It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says WHO flu vaccine is not mandatory.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Link to article.

By Rady Ananda

From the Rose Garden today, President Barack Obama promised that the swine flu vaccine “will be completely voluntary.” He took no questions and spoke for only four minutes. Top policymakers from the various alphabet agencies whose bailiwick includes the WHO flu (H1N1) flanked him.

OK, there will be no mandatory vaccinations. They now think it may not mutate into a worse form. That pretty well negates most of the worries on this topic for the time being. People can stop scaring themselves.

Since Obama made the announcement from the Rose Garden, in front of the camera's I don't think anyone is going to be rounded up, locked in FEMA camps or forced to take a shot they don't want.

I smell yet another paranoid episode about to end. Perhaps?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Link to article.

By Rady Ananda

From the Rose Garden today, President Barack Obama promised that the swine flu vaccine “will be completely voluntary.” He took no questions and spoke for only four minutes. Top policymakers from the various alphabet agencies whose bailiwick includes the WHO flu (H1N1) flanked him.

OK, there will be no mandatory vaccinations. They now think it may not mutate into a worse form. That pretty well negates most of the worries on this topic for the time being. People can stop scaring themselves.

Since Obama made the announcement from the Rose Garden, in front of the camera's I don't think anyone is going to be rounded up, locked in FEMA camps or forced to take a shot they don't want.

I smell yet another paranoid episode about to end. Perhaps?

You wish...

Now we czars that are different than the other czars that other presidents czars
cause Obama is satan.

Czars should be CIA or invested in the industries they czar over!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Even though as an Independent Moderate I don't subscribe to Obama's politics, I'm not ready to call him "Satan" just yet.

Charismatic and two faced yes, Satan no.

I'll put a dollar on the line here and bet you nobody is rounded up or forced to do anything

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I would agree, but. . . .

Look at his own justice department, Obama SAYS no investigation of CIA activities during Bush era. His own Atty General says, nope, gonna investigate anyway.

I agree with the hype/panic over this thing.

But I do not trust this administration. . . .

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why would obama say soemthing, without knowing, if he is caught lying..most of everyone here IS going to hate him? i dont see the logic in that? its good to know, its voluntary thank god. however, he has gone back on many of his promises as well, his approval ratings is clear evidence of that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That's a relief!

They'd be silly to try to make it mandatory. Do you know how many people would resist till death? (me included)

CX

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So it's not mandatory....apart from those who have been threatened with being fired if they don't take it...

Flu shot or get fired

I wonder how employees stand on that one now? Maybe they can get a note from Obama.

CX.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great News! And proof that all of the CS rhetoric, bloggers, protestors, and the like, are actually making a difference and getting noticed!

Maybe this government still has a chance to survive?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

He's been caught lying every day since he took office. Matters not.

I think the OP has a point, to a point. I'd like to see him take some questions on the subject though. There are still plenty of ways this whole thing can go wrong. For example, do we really care if there's no federal mandate for the vaccine, if each of the states themselves are going to mandate it?

The bottom line is this. What Obama says, rarely has anything to do with what Obama does. This is the one thing he's actually proven.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'll have to agree he has a history of saying one thing and doing another.

He said no Lobbyists and Special Interests and then his first appointment was a Lobbyist and his Cabinet is full of them not to mention his Czars.

Even though I think there is more than enough paranoia to go around on this topic I've always been against mandatory inoculations. All my point has been is that those who make that choice take care not to infect innocent people if they get the bug.

In fact, I'm opposed to mandatory (fill in the blank) anything.

I think I mentioned that I've already had the H1N1 but being older it was very mild and nobody around me caught it from me thank God. I stayed at home for the duration and was even careful not to give it to my Wife.

Being a Moderate, I'm sort of trapped in the middle at times. I like some of his idea's, I hate others. I don't trust any of them however and I think that is just reacting to the history of politicians on both side.

I doubt mandatory vaccination is a reality and I think he meant what he said.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Hospital Workers is indeed different is it not. I don't want an MD or Nurse working on me who might be infecting me with the Flu. Does not matter in my case but my Wife is about to have surgery and I'd be plenty pissed if she got the Flu from a Hospital Worker who refused to do the right thing.

