It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Cold Summers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed how cold it is for the northern heimisphere this year? Maybe its just a coincidence. But it just feels too cold. I live in Chicago, and I can tell you now that although I'm glad its not that warm of a summer, I'm still woried. I think its going to be a really long winter this year. Anyone have an idea on whats going on? Maybe it has something to do with the sun, which hasn't had many sun spots, so I'm confused.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i dont know about it being a cold summer, but yesterday was the first day with comfortable temperature all summer near my house. so...
i have no idea

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I can confirm this from Serbia - people haven't seen this cold and wet summer yet - it's unusual.

But maybe it will get hotter in months ahead.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here in Oklahoma, we've had a string of record breaking hot days. Maybe it's just the weather pattern then year.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Ya, the weather is pretty comfortable, but its been like this for a while. Chicago hasn't been in the 90s for a while.

SassyCat, I'm originally from Romania, so chances are, its the same there. I'm thinking it will get wamer in August too.

soontide, I know its hot in the South. Maybe it is just the weather pattern, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks all.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Im from around pittsburgh, pa and we were talking about how this summer is unusually mild. So far. Its still early.

I remember alot of years where we had spells of milder weather. That might be due to the location though.

I don't think its anything to worry about. Although I do think its ashame that people think there is still a hot climate change happening!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The last 2 summers in Britain have been absolutely rubbish. This year's started well but is now grey and wet again.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Ya, I can't really see how global warming is affecting the world. Maybe it makes winter colder? Earlier? Or something.

Ya, I could imagine Britian having wet summers, must be almost nothing to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I sat in my local pub a couple of days ago - mid afternoon and they had the log fire going. Yes, it is cooler than usual.

The other thing I have noticed is the wind - I am not aware of so many days when there is wind. We normally get rubbish weather (wet) but not normally so windy over the may/june/july months...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not a cool summer in Texas... 100 -105 degree temperatures with heat index reaching 110 - 115. These are record setting temperatures!

We would love some of the cool weather the North East has been experiencing!

I can not wait for Fall and Winter!

Ciao!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think there was another thread like this recently, but anyway. I am near Toronto in Canada. Summer is usually quite nice 26-30 degree C. We also usually get some spotty super humid days. This year however.....

Its been in the low 20's or 20 with lots of cloud cover and abnormally windy. Basically it has sucked as far as summers go. This follows a brutally long and cold winter.

I don't care what the stats say, you know its different when you live in it. I am very worried that winter is going to come early and with a vengeance. It was 18 here yesterday and dropped to about 13-14 last night which is more like April temps, stupid!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Ya, its been pretty windy. I was just at Wisconsin Dells, and its the same weather there as it is in Chicago. Granted, there not far from eachother, but still. I was thinking it was maybe lake Michigan. I guess not. The wind, has a bone chilling presence.

Rgseymour, sucks for you! Then again, its probably dry where you are. In Chicago, people would kill themselves, if it was in the 100s, with lake Michigan nearby. There has been some 100s in Chicago though. It gets so humid.

PowerSlave, Ya, I can really feel a very strong, and cold winter coming up this year. But for some reason, I can't wait for it to come. Its only when you lose something that you realize the importance of it.

Thanks guys for sharing ur summer weather experience. Seems that the South has been really warm.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's just a symptom of global cooling which has been going on for the last few years. I won't say more because I'll likely be attacked by all the greenhouse experts if I do. I probably will anyway. I think they are like stock market experts predicting Dow 20,000 back in 2007. I am hoping August is warmer in the northern states because continued cool temperatures may raise the price of food up and I don't want higher prices.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Ya, I've heard some things about global cooling, but I don't understand it. I would like to ask questions, but maybe its best for another time. The cold temperatures will raise food prices, and I hope August will bring in warm temperatures.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

We've had a few weeks where it has been exceptionally hot (and humid) for the UK - even for summer. Then we've had low after low come in from the Atlantic and interact with polar air from the north. It's led, as you have suggested to far colder and wetter weather than is common in July in the UK.

I also noticed this wind which is highly unusual at this time of year.

Some days have felt very autumnal but the overriding theme seems to be that its still summer.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I noticed the temperature this morning at my house was 61 degrees here in typically hot South Carolina. I believe the all time record low was 62 in a town about 30 miles to the north of where I'm at. I would like more of that this summer.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Central and Eastern Canada has had its share of wet cloudy cool weather so far this late spring/early summer as well. In the west, there has been a lack of water causing drought conditions.

Not very pleasant.

The best indicators for these weather patterns are the alternating water temperatures of the Pacific ocean along the Americas... La Nina and El Nino situations. From what I've read, we are currently going from La Nina to El Nino.

A little research into both will provide lots of information and answer why the weather is as it is and will be by this fall and winter.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not here in AZ!!

At this moment, it is 9:58 AM, and it is 105 Degrees outside.

Last night we actually dropped down to 96, at like 2 am, which was nice!

But, back up to the triple digits again.

Yesterday was 117, the other day it was 119... No cold summers here!!

haha

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Actually, to tell you the truth, when I was in Wisconsin, I met a guy, whos from Minnesota and he said that there lacking precipatation. So I could expect that the west is pretty dry right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's been an absolutely FANTASTIC summer here! I usually hate summer but if every summer could be like this one I'd be a happy camper.
80-84 in the day and in the 60's at night. WONDERFUL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join