It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting face crying a river of tears as glacier melts into the sea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
did it died??????????????????????

I lol'ed.

That is a very interesting picture. Wow kind of creepy to be honest. Anyway, i feel some people are missing the point of this post. Does nature give signs that the earth is in pain? I think so, this one might not neccesarily be one of those signs but I feel it is something that would awake the "oh @#%! we are kinda messing up" in us.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I wanted to see the hot dog man, my mind still couldnt see him though. ):

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Its posted in fragile earth for a reason by the way.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
All I know is that temperatures in many areas are getting colder not warmer. I'm still waiting for global warming to hit calif. but instead its doing the opposite.

Yeah, right on, and that's why it's so hot and dry and parched and now fires have been raging for days. Again.

Yup, it's getting colder.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

If you don't like that site, find another one. There are lots of them out there showing temperature changes. It's getting colder(touch of sarcasm)
, that must be why two years ago they changed the plant area index all over the country increasing the area and times zones for plant hardiness instead of decreasing it.

Average temperatures in California rose nearly two degrees Fahrenheit during the second half of the 20th century, with urban areas blazing the way to warmer conditions.

You were saying?

Anyway, I don't know for a "fact" that climate change is due 100% to humans, I know we are not helping the situation though. We can't even have a care for each other, so how can we expect people to care about the planet?

Anyway, the picture just amazed me. It is beautiful in a haunting kind of way. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Originally posted by silo13
A friend of mine walked behind my computer while I was viewing the spectacular photo.
He says 'Oh, Michael Jackson?"
I wanted to barf.

Barf away - It does look like Michael Jackson. His private funeral is today - how fitting.

Michael Jackson??? haha, More like Michael Meyers, and with "Halloween coming up, makes some sense. But Mike wouldn't cry, well actually I think he has.

Anyhow, awesome picture, nature cane be really amazing sometimes.

I do agree with those replying that we shouldn't be "so" concerned with saving the Earth. I mean the earth has been here for how long? And humans have been around for a blink of an eye in comparison.

The earth is slowly killing us off like the disease we are.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
this is one of those little things that makes me wonder about how big and how beautiful is nature, even when we're throwing it into a trashcan.
S+F, incredible picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Looks like those who are promoting man made global warming have been brushing up on their photoshop skills.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm open-minded. I've seen a lot of evidence that anthropological warming is occurring and is responsible for potential climate change. Likewise, I've seen a lot of evidence that this sort of climate change is totally natural and even to be expected.

I'm not a professional climatologist or a scientist. I've read as much research and data as I could get my hands on and comprehend as a layperson of pretty average intelligence. There's some fairly robust evidence that carbon dioxide emissions have historically been preceded by warming (not the other way around,) and that currently the entire solar system is actually undergoing a natural, solar-induced warming cycle. On the other hand, there seems to be equally robust evidence that the reason warming often precedes carbon dioxide increases is because warming can lead to the release of carbon dioxide and methane stores in the oceans and permafrost (which we are actually beginning to see, now,) and that in addition to the warming occurring throughout the solar system currently, there is also an anthropological warming occurring on Earth.

What I don't see is absolute proof of either hypothesis, so I maintain an open, concerned, and interested mind.

What is clear to me is that human activity does have some detrimental effects on the biosphere, and I don't have to be a scientist or have any smoking gun proof to feel saddened by that personally.

Beautiful photograph, regardless.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye
Woow awesome pic!
This is making me think about how we are messing up our home...
A dog won't litter his own shack.. have we humans lost our instincts?
I wonder if we look back one day, we meaning humanity.
If we would look back on this era and think ' Never again ' ...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

I look upon almost every yesterday and think, "never again."

Reality bites used to be a saying. Seems to be more truthful now than ever.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

I completely agree! Do people not remember that there was an ICE AGE that has since melted......

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
while it's a beautiful picture, is it surprising that ice melts in the summer? (yea, its summer in the north pole too.)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Breath-taking picture! S&F for posting this one

I wonder if it's our (humanity's) guility mind that's making us see that face in the ice or if it's Mother Gaia showing us how much hurt we cause her?

Or ... maybe it's just both and this is Earth's way to communicatie with us.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Really cool pic.
Thanks for the post.
S+F!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The problem is not about how hotter the planet is getting, but how fast it is getting hotter. Natural climate changes take hundreds, if not thousands years. Here, everything is changing in decades. And it seems to be getting exponnentially faster.
Ok, we're not about to kill everything that lives (not yet ?
). Life will adapt. But the adaptation will be so fast that there will be many losses.

Anyway, even if global warming was not man made, we DO NEED to learn to respect and love everything that lives, everything that exists for the mere reason it exists. Our intelligence is not a tool gifted to us to use it to master nature, but a gift given to nature through us. We are not masters, nor servants, we are a part of a whole. The whole needs us, as we need it. There is no such thing as an opposition between nature and human, we're all a part of it.

I often make the comparison between what we're doing and a cancer. You know, cancer is a part of your body developping to much and too fast, sucking up all your energy and spreading in you, and finally killing you. It's only a bunch of mad cells, but they still kill you. We're not much when compared to the whole, but we're still enough to hurt it badly. Not only through global warming, but also and mainly through other kinds of pollution, like fishes overexploitation, forests being cut, soils with too much crops (and most of them will be burned not to lower prices) who finally turn to deserts...

I too agree on the fact that people are being manipulated by mainstream medias, governments and companies in believing that they can still have two big cars in each familly as long as they use bioethanol or even use less oil than previous models did. It's all like : don't think about ecology, we'll take care of it for you. Just keep buying more and more...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Glaciers always melt into the sea. It is a part of a natural ecosystem in equilibrium. I'm not saying that we don't have any effect - we do - but this type of picture could be taken 10 years ago, 100 years years ago, or even further back.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Could even say it looks like

MICHAEL JACKSON

Amazing picture.

S&F

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

And it's even sadder that their's people out there that think man is the cause of everything bad that happens to the Earth. The Earth has been known to go through cycles of warming an cooling, you have volcanos going off all over the world, throwing huge amounts of ash an gases into the atmosphere, is man to blame for that? The sun also effects the Earth, is man to blame for that too? I'm not saying man hasn't contributed to whats going on, but I don't feel were completely to blame either.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoIndoEuropeanMoon

Mein kopf tut weh

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by ProtoIndoEuropeanMoon

Mein kopf tut weh

whatisitinthytalkyabootin ?