers
  • Busch Gardens
  • Casual Male XL
  • Catherines
  • Diane von Furstenberg
  • Dollar General
  • Easy Spirit
  • General Nutrition Centers (GNC)
  • Gymboree
  • HSN (Home Shopping Network)
  • J. P. Morgan-Chase
  • Marshall's
  • The Melting Pot
  • the Memphis Grizzlies NBA franchise
  • Nine West
  • Rochester
  • Sag Harbor
  • Saks Fifth Avenue
  • SeaWorld
  • the St. Louis Rams NFL franchise
  • Westfield Shoppingtowns
  • Yahoo!
  • Ronald McDonald House
  • Target House
  • Bank of America
  • FedEx/Kinko's
  • Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment
  • Stanford Financial Group

It has been endorsed by:

• Miley Cyrus
  • Chris Brown
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Gilberto Santarosa
  • Jose Feliciano
  • Daisy Fuentes
  • Phil Mickelson
  • Laura Bush
  • Tom Hanks
  • Tiger Woods
  • Britney Spears
  • Ray Romano
  • John Travolta
  • Marlo Thomas
  • Benjamin Bratt
  • Ron Howard
  • Lucy Liu
  • Bill Cosby
  • Jon Bon Jovi
  • Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Garth Brooks
  • Cindy Crawford
  • Barbara Bush
  • Scott Hamilton
  • Tara Lipinski
  • Nolan Ryan
  • Joe Montana
  • Mike Ditka
  • Bill Parcells
  • Don Shula
  • Lee Trevino
  • Chris Byrd
  • Andy Roddick
  • Tommy Haas
  • Pete Sampras
  • Venus Williams
  • Lindsey Davenport
  • Vijay Singh

Parents with an "inability to pay" are sponsored by charities such as ALSAC, which stands for American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities. St. Jude is affiliated with other Lebanese hospitals and charities as well.

They work with the Scholastic Corporation to produce math education materials in a fund-raising program called the Math-A-Thon. They force students to beg for money and submit it in exchange for the materials. Some students are awarded objects such as MP3 players for raising a certain amount of money. The phrase "Math-A-Thon" is used, albeit inaccurately, in an episode of the children's TV show Arthur (which is sponsored by McDonald's, CVS and Chuck E. Cheeses). The show has parodied South Park, The Sopranos, Beavis and Butthead and the Jerry Springer Show in other episodes. The Arthur character has been ranked as one of the 50 greatest cartoon characters of all time by TV Guide.

They also hold a fund-raiser called St. Jude Heroes. Participants are asked to beg for money, enticing them with possible rewards like a free vacation. As a "St. Jude Hero" you get to wear a shiny badge when you register for marathons and such.

The word "Jude" could have been used as double-talk in the song "Hey Jude" published in 1968 by Paul McCartney. Some say that Paul had secretly died in 1966 and was replaced by a body double.

The official website for St. Jude has a Pharmaceutical Sciences section, which must be located by navigating, or through a search engine (the website uses uniquely identifying URLs which shouldn't be copy-and-pasted).

According to the Support St. Jude MySpace page (myspace.com...), "We've seen a single cell grow into a parent's worst fear." The "Teenagers Speak Out" blog is a lie a minute.

A quote from Danny Thomas can be found here: www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't get it...

why is this listed in the secret society section?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not sure I really follow what you're trying to say here OP. Maybe you could elaborate for me or just state it plainly for those of us who are scratching our heads. Please do continue though. I feel like you may have something more to say.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
They work with the Scholastic Corporation to produce math education materials in a fund-raising program called the Math-A-Thon. They force students to beg for money and submit it in exchange for the materials. Some students are awarded objects such as MP3 players for raising a certain amount of money.

My daughter just participated in the Math-A-Thon last school year. There was nothing nefarious about it. They do not have to beg for money and submit it to be given the materials. The fundraising form and the math book were sent home at the same time. It is a standard fundraiser, just like the many others that school kids can participate in throughout the year.

There are prizes for raising certain amounts of money, but you will likely also find that with every single other school fundraiser the school participates in. No one was forced to raise money or participate, it was completely voluntary and afforded my child the chance to earn a prize of a ticket to Six Flags Great America. She wouldn't have gotten to go without that free ticket, because I sure can't afford to pay their door prices and she'd been longing to go for a while to Great America.

I have no idea what other point you might be getting at, but the Math-A-Thon is one thing that I checked out before letting my kid raise money for and participate in and there was nothing at all wrong with it.

Just my .02 for a bit of perspective.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

For those who just skimmed through the original post, St. Jude Hospital is run by the Shriners, which is a branch of Freemasonry.

The Freemasons claim that they do charity work, and St. Jude Hospital is an example.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

My guess is that you have no problem with the Scholastic Corporation either.

They are forced through peer pressure and aggressive marketing. The Scholastic Corporation targets children aged 14 and under, who are not liable of making rational decisions.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And the only way those children being "forced" to look at a list of books can buy them is if their parents send a cheque and a form choosing the books.

Nefarious.

On a different note, unlike other Masonic groups, the Shriners are not gender segregated.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by digger2381

For those who just skimmed through the original post, St. Jude Hospital is run by the Shriners, which is a branch of Freemasonry.

The Freemasons claim that they do charity work, and St. Jude Hospital is an example.

Please document the above.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a fantastic organization that has done great work, and is modeled in the same vein as the much older Shriners Hospitals for Children organization but most definitely is not run by, nor is it a part of the Shriners Hospitals for Children organization or trust. It is an independent charity that funds itself without affiliation or reliance upon Freemasonry or it's members.

St. Jude leadership

Shriners Hospitals for Children Board of Trustees

Pretty obvious that there is two different structures.

All said, both are great institutions that have helped thousand upon thousands of kids at no cost regardless of the ability to pay.

On a side note, while the Shriners hospitals for Children isn't affiliated with Danny Thomas or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital but they are affiliated with Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel... Go figure...

[edit on 15/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The only reason that my other half is here today is because of St. Judes Children's Hospital. She was diagnosed with Hodgkins after finding a lump on the side of her neck. She was treated by St. Judes and cured. They did a LOT of good things for her, and they do a lot of good things for other children. They flew her to the hospital in Tennessee from Atlanta, at no charge to her or her family, they treated her (which included surgery, chemo, and radiation), which her family never would have been able to afford at a regular hospital.

If St. Judes had been started by a "regular" person, this thread wouldn't be here and you would have no problem with it. But since it was started by a *gasp* Freemason, then you have a problem with it. I think it's a wonderful organization, and it needs support, and to continue for many years to come.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
[edit on 15-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would like to just continue to think that when my daughter participates in the Math-a-thon that the money is innocently going to sick pediatric patients.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Whats this thread about? Are we trying to find something evil in a childrens hospital? hahahaha. People see conspiracies in everything I guess. Like I always say, I'm glad I'm not a paranoid person. And as far as shriners hospitals I know a couple people that went to them when they were children and have had their lives saved, and I've heard countless stories of the same.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There is a way to use the Illuminati and there are ways to use the Illuminati.
There are so many rich setting non profits that you must realize what is going on.
Yes many are for the good.
Also as a non profit does not mean you can't have income for salaries.
It's a way of survival for those who accumulate wealth.
Perhaps not or not all the time.
As a private organization normally does not mean federal bailout.
However improper operations or circumstances might mean private
bail out for health and other reasons.
Some are dependent on the biggest non profit organization, the government.
Weather working or not.
It's the way of Illuminati life.
A good one so don't foul it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If St. Judes had been started by a "regular" person, this thread wouldn't be here and you would have no problem with it. But since it was started by a *gasp* Freemason, then you have a problem with it. I think it's a wonderful organization, and it needs support, and to continue for many years to come.
And, to be even more blunt about things, Danny Thomas founded St. Jude's in 1962 but didn't become a Mason until March 15, 1984, more than 20 years later.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Parents give in to their children for a variety of reasons.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

The money is not going to sick patients, it's going to "research" ...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I have a problem with any organization that pimps out children.

I also have a problem with the fact that they support the pharmaceutical industry, which kills more people than any natural cause of death.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

That doesn't stop the Freemasons from claiming Danny Thomas and the St. Jude Hospital.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have an older brother who died in May 1982, at the age of six, because of leukemia. St. Jude's has always been a charity I've certainly paid attention to, to say the least.

My concern with such organizations [e.g. Susan G. Komen foundation, St. Jude's, etc.] is that they're connected with the same organizations/corporations which seem to shower our society with carcinogens.

Furthermore, "treatment" such as chemotherapy, endorsed by the good ol' allopathic AMA, seem to do more harm than good.

It's "good" business for the almighty medical industry. Unfortunately, my mother and father lost their first-born, and I lost my older brother. Is this "because" of the AMA or St. Jude's or the NWO?

Well, it's certainly not in spite of them.

Thank God I still remember him and know that he's still around.

Rest in Peace, Jay. I'll see you again.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is the secret society forum so for those not on to Danny Thomas'
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital being too secret I'll post a link
with many but don't think the Hospital is mentioned.

The web site is going down soon perhaps with all the secret society
pages.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join