It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy werewolf photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was doing some research today on the michigan dogman and came across a story and photo online that creeped me out a little. it's most likely a hoax but it gave me the creeps nonetheless. Partly because the picture on the webpage actually showed nothing untill i did some enhancing of it seperately.

the page in question is here:

www.michigan-dogman.com...

and my enhancement of that photo:

good times.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm going to refrain from comment and just say that it's strange they snapped that shot, but didn't take the camera with them when they saw the prints.

Also, if they got the picture just as it turned and ran, it has pretty good definition. I'd expect a blurred shape in that situation.

Also, remember, that Michigan-Dogman site has been shown to be making money off of the Dogman thing. They're musical artists. And they have that whole "It started as an April Fool's Day Prank" going for them.

I really, really, have second thoughts about anything from that website.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I agree its all very sketchy. sketchy but well done. nothing absolutely screams fake in this photo (although i am no expert) and the dogman video is very unnerving to say the least. something about the way it moves makes my hair stand up a bit. but as for this photo - the size of the creature alone is a bit suspect.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

I am by no means the photo expert in this forum. I'll be interested in what the other crypto buffs have to say about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well i can tell you what i think and it looks like a bear.....
Its not unheard off for bears to awaken from their hibernation he may have felt hungury and smelt something on the wind which took it to where the photo was shot

[edit on 19-8-2009 by loner007]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
fake. looks like an werewolf from either underworld, or an american werewolf in paris (or london)

werewolves dont exist. vampires dont exist.
love stories involving the 2 dont exist.
too many twilight fans.

------

its a still of a video?
well they didnt do a very good job, the still screams photo manipulation. unless its one of those rare werewolves, the ones who always out of focus while everything else in the frame is in perfect focus.

Should link the video, id like to take al ook at it.

but from the still, screams fake to me, graphic designer, spot manipulation 100 yards away

[edit on 19-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

And Underworld fans. Don't forget Underworld.

Looking at it again, yeah, it could be a bear.

It also looks like a statue.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just off the cuff -- the muzzle-to-jaw ratio looks wrong for a bear, to me. Hard to tell, if the object/creature is in motion. The muzzle looks too long and rectangular, whereas most bear I've seen have a rather truncated triangle-shaped muzzle.

Also, even a bear emerging from hibernation..... this creature looks too long, gaunt, wiry.

I did a 400% enlargement, and it just doesn't look to demonstrate much in the way of a musculature, especially for such a slim creature. I think I'd have to tend toward Raven's view of it being a statue or other fixed object. Look at the way the light (in the enhanced photo of the OP's) looks flat and reflective, even on the edges, where it [possibly] should be less reflective.

Agree with the OP, it do look creepy, especially the posture. Interesting that the haunches are fairly obscured -- that would tell the tale to some extent if it were in the canine family.

Edit to add: look at the enhanced photo under 400% zoom. Right under the muzzle and toward the back, there are odd (maybe) pixelization features between the creature and the background. Now, I'm wondering if this creature was inserted into the photo.

[edit on 19/8/09 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
no its not a bear!? haha... a bear over half the size of a barn with super long arms? and its not from a video its from a picture i linked to that i have enhanced. I dont know what it is but i do know its not a bear.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It reeks of a half-hearted photoshop attempt for me... but I can't say with 100% accuracy.

It just looks like someone used the magic wand to cut out a werewolf from a movie poster or something, chucked a blur filter on it and put it in the photo.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

looks like an action figure, placement would be tricky but not impossible with a piece of glass and some fake snow

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
IT looks like it might be a statue

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's difficult to tell if the werewolf has been added in but it does look to me to be a still from a video camera - the background appears to have pixelation from the CCds inability to accurately pick out hues which are close together colour wise.

The lighting appears very strong too, suggesting the additional lighting required for filming? My best guess would be that this is vid footage of, or cuts from a film about werewolves, as mentioned by other posts.

Edited because I just can't spell. Damn that fluoride in my drinking water!

[edit on 8/19/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well the picture on the site looks much clearer than the one posted here.
One thing throws me off, the light. The light does not shine at all on the creature when it is in very close vicinity to the creature. For me, I call photo-shopped.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but that is a photoshop.
The bright light and dark shadows in the rest of the picture give it away. The darkest shadow on the creature should be close to the darkest shadows in the rest of the picture. It is way too light.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am skeptical also of this site, however how cool would that be if it is legit? It definitely does look like a large dog or a wolf. Which may or may not make it more likely that the picture is a hoax. But who am I to say, I have never seen a werewolf. As far as the existance of werewolves go, I am not as skeptical as some about them. They may very well exist. But I highly doubt they exist as anything that is in Hollywood. Maybe they are aliens. Okay, that is as much speculation as I am willing to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that the picture i have posted has been run through a program by me to brighten and clear up the image that cannot be seen in the original photo. Some people seem to be calling hoax based on elements that came through after doing that. That is to say that it may be my enhancement that makes it look sketchy and not the original picture.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Perhaps. But I think the original image was enlarged and assessed, and the source of the image is less-than-savory.

I think if there is ever going to be photographic proof of a werewolf, this image is not it.

Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Warewolf.... REALLY??? just looks like a bear, upright....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f6ef551122d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

What a cutie!

Yeah, definitely possible. Again, ironic they didn't get pictures of the snowprints.

But, you know how these pictures usually go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join