It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I am shocked at the sheer ignorance in this thread. Why are so many people on ATS unaware of the view count lag on YouTube? Even Alex Jones has stated before that the counter lags. Again, there is a good chance they manipulate the videos on the lists to keep Alex Jones off them, but to pull conspiracies out of a hat that doesn't exist is silly. We should be talking about the real censorship instead of being diverted.

I wonder... could the comment deletion be the actual censorship, or is there a glitch concerning memory?

That's an incredible glitch I may add.

It's erased my rating three times. Users are only allowed 1 rating only. I've had to re-rate 3 times, and will screen shot each time it happens from now on.

That is not a glitch.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
You tube just disabled the comments.

Bastards are CENSORING the users!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There could be a video of programmers sitting there deleting comments, and people here would said they are trying to fix the problem..

I don't know what's nuttier. Censorship on a grand scale, or people giving every reason under the sun for it not being a man made problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The Sheen interview was mentioned in the news and was front page on Yahoo News yesterday. There's no way it has only two and a half thousand view - more like in the hundreds of thousands.

Looks like google have had flack and simply adjusted the views to match the ratings, since that's an obvious giveaway.

I like to play devil's advocate against the theories often here, but this stinks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
I don't know what's nuttier. Censorship on a grand scale, or people giving every reason under the sun for it not being a man made problem.

The thing is concerning the latter is that computer programs are rather finicky things. They can only move as fast and as well as the hardware calculating their processes. Glitches are bound to happen when high traffic bombards a site.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro

Originally posted by squidboy

The thing is concerning the latter is that computer programs are rather finicky things. They can only move as fast and as well as the hardware calculating their processes. Glitches are bound to happen when high traffic bombards a site.

All I can ask is to sit there for two minutes and refresh. Watch the comments come in every second.

Then watch the view count. Nothing.

My rating has been erased twice. I had to re rate. One rating allowed per user.

And the infamous View Count. It was at 303 for hours (a few comments noted it was at 850 ish, then went back to 303.

It's the craziest glitch I've ever seen.

I mean the comments alone are incredible. It's like a protest has broken out on Youtube...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just a thought: If different users post the same video, are the views aggregated?

I'm guessing not.

I just did a youtube search for:

"charlie sheen's video message to president obama"

Just turned up 'about 151' results. jumping through some of those search pages, the vast majority appear to be the interview, with 6.33 durations.

Is that good or bad?

Doesn't this water down the viewing figures considerably and thus lower the film's profile?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Again, all this is happening due to the massive influx of people watching, rating, and commenting on the video. People in here who are snap reacting to every little detail needs to stop watching the video, come back in 24 hours, and look at the video again then. As I've said countless times already, there could be a conspiracy that YouTube is censoring Alex Jones's videos by not letting them be on the lists, but to say they are censoring the ratings, views, and comments is highly unlikely and would only fuel conspiracy theorists, and, like I said earlier, Alex has stated before that when it comes to view count on videos, YouTube can be laggy.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Like i said earlier its very easy for them to inoculate themselves of being accused of rigging the counts.

Al they need to do is to do similar things randomly to other videos that are rather unimportant like music videos or user content then when they see a video that is too controversial for them or dangerous like the Sheen one they do the same rigging intentionally.

The effect this has is that when those accuse you tube of censoring the content they just say. "look we did it on this music video" or "this happens from time to time its just coincidence it happened on this particular video"

It is very clever but also very simple and most of us can see through it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Again, all this is happening due to the massive influx of people watching, rating, and commenting on the video. People in here who are snap reacting to every little detail needs to stop watching the video, come back in 24 hours, and look at the video again then. As I've said countless times already, there could be a conspiracy that YouTube is censoring Alex Jones's videos by not letting them be on the lists, but to say they are censoring the ratings, views, and comments is highly unlikely and would only fuel conspiracy theorists, and, like I said earlier, Alex has stated before that when it comes to view count on videos, YouTube can be laggy.

Have you been watching the page for the last three hours?

They erased my rating twice! You can only rate once with a user name and I had to re due to 3 times.

How the hell is that a glitch?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Well I have never seen the views drop BACK on YT, but I do know that the views don't all register immediately.
I have a friend who is quite a popular YT partner, and I tend to read the comments. I know that the views often stick at certain numbers for a while....even though I can see comments being added....then suddenly a few hours later the views jump to what it most probably the up-to-date number. I seem to remember my friend even asking YT about this and they confirmed it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Okay Mr. Clarity, can you offer any solid evidence that they target just conspiracy theory videos, and that they target all of them? This conspiracy you are presenting is very open-ended and has a lot of invisible assumptions. Does that mean it's impossible? Of course not, but to think they're doing it to every video is silly.

...because it's a glitch? How many videos on YouTube have you rated? If you have rated hundreds of popular ones like I have, you'll notice that it glitches on occasion.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and acts like a duck... its a duck!

Read my signature if you don't get the above statement.

They just aren't that sneaky.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Oh geez... someone answer him about his rating before he bursts a corpuscle.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
The Sheen interview was mentioned in the news and was front page on Yahoo News yesterday. There's no way it has only two and a half thousand view - more like in the hundreds of thousands.

Looks like google have had flack and simply adjusted the views to match the ratings, since that's an obvious giveaway.

I like to play devil's advocate against the theories often here, but this stinks.

I just did a search on Yahoo news, but i couldn't find anything??

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Some draw comparisons to Alex Jones situation. He said it was server mishaps that caused him problems and i believe him and some don't.

In this scenario you say this is you tube mishap or glitch i don't believe them.

The difference is that this is friggin you tube the number 4 site on the net and owned by google the biggest site on the internet these are the most powerful sites on the internet. They have a very good motive for suppressing information on 9/11 from getting attention and they have such a robust and powerful service saying that this glitch of the count going from 800 to 303 and staying there is common place it just isn't.

Again we will never have proof of their intentions but they are very important part of mainstream media and i have almost no trust in mainstream media.

You like to say everyone is ignorant well If you trust mainstream media i think you are ignorant.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Just searched the video on YT. came up with 301 views. However, when you click on the channel page it shows 21,054 views.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by satwin

Just searched the video on YT. came up with 301 views. However, when you click on the channel page it shows 21,054 views.

And a video with 3000 ratings, and 6000 comments (after a day) would probably have around 500,000 views. Compare it with other videos on youtube. View to Rating ratio.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
You like to say everyone is ignorant well If you trust mainstream media i think you are ignorant.

Well then, it's a good thing I don't trust mainstream media, but it's also a bad thing if you trust anyone else blindly without doing your own research and fact-checking. I've been on YouTube since around June '06, and after being on the site for more than 3 years, I've seen countless glitches in all fields. They've been on the site since the beginning, and I doubt they will ever be fixed without a giant overhaul. I'm not sure if you lack experience on YouTube, so if you do, we will never see eye-to-eye, since you have to experience it to understand it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

It was a headline article on yesterday's front page - the UK & Ireland version.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join