It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Cold Summers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I've been meaning to start a thread saying the exact same thing.

Although I live in the UK so it's not too surprising!

But on a serious note, I've even pulled out my 'winter about the house sweats', in July damn it!

I had such hopes for this year's summer, oh well, there's always next year.

I read it's something to do with the solar cycle at a minimum, don't know if anyone can back me up on that?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
The last 2 summers in Britain have been absolutely rubbish. This year's started well but is now grey and wet again.

Exactly. It barely started before it snapped back to cold and wet. I can't believe that I'm wearing a woolly jumper and a scarf in July.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here in Kentucky we set a record low for the month of July.
71 degrees F
Never been this cold in July in all recorded history.
Something odd is happening. But I think it just has something to do with all the strange sun activity affecting tides and ocean currents bringing in different high/low fronts than we are used to.
El Nino happens every 4 years, wonder if this is it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

The last 2 summers in Britain have been absolutely rubbish. This year's started well but is now grey and wet again.

Exactly. It barely started before it snapped back to cold and wet. I can't believe that I'm wearing a woolly jumper and a scarf in July.

Me and my mates swear next year we're going to 'summer' in the Southern Hemisphere, it's gotta be better back home in Winter than it is in Pommieland in Summer!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Me and my mates swear next year we're going to 'summer' in the Southern Hemisphere, it's gotta be better back home in Winter than it is in Pommieland in Summer!

So true -- take me with you!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Its worth remembering that we did have fantastic septembers/octobers the last two years though.

Maybe the pattern is changing, warm spring, damp summer, warm autumn.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ya, I'm not going to deny that although its cold, its pretty good temperatures for summer. One thing on a side note, can you let us know which state/country you live in?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
kiwifoot, Ya, its probably something to do with the Sun cycle or El Nino. I've always wanted to go to the UK. Hopefully later on in my life, I usually like this kind of weather.

skeetontheconspiracy, Finally, someone around the south. Kentucky isn't to far from Illinois.
I think it might be El Nino, also. Wonder if anyone happens to know when they occur.

CRB86, Ya, just to mention it, Spring was warmer than this years summer. I wonder if autumn is going to share the same results.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Yes.....summers in michigan this year have not been too warm.....I mean sure there are warm days but it didn't start getting into the 80's until July ! when it used to start that somewhat late may..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

I would take their summer also!

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and we've had something like 18 days of above 100 weather, and we only average 16 for the whole season, and it's not even August. The beginning of August is always the worst. I think 12 or so of those days were in a row. Now its about 95, but that's because of a "cool front." In a couple of days it'll be back to above 100 again.

Honestly, I can handle heat. I don't like it, but I can handle it just fine. Its when you add the damn humidity, and I mean a LOT of it, that it about kills me.

I need winter, or at least the end of fall.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Isn't it always grey and wet there???? Just kidding, sort of, you did have pretty crappy weather each time I backpacked there. Kinda like our Fall and Winter here, all grey with no blue sky for weeks on end it seems.

Here in S. E. Michigan we have had temps on the cooler side more often than on the hotter side. I think we have gone over 90 degrees only twice so far. It's not probably off much from the historical range but it has seemed cooler, haven't turned the air conditioner on at all this year. Al would be proud of me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Trams

Yes.....summers in michigan this year have not been too warm.....I mean sure there are warm days but it didn't start getting into the 80's until July ! when it used to start that somewhat late may..

Yes, I remember it being hot in May the last few years, but this year it was very cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Isn't it always grey and wet there???? Just kidding, sort of, you did have pretty crappy weather each time I backpacked there. Kinda like our Fall and Winter here, all grey with no blue sky for weeks on end it seems.

When i was a kid, we used to have long, hot summers. It's only recently (10 years) that we've started having crappy summers. Obviously the British weather is known for being grey and wet, but we genuinely used to have some respite between June and September!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Can't belive I missed this thread. It was in front of my eyes all this time.
If you guys really are interested in whats going on with the temperatures in depth. Go to the ATS link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In Europe, for some three or four years before the Black Death struck, people experienced unusually cold summers ( most historical climatologists suggest at that time there was a shift from a Little Optimum- a long period of warmth- to the beginning of the Little Ice Age, that concluded with the 19thC Irish Potato Famine).

Crops were destroyed, people were starving, and when the plague hit, it hit a population that was ill, undernourished and lacking Vitamin D from the sunless days and endless rain.

Something to keep in mind when musing on the current pandemic.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i live in centeal new york and i can confirm a cold summer, not much of a summer at all.. "the year without a summer" theyre calling it. i think its rather comfortable as long as its not part of some bigger problem

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Globally June was the 2nd warmest on record. The 1st half of 2009 is the joint 5th warmest on record.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

However 70% of the planet is water and much of the rest has no major habitation (think much of S America, Africa, Siberia, Antarctica etc).

So it's just tough luck that we mostly all live in the 0.5% of the planet that isn't warmer than usual this summer .......

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Took the fam to a local county fair over the weekend. Had to put coats on the kids! In the middle of July! It's crazy for a July day to not crack 70 degrees. I'm banking on general weather pattern though and not claiming an ice age or global warming.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in South Africa and I can tell you that our Summers and Winters have drastically changed over the past 10 years.

We're midway through our winter now and though it's not as cold as it was last year I think the worst is still to come, despite that we had a few thunder storms with extreme lightning (which usually occur in Summer time). My view on all this climate change is that just like us our earth is changing it has to at the rate we're carrying on or not carrying on, fact is nothing can stay the same forever.

Although, the question remains will we see even more dramatic changes in our climate come another 10 years from now? I think the answer to this is a definitive yes.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Its worth remembering that we did have fantastic septembers/octobers the last two years though.

Maybe the pattern is changing, warm spring, damp summer, warm autumn.

I'm sure you are right, I've just gotten to the point where I feel like I've been cold for two years straight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join