It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry, here's the add.

karlshuker.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iwonder123
Sorry, here's the add.

karlshuker.blogspot.co.uk...

Awesome, thanks for the link, and nice artwork from Chris.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hah! Here's a photo I came across on the Internet. This one must be the real deal. No Photoshop here, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

GRAMPA!
and that weird dog they shot!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Hah! Here's a photo I came across on the Internet. This one must be the real deal. No Photoshop here, right?

Looks like the true story of Old Yeller was even more tragic than the film adaptation, especially considering ants can't contract rabies...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How come sometimes the fakes show a dinosaur instead of a bird?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flashmaster
How come sometimes the fakes show a dinosaur instead of a bird?

Even a large bird is not as impressive as a pteranodon.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's too bad this thread died,

I wonder if that picture will ever surface or if it just never really existed at all.

A strange but wonderful tale....

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2018 by DetectiveFork because: repaired image

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveFork

I thought it would never be found.... And there it is!
No Photoshop involved.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I thought it would never be found.... And there it is!
No Photoshop involved.

I can state for a fact that it is a very real photo of real objects. :-D

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Batan
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Good memory! The photo reportedly went missing in 1966 when Sanderson received AND loaned his copy to two Pennsylvania researchers.
There is a possibility however the last date may have been as early as 1965 or as late as 1967.

I am still on this case and we MUST keep up the chatter--the more people post, the more clues we get.

Thank you Cheddarhead for giving your memory of the photo--you are not the first to say it was "blue tinted".

Happy searching everyone! Keep it up!
-Russ

Is it possible that one of the researchers from Pennsylvania was H. M. Cranmer of Hammersley Fork, Pennsylvania, who the late Mark Chorvinsky identified as the possible original source for the Thunderbird Photo story, and who was rumored to have the photo on a wall in his house (before the house burned down, tragically killing Cranmer)? This is reported in the final part of the Thunderbird series in Strange Magazine authored by Chorvinsky: www.strangemag.com...
edit on 19-5-2018 by DetectiveFork because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

YES, good observation. These are the thoughts that keep this thread going. Thanks. I think I remember these men being described as young too. Pretty sure these two could be found, though they are almost certainly passed on by now.
So yeah,
I have found some new stuff that may bring in the photo a small bit closer, however, I really want to check these leads first before posting.
I'm also still e-mailing off and on different establishments regarding the photo on television back in the day.

I may actually have a chance to go to a few places that are very relevant to the story and maybe do some knocking on doors and interviews and such. I seriously doubt that this will help, but will be fun for sure.
Maybe Elizabeth lake or even Tomestone.
Anyway, I'm still working on the "case" slowly slowly and glad to see some others are interested too.
Happy searching!

edit on 15-7-2018 by Batan because: forgot to say

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I remember a picture of a large bird nailed to the side of a barn, with many men under and in front of it. It was in the Eighties on AOL (Macintosh) before the WWW and Netscape. AOL had a great picture library that was also cloned and part of Bitnet, Gopher and Wais sites.
I know that is where I saw it. The /alt/... archives seem to come to mind. It has been a long time.
edit on 15-7-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

YES, good observation. These are the thoughts that keep this thread going. Thanks. I think I remember these men being described as young too. Pretty sure these two could be found, though they are almost certainly passed on by now.
So yeah,
I have found some new stuff that may bring in the photo a small bit closer, however, I really want to check these leads first before posting.
I'm also still e-mailing off and on different establishments regarding the photo on television back in the day.

I may actually have a chance to go to a few places that are very relevant to the story and maybe do some knocking on doors and interviews and such. I seriously doubt that this will help, but will be fun for sure.
Anyway, I'm still working on the "case" slowly slowly and glad to see some others are interested too.
Happy searching!

Thank you, Batan. I've been really digging into this story on my own, too. Hope your searching is going well! Maybe one day someone will find something...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I always found this subject very interesting and really believed it for a long time.

That one speaker at Bigfoot conventions claims that the Thunderbird is real!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveFork

So yeah,

Happy searching!

Thank you, Batan. I've been really digging into this story on my own, too. Hope your searching is going well! Maybe one day someone will find something...

I'll second this thanks for the work you are doing on this, I also am searching off and on for more information though my sources are a little more limited. I am trying. I'm still using what resources I have to track down the original book (I think one of Ivans books) or the magazine. Problem being I am almost convinced on the book side that it was in the first edition only and the only copies of the book I can find are 2nd editions or later.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hey guys, I found a picture of a Thunderbird in front of a barn!

Happy Holidays, my fellow "Thunderbird People!"

edit on 23-12-2018 by DetectiveFork because: addition

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is this the pic you're looking for?

ibb.co...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Is this the pic you're looking for?
ibb.co...

No, it's supposedly a picture of a very large bird, not a pterosaur.

Damned Mandela Effect.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join