This is a tough issue. I'm glad I'm not one of the people making these decisions.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He is not lying, you wont be forced to take the vaccine. You will however be forced to be quarantined if you do not comply. Its clever that he made that statement and did not elaborate on it any further.

Its not what he says as much as what he does not say.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
reply to post by ziggy1706

He's been caught lying every day since he took office. Matters not.

I think the OP has a point, to a point. I'd like to see him take some questions on the subject though. There are still plenty of ways this whole thing can go wrong. For example, do we really care if there's no federal mandate for the vaccine, if each of the states themselves are going to mandate it?

The bottom line is this. What Obama says, rarely has anything to do with what Obama does. This is the one thing he's actually proven.

Obama is lying again. Here's how. His statements do not preclude states from making the vaccine mandatory.

And here's the clincher if states make the vaccine mandatory, Obama will back them up with federal personnel as many as needed.

To me that's lying.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Since Obama made the announcement from the Rose Garden, in front of the camera's ....

So what? He's made tons and tons of promises in front of the cameras.
And he hasn't kept them. So why should this be any different.
He's just saying what the people want to hear at that time.
It's called pandering. It's his religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I doubt mandatory vaccination is a reality and I think he meant what he said.

This statement assumes that he is the only person who could or would implement such a policy.

Whether this is true or not, in order to quell the concern over the issue, you have to first prove to people that the president actually wields real power. Unfortunately, that conspiracy theory is much older, much more established than anything surrounding the swine flu. For the words of any president to hold meaning to anyone who frequents a site like ATS, the entire NWO theory must be completely and dramatically debunked.

It could be that we're all as crazy as the MSM likes to make us sound. Or it could be that he's just not ready to handle us taking to the streets with guns in our hands and retribution on our minds. Or maybe his statement is both true and not true. Maybe Swine Flu vaccinations are NOT mandatory, because at this time a medical emergency has not been declared. He might get up in October and say "Now that I've declared a medical emergency, these vaccinations are mandatory".

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think some of you are mistaking me for an Obama fan which I am not. Yes, he may well be lying or being deceptive. Anything is possible. I don't think so in this case. The Flu is proving to be mild, they are not going to close schools anymore, so putting it all together; I think this will become yesterdays news shortly unless it does mutate.

As far as people so irrational as to not voluntarily quarantine themselves if they are contagious; I don't really care because they are jerks if they do that. Sociopaths in fact. What kind of person knowingly spreads a disease that kills children?

I stayed home and lost over a weeks work and even avoided sitting next to my own Wife at home to protect her us much as I could. That is what a responsible, decent person would do anyway.

CX

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by CX

Hospital Workers is indeed different is it not. I don't want an MD or Nurse working on me who might be infecting me with the Flu. Does not matter in my case but my Wife is about to have surgery and I'd be plenty pissed if she got the Flu from a Hospital Worker who refused to do the right thing.

This is a tough issue. I'm glad I'm not one of the people making these decisions.

I know what you mean, but that all depends on what in the vaccine.

All i've heard for weeks now is how the vaccine is unsafe and not to go near it with a barge pole.

So does that mean hospital workers who have to take the shot, will be better for the patients or worse?

I'm confused lol.

CX.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

So you are convinced that people will be rounded up then? Forced compliance of some kind? If it does not happen, where does that leave those who are insisting it will?

I'm not blind to the fact that something like this could happen, I just don't think this is it. If they planted a disease, I'd think it would have been a mass killer right out of the box. Millions would already be dead.

The Flu season just ended in the Southern Hemisphere and no such thing seems to have occurred. Our season starts early here and there is nothing strange going on.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Where have you gotten that from though? I don't think they even know yet whether this is safe or not. Not really. They are dealing with something that will be over before the testing can be done.

I see it as a judgment call on each persons part. I don't agree with mandatory anything though. If it does get bad, I'd say any health care worker not willing to be vaccinated should just stay home until it is over. I don't think they should be punished.

We will all know soon enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't know why people bother continuing to try to help folks deny ignorance. You can show them facts, and it doesn't matter, they'll twist it around, as much as is needed, so that they can continue fear-mongering, scaring folks, and predicting the end of the world. This won't die until well into next year, I'd guess, after it was clear there really wasn't any chance of a forced vaccine.

And then, they'll just say the agenda changed because so-and-so happened. Getting really used to the pattern here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